Indian illegal immigration a shame for the great nation.

Vilander

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

No it isn't. This is now going to be the new way. Few factors.

1) Apart from US, almost all of west is on a secular decline and it is irreversible. Simply because these things go in cycles. Demography and social structure has saturated and radical policy changes required cannot be done. So, it descending civilization and India is ascending. Along with many countries south east asia. The cycle would continue for atleast 25 years.

2) As Oscar Schindler mentioned, "War" is a factors for his business to be successful. India find itself in an interesting position when it comes to the next cold war with China. If India navigates this, there will re-allignment of the next age economy around India. West benefitted from low cost labour and they will change to India and other south east asian countries to maintain the bottom line.

3) Comes to PPP and opportunities. At this point the trade off is reduced to intangibles such as clean air, infrastructure etc etc. As long as the PPP holds for another 15 years, for many Indians abroad the question will boil down to intangibles. 

The Fault lines will widen. Expect India to experience more chaos/conflict and internal bickering in coming days. I am not at all optimistic on India's future.

7 hours ago, Lannister said:

It's not a question of whether you personally accept this as true or not; what holds significance is what the majority of people believe, as demonstrated in the recent assembly elections in Karnataka.

Really? A Karnataka election where the Congress won by a whopping vote share of ~2% more than BJP tells you all this? So no stats then?

Also, this can be extrapolated to the entire country? 

So nothing to back up your stats then? In that case, BJP won with a bigger mandate in 2019 than in 2014 in the central elections; that must mean what you said about 2014 holds no water right? 

Edited by bharathh

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Can you count the number of journalists arrested in India. Go look at the index. India is slipping in free speech.

People at the bottom are working hard and top is benefitting.

Can you count the number of journalists in India? 

Anything related to people - India will have the most. What is it compared to % of population?

As far as your second comment is concerned - where in the world is this not true? 

5 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Can you count the number of journalists in India? 

Anything related to people - India will have the most. What is it compared to % of population?

As far as your second comment is concerned - where in the world is this not true? 

I am talking about freedom index going down.

It is true everywhere, but the extent of the disparity is an issue.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am talking about freedom index going down.

It is true everywhere, but the extent of the disparity is an issue.

Freedom index is based on the perception of a few chosen individuals. Check out what a gora Babones has to say about how it is calculated. You may believe him.

It has as much credibility as a AAP politician

5 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Thanks. It's truly a privilege to engage in such profound life discussions with the most dedicated right-wingers on this platform.

So, how's the magnificent land of Tamil Nadu faring?

You don't engage in any discussion. Let me pop your bubble probably formed from echo chambers. 

Btw still awaiting your "engagement" with answers to the questions I asked about your "discussions" in the other thread about Gaza. 

4 hours ago, kepler37b said:

The Fault lines will widen. Expect India to experience more chaos/conflict and internal bickering in coming days. I am not at all optimistic on India's future.

Its not about optimism or pessimism. Its way of energy. 500 years back it was in China, India and South East Asia. It will return again. That's just natural course of things.

The process will be chaotic but India will have to cross a threshold. Normally rise of a new power is contained by other powers. Until a certain a threshold is breached.

Also, if you are pessimistic now, where would you be in 90s. India is on the ascend. Economically and geo politically. Minor squabbles should not trump over larger trends.

Edited by ravishingravi

13 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

What does that even mean ? Re-establishes in what sense ?

I am not sure which utopian era these guys @Vilander and @Lannister are imagining. I've heard about having rose tinted glasses about the past. This takes the cake! It would be great if they could refer us to the utopia on this Earth and universe timeline they are alluding to. 

22 minutes ago, bharathh said:

I am not sure which utopian era these guys @Vilander and @Lannister are imagining. I've heard about having rose tinted glasses about the past. This takes the cake! It would be great if they could refer us to the utopia on this Earth and universe timeline they are alluding to. 

Its always interesting that there are no specifics attached to any of this nonsense. Specific law changes, data of violence or events and evolution of violent acts, increased terrorism. I mean what exactly are we talking about. My guess is none of them have actually been to or around India for a while. In their little echo chamber they are selectively concocting ideas. 

Edited by ravishingravi

6 hours ago, bharathh said:

Really? A Karnataka election where the Congress won by a whopping vote share of ~2% more than BJP tells you all this? So no stats then?

Also, this can be extrapolated to the entire country? 

So nothing to back up your stats then? In that case, BJP won with a bigger mandate in 2019 than in 2014 in the central elections; that must mean what you said about 2014 holds no water right? 

I can only speak about the ongoing political changes in my state, Karnataka, and the wider South Indian region. We can expect the Left to gain prominence, countering the BJP's Hindu-focused approach and placing a significant emphasis on state unity and regional concerns.

1 hour ago, Lannister said:

I can only speak about the ongoing political changes in my state, Karnataka, and the wider South Indian region. We can expect the Left to gain prominence, countering the BJP's Hindu-focused approach and placing a significant emphasis on state unity and regional concerns.

Really? The left won how many seats more than they normally have in Karnataka?

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Its always interesting that there are no specifics attached to any of this nonsense. Specific law changes, data of violence or events and evolution of violent acts, increased terrorism. I mean what exactly are we talking about. My guess is none of them have actually been to or around India for a while. In their little echo chamber they are selectively concocting ideas. 

Even when data is presented you don't like the math behind it. Ask @bharathh

9 hours ago, bharathh said:

Freedom index is based on the perception of a few chosen individuals. Check out what a gora Babones has to say about how it is calculated. You may believe him.

It has as much credibility as a AAP politician

140 out of 180 countries but they have bias against India. 

16 minutes ago, Khota said:

140 out of 180 countries but they have bias against India. 

They don't. The ppl they get opinions from do. That said - their method of evaluating is too dumb for it to be meaningful at all. Btw data and you? 

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got a super laugh out of reading that. Thanks for that! A Khotaism a day - keeps the doctor away!