Rising stars of Afghans?

gakgupta

Also

Just now, gakgupta said:

I am a big fan of Afghan team...may be because of Rashid...

Some of the guyz in this team are below avg ... so wondering, are there any good rising batsmen with good talent??

Anyone follows Afghan domestic??

And why Rashid is not captain??

Also .. back int he day..Afghan use to have a tall healthy pace bowlers with good bounce and 140+ pace .. what happened to them

10 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

I am a big fan of Afghan team...may be because of Rashid...

Some of the guyz in this team are below avg ... so wondering, are there any good rising batsmen with good talent??

Anyone follows Afghan domestic??

And why Rashid is not captain??

I mentioned Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran years back before they were known to the world stage. I will say batting is their weaker suit

Outside the Xi vs Pakistan, Najibullah Zadran is a household name in T20, Karim Janat plays leagues around the world as a serviceable all-rounder and there is the powerful hasmatullah Shahidi but he is bit out of shape. There are a few other batsmen I am tracking but will only reveal after full due diligence on my part.

As far as spinners, they have a wealth of talent: Outside Mujeeb, Rashid, Nabi and Noor, they have Qais Ahmed, Zahir Khan, Waqar Samalkehil who would all be 1st choice spinners for Pakistan

Edited by IndiaWC8311
11 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Also

Also .. back int he day..Afghan use to have a tall healthy pace bowlers with good bounce and 140+ pace .. what happened to them

You're referring to Shapoor Zadran, Dalwalt Zadran and hammid Hassan

because of the invent of T20 cricket, they've been replaced by cutter bowlers like Naveen Ul Haq. But Fazalhaq Farooqi has developed nicely ever since being in CSK as net bowler which ahs now allowed him to come to the international stage

Afghans will soon land where Bangers have been at for over a decade now! There's a glass ceiling which you need to break to enter the big league - Eng/Oz/WI (formerly) then India & arguably Pak. I see the 83 WC win as breaking that glass ceiling & in similar vein the 2001 test series win vs Oz. For Oz itself it was the 87 WC, then the 95(96?) series win in WI away. For WI it was 75 WC & then arguably 76 Eng tour - so basically they need a breakthrough series win, not just upsets against major powerhouses! Now of course such test series wins are probably never going to come in our lifetimes but major wins in WT20 or the WC are probably similar level of achievements for modern viewers. They can come only through a combination of one in a gen brilliant individuals & a system that churns out such potential greats over at least a decade or so :om:

9 hours ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

I mentioned Gurbaz and Ibrahim Zadran years back before they were known to the world stage. I will say batting is their weaker suit

Outside the Xi vs Pakistan, Najibullah Zadran is a household name in T20, Karim Janat plays leagues around the world as a serviceable all-rounder and there is the powerful hasmatullah Shahidi but he is bit out of shape. There are a few other batsmen I am tracking but will only reveal after full due diligence on my part.

As far as spinners, they have a wealth of talent: Outside Mujeeb, Rashid, Nabi and Noor, they have Qais Ahmed, Zahir Khan, Waqar Samalkehil who would all be 1st choice spinners for Pakistan

Good to know ..

Now..they can push for atleast 1 odi series in 2 months atleast against teams like  srilanka, bangla, zim, WI ...

Playing regularly in different conditions is essential gradual growth