IMPORTANT : Why India's chances of winning the World Cup now are hinged on ending the group stage by topping the table.

7 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thats bull.

Dharamshala was like playing on their home turf.  ON typical Indian wickets....we will beat them alot more convincingly.

On Paper and in non ICC matches easily, but somehow in ICC events they always find a way. I still remember the 2016 T20 match in India we had bowled them out cheaply on a turning wicket they still found a way to win, but I hope todays win will be a turn around against them, this team is more than capable of doing that.

Edited by Teengunalagaan
1 minute ago, Teengunalagaan said:

On Paper and in non ICC matches easily, but somehow in ICC events they always find a way. I still remember the 2016 T20 match in India we had bowled them out cheaply on a turning wicket they still found a way to win, but I hope todays win will be a turn around against them, this team is more than capable of doing that.

NZ is Pak's whipping boy in ICC tournament's 

Pak beats them in ICC tournaments for fun.

We just have a silly mental block.

According to the schedule released on Tuesday, Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium will host the first semi-final while the iconic Eden Gardens of Kolkata will stage the second semi-final. But there is a condition applied. With PCB's request to not play any of their World Cup games in Mumbai citing security concerns, ICC and BCCI have both decided that of Babar Azam-led side make the penultimate round, they will play their semi-final game only in Kolkata. And if India qualify for the semis, they will play in Mumbai unless playing against Pakistan, in which case they will play in Kolkata

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/icc-announces-major-india-vs-pakistan-plot-twist-if-both-qualify-for-odi-world-cup-semifinal-101687860955482.html

Seems like the request to avoid Mumbai was made by PCB and BCCI obliged, but it seems BCCI also preferred that option. 

3 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

To avoid any confusion, let me mention it again..

India will play it's Semi Final at Wankhede, irrespective of its position in the Top 4 however if the opponent is Pakistan then the match will be shifted to Kolkata.

India Pakistan match will not happen at Wankhede, it will be played at Kolkata. 

hopefully, all this rigmarole will not be required if Pak is booted soon

India v SA in Eden Garden...  This is the ideal scenario.   Low bounce not a true wicket like Mumbai...  But a perfect belter as well to nullify their tall bowlers. 

Perfect match up as you can get. @Nikhil_cric @Gollum

I will be highly anxious to face SA or NZ or Aus in Wankhede.  It suits these sides the most. 

Against a Asian team you would back India 10/10 times in Wankhede. 

SA in 2015 destroyed us there... That venue is their most favorable venue in India. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

India SA

India Australia

India NZ

Or India England.

All the above mentioned Semis will take place at Mumbai.

India Pakistan Semi will take place at Kolkata.

Mumbai will be the favourite venue for SA. They destroyed England yesterday at Mumbai and also inflicted a big defeat on India at the same venue in 2015.

17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

India v SA in Eden Garden...  This is the ideal scenario.   Low bounce not a true wicket like Mumbai...  But a perfect belter as well to nullify their tall bowlers. 

I will be highly anxious to face SA or NZ or Aus in Wankhede.  It suits these sides the most. 

SA in 2015 destroyed us there... That venue is their most favorable venue in India. 

But SA in KOs is a different team. I remember them walloping some teams in 2015 (ABDV scored a lot), and then they choked vs NZ

18 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Venue  hinges on what Pak achieves or doesnt because that overrides all scheduling "rules" 

39 minutes ago, rageaddict said:

According to the schedule released on Tuesday, Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium will host the first semi-final while the iconic Eden Gardens of Kolkata will stage the second semi-final. But there is a condition applied. With PCB's request to not play any of their World Cup games in Mumbai citing security concerns, ICC and BCCI have both decided that of Babar Azam-led side make the penultimate round, they will play their semi-final game only in Kolkata. And if India qualify for the semis, they will play in Mumbai unless playing against Pakistan, in which case they will play in Kolkata

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cricket/icc-announces-major-india-vs-pakistan-plot-twist-if-both-qualify-for-odi-world-cup-semifinal-101687860955482.html

Seems like the request to avoid Mumbai was made by PCB and BCCI obliged, but it seems BCCI also preferred that option. 

Are they still scared of Shri Balasaheb Thackeray :phehe:

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not worried about SA. As long as we have a good "tactical" pitch like we did for OZ we're good.