The Hundred Competition ( Mens) Aug 2023 in england

Tarak9

9 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

What exactly would that do for English cricket that the Hundred is not ? 

I don't really understand your argument here. According to some here, it's getting scrapped? Why is it getting scrapped? Even lower tier t20 league continues to exist (bpl/lpl/gt20/etc). This must mean those leagues are in demand and 100 being scrapped means it's not doing what it was supposed to do for ECB. So you tell us what is 100 doing for ECB? 

I can only talk from my own view: I don't watch 100, because it doesn't make sense to me neither does it sound revolutionary. It's t20 with a twist. I even watched some gt20 and lpl matches recently. So if a fan like myself is starting to be alienated, I can see the issue here.

Edited by Zero_Unit
1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

I don't really understand your argument here. According to some here, it's getting scrapped? Why is it getting scrapped? Even lower tier t20 league continues to exist (bpl/lpl/gt20/etc). This must mean those leagues are in demand and 100 being scrapped means it's not doing what it was supposed to do for ECB. So you tell us what is 100 doing for ECB? 

I can only talk from my own view: I don't watch 100, because it doesn't make sense to me neither does it sound revolutionary. It's t20 with a twist. I even watched some gt20 and lpl matches recently. So if a fan like myself is starting to be alienated, I can see the issue here.

Read my previous comment all about the hundred , you neither watch it or understand it's purpose . If you do go back and read my comment you will see that one person starting a rumour doesn't make it correct . 

1 hour ago, rollingstoned said:

What according to you is unique about the Hundred? It's a genuine question because I only just began watching it. 

It's unique in that it's a tournament jointly for men and women attracting a new audience who don't watch county , blast , test matches 

2 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

I don't see why that should be the case since the game is the same but I'll take your word for it. 

It's very simple ...the hundred was designed and marketed for families for the future growth of men's and women's English cricket NOT for drunk men that puts a mother and father off of taking their boys and girls to see cricket games . 

55 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

It's very simple ...the hundred was designed and marketed for families for the future growth of men's and women's English cricket NOT for drunk men that puts a mother and father off of taking their boys and girls to see cricket games . 

if drunkenness is the metric, so ECB allows alcohol sales in T20 blast but prohibits it completely at Hundred games?.

Alcohol isnt allowed to be sold at football matches- so why does cricket need to? 

10 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

if drunkenness is the metric, so ECB allows alcohol sales in T20 blast but prohibits it completely at Hundred games?.

Alcohol isnt allowed to be sold at football matches- so why does cricket need to? 

cricket is so much more boring than footer that you need to consume vast amounts of it to just watch the games?

9 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

I get that but can this not also be done with the Vitality blast to make It a family outing? 

It seems more like a way to innovate the game me thinks.