IMPORTANT : Why India's chances of winning the World Cup now are hinged on ending the group stage by topping the table.

India cannot lose the final at Narendra Modi stadium...I assure you everything will conspire to make India win the finals :winky:

The biggest stumbling block is going to the semi-finals.

It seems to be clear 1-2-3 in the group stage is going to be between India,  NZ and RSA.

3 critical reasons why :

1) If we end up as No.1 ...we avoid RSA ( 2/3 )  and NZ ( 2/3 )  in Mumbai - as we play No.4. We will hammer either of these teams in Ahmedabad.

2) Also it will give us 1 extra rest day to get rid of any niggles between the semi and final...The second semi final just has 2 days before the final.

3) If we win the WC - BJP is going to extract political mileage out of it ...so rogue opposition parties like TMC...I don't trust them ...I don't want us to play semis in Eden Gardens.

Mumbai us much luckier for us.

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

India cannot lose the final at Narendra Modi stadium...I assure you everything will conspire to make India win the finals :winky:

It seems to be clear 1-2-3 in the group stage is going to be between India,  NZ and RSA.

3 critical reasons why :

1) If we end up as No.1 ...we avoid RSA ( 2/3 )  and NZ ( 2/3 )  in Mumbai - as we play No.4. We will hammer either of these teams in Ahmedabad.

2) Also it will give us 1 extra rest day to get rid of any niggles between the semi and final...The second semi final just has 2 days before the final.

3) If we win the WC - BJP is going to extract political mileage out of it ...so rogue opposition parties like TMC...I don't trust them ...I don't want us to play semis in Eden Gardens.

If India reach Semis, they play at Mumbai. Only in case if it is India Pak, semis will be at Eden. 

6 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

3 critical reasons why :

So Pak should not reach semis then, if your point 3 is serious 

3 minutes ago, BanningHindu said:

If India reach Semis, they play at Mumbai. Only in case if it is India Pak, semis will be at Eden. 

If we end up as no.2 or.3 in the table ...don't we still play at eden regardless of Pak ?

Only if we top the table ..we play at Mumbai....what am i missing ? 

( 1 vs 4 ) -> Mumbai

( 2 vs 3 ) -> Kolkata

If pak is 4 and India is 1 - then it is Kolkata ( this is the exception )

Edited by rangeelaraja
Just now, Serpico said:

Well Pak ain't getting visas for Mumbai. Not much icc can do here

What do you mean visas for Mumbai.. once India Gov has given them visa to India they can go to Mumbai- now if they care about their Shiv Sena support in Mumbai why 1. have games in mumbai if you cant seperate diplomatic issues with hosting a tournament or 2. why give Pakistanis visa in the first place

15 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

If we end up as no.2 or.3 in the table ...don't we still play at eden regardless of Pak ?

( 1 vs 4 ) -> Mumbai

( 2 vs 3 ) -> Kolkata

I think irrespective of position India's SF is at Mumbai, but someone needs to double check and confirm this 

Link added 

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/icc-world-cup-2023-fixtures-india-vs-pakistan-semi-final-clause-mumbai-kolkata-2398595-2023-06-27

Edited by BanningHindu
11 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

( 1 vs 4 ) -> Mumbai

( 2 vs 3 ) -> Kolkata

Read this link. It says India will play SF at Mumbai unless if against Pakistan.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/icc-world-cup-2023-fixtures-india-vs-pakistan-semi-final-clause-mumbai-kolkata-2398595-2023-06-27

14 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

What do you mean visas for Mumbai.. once India Gov has given them visa to India they can go to Mumbai- now if they care about their Shiv Sena support in Mumbai why 1. have games in mumbai if you cant seperate diplomatic issues with hosting a tournament or 2. why give Pakistanis visa in the first place

Not sure about sports but visas to Pakistani and Pakistani origin are city specific 

Just now, Teengunalagaan said:

We can play against anyone but I really hope we do not play NZ again because IMHO I don't think we can beat them twice but who knows..

Thats bull.

Dharamshala was like playing on their home turf.  ON typical Indian wickets....we will beat them alot more convincingly.

Doesn't matter ,just play to win and try out some variations ,don't be Rigid in your methods/Approach.

Time to bat first now for a few games ,Semis spot is already a done deal.

Regarding Nzl finishing top 3 is not a guarantee at all ,only 1 win against England was legit ,rest were against minnows .

They play Aus,saf,pak next ,they need to win at least 1 if not 2 to confirm that semis berth.