Virat Kohli's total net worth ₹1050 crores claims report: 8.9cr per Instagram post, 175cr from brand endorsements

India has produced star-studded cricketers over the years, whose popularity remain unmatched as compared to other sports personas from various disciplines. However, one name that stands out from the rest is former India captain Virat Kohli, who is among the top followed sportstars across the globe.

Such is his influence that even tennis legend Roger Federer, football icons Sergio Ramos and Wayne Rooney among others follow the talismanic cricketer on Instagram. With 253 million followers, 224 million more than the current Indian skipper Rohit Sharma, it won't be wrong to call Kohli the face of Indian cricket.

Now data shared by StockGro, a Bengaluru-based trading and investing company, reveals Kohli as one of the “world's highest-earning athlete” with a staggering net worth of 1050 crores. The company cited Forbes, DNA, MPL, Startuptalky as their source, before categorically mentioning his income from cricket, social media revenues, personal assets, and other business ventures.

Kohli has a hefty 7 crore contract with the BCCI as he is placed in the "A+" category. If we look into his match fees, Kohli makes 15 lakh from per Test appearance, 6 lakh each for ODI, and 3 lakh from a single T20 match.

Kohli, who plays for the Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League, earns 15 crore annually from the franchise.

Kohli owns multiple brands, and restaurants and has invested in multiple start-ups such as Blue Tribe, Universal Sportsbiz, MPL, and Sports Convo, among others. He is associated with more than 18 brands and charges 7.50 to 10 crore annually for shooting per advertisement, reportedly the most by any celebrity in Bollywood and sports industry. This fetches him close to 175 crore from brand endorsements.

In addition, Kohli charges 8.9 crore and 2.5 crore per post on Instagram and Twitter respectively.

If we look into his personal assets, excluding his luxurious watches and automobiles, Kohli has a house worth 34 crore in Mumbai and another valued at 80 crore in Gurgaon.

Apart from his earnings from cricket, he is also the co-owner of Indian Super League club FC Goa, a tennis team, and a pro-wrestling team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/89cr-per-instagram-post-175cr-from-brand-endorsements-virat-kohlis-total-net-worth-rs-1050-crores-claims-report-101687106656739.html

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Fukk me I may not earn that much in my entire lifetime. What even is the point :playball:

99.9% of indians won't earn that much even after working hard for whole life. Kohli has earned it and deserves every single rupee but feel 9cr for one post is bit too high.

19 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I understand that. But they could still be like Dhoni atleast Kohli. I guess they are feeling the heat in T20 format already. So they will be left with bilateral ODIs.

Dhoni has Demi God status due to two world cup wins. Rohit and Kohli don't have such transcendental appeal. So they cannot act like him. 

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Correct. And they need to prevent any new player from putting up outstanding performances. The scam of getting out for cheap scores with the excuse of difficult batting conditions is going on quite well for them, so why let go of it? 

they will never let go. and neither will selectors, because some of the money made by these bigwigs will indirectly flow back to them (not as crude bribes, perhaps, but there will be some spinoff effects)

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they will never let go. and neither will selectors, because some of the money made by these bigwigs will indirectly flow back to them (not as crude bribes, perhaps, but there will be some spinoff effects)

I strongly suspect that so called batting coach Rathore is funneling some money up the food chain. And I wouldn't be shocked if certain players were doing the same. 

33 minutes ago, nevada said:

Dhoni has Demi God status due to two world cup wins. Rohit and Kohli don't have such transcendental appeal. So they cannot act like him. 

Yep. Not to mention the multiple CSK wins. He has made CSK fans out of Mumbaikars, Biharis and Californian-desi expats. Unique character in Indian cricket.