This is the worst Pakistani side i have ever seen.

the don

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Talent pool my a** lol Look at the players India left out.  Bishnoi, Bhuvi, Prasidh, Dhawan,  Sundar,  Samson. All these guys will walk into their side.

Not sure about current Dhawan and Bishnoi in ODIs but the rest would easily make it to their first XI.

And then there's Yashaswi and Ruturaj etc. 

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea. They never focused on building bench strength. Kept playing the same XI for stat-padding.  Massive reality check.

Read somewhere that they played fewer ODIs compared to other teams and for that reason they couldn't test their bench strength.

Its not a case of talent or bench strength. Just a case of playing the wrong guys in the wrong format due to not trying diff combinations. No way someone like a prasidh for example is better than Rauf in t20s or Bishnoi better than shadab in that format. 
There are plenty of cricketers, just pick the right ones for the format.

38 minutes ago, the don said:

Its not a case of talent or bench strength. Just a case of playing the wrong guys in the wrong format due to not trying diff combinations. No way someone like a prasidh for example is better than Rauf in t20s or Bishnoi better than shadab in that format. 

Talking about ODIs only. I think Rauf played Test as well. Only before the Asia cup every pak fan on social media was chest thumping world is envious of their pace attack.  

1 hour ago, the don said:

Lol, It is 100 % a case of lack of talent and bench strength. The format going on is ODI World Cup.  There is literally nobody who can make this team better in this format.  Maybe in T20's you do.  But Prasidh Krishna will bowl much better than the crap Rauf is dishing out in ODI's

Edited by Nikhil_cric
5 hours ago, the don said:

Bishnoi as a bowler is exceptional in T20's, is a very good fielder and as a batter can tonk sixes coming at no 9. His utility is different from Shadab.

Compare Shadab with Axar and that will be more apt comparison, coz bowling is weaker suit for both but Axar's batting  ability is superior than Shadab. Only reason he doesn't play often is because he and Jadeja are pretty similar bowlers.

Meanwhile, who from Pakistan you will select for ODI's ? Zaman Khan & Ihsanullah are also T20 bowlers. Ideally you would need a bowler who is capable of bowling Test match lengths in ODI's at consistency (except for last 10).

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Lol, It is 100 % a case of lack of talent and bench strength. The format going on is ODI World Cup.  There is literally nobody who can make this team better in this format.  Maybe in T20's you do.  But Prasidh Krishna will bowl much better than the crap Rauf is dishing out in ODI's

Look at England. They picked the wrong horses based on t20 format. This same bowling was serving pak well in t20 worldcups but you need different skills for ODI’s

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bishnoi as a bowler is exceptional in T20's, is a very good fielder and as a batter can tonk sixes coming at no 9. His utility is different from Shadab.

Compare Shadab with Axar and that will be more apt comparison, coz bowling is weaker suit for both but Axar's batting  ability is superior than Shadab. Only reason he doesn't play often is because he and Jadeja are pretty similar bowlers.

Meanwhile, who from Pakistan you will select for ODI's ? Zaman Khan & Ihsanullah are also T20 bowlers. Ideally you would need a bowler who is capable of bowling Test match lengths in ODI's at consistency (except for last 10).

Ihsanullah came to limelight through list A. He will be fine as he was pretty good in first class cricket too like Naseem.

Shadab was nearly the player of the tournamnet in t20 worldcup the last couple of times. Axar is no where near him in t20s. As i said its a case of picking a t20 attack for odis.

3 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Its all about the format. Odi’s require different conditioning. Why do you think Rauf bowls so well at the death. Its t20 skills.

6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yea. They never focused on building bench strength. Kept playing the same XI for stat-padding.  Massive reality check.

Please don't do this yet ... until they are officially out.

I am haunted by 1992 memories, when they were pretty much out of the tourney and rose like the phoenix (or is it the sphinx that rose? Can't keep the two straight in my head ... why do they both end with an x? But i digress .... ) because of some weather-related crap and won the whole thing.  

58 minutes ago, the don said:

Its all about the format. Odi’s require different conditioning. Why do you think Rauf bowls so well at the death. Its t20 skills.

So where did I deny that he is a good T20 bowler?

My point is you don't have better players in this format. There's nobody you can call to improve the PAK ODI team currently. 

4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

So where did I deny that he is a good T20 bowler?

My point is you don't have better players in this format. There's nobody you can call to improve the PAK ODI team currently. 

Saim, abrar, naseem, tayyab, ihsan.

5 players who are an upgrade over current members in ODI. 

1 hour ago, the don said:

Ihsanullah came to limelight through list A. He will be fine as he was pretty good in first class cricket too like Naseem.

Shadab was nearly the player of the tournamnet in t20 worldcup the last couple of times. Axar is no where near him in t20s. As i said its a case of picking a t20 attack for odis.

Shadab batting avg ~19, SR 137

Axar it's 20.5, SR 147

Shadab bowling avg ~22, SR 19

Axar bowling avg ~26, SR 21

Don't see any big difference between 2...Axar's SR with batting is whopping 10 points ahead...

Also Ihsanullah & Rauf's FC stats are quite comparable i.e. avg of 28 vs 29. List A yes there is a difference of 4....but can it be coz Rauf has played thrice as games as of Ihsanullah.

Edited by singhvivek141