Vijay Hazare Trophy 2023/24

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Increasing number of sides will only increase number of currupt administrators

That is upto BCCI to handle currption

Reducing number of sides automatically reduces number of currupt members

BCCI's task doesn't end here ,they have to make sure corruption is curbed

Sides will reduce only...I am only asking additional teams for four states. UP, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Rajasthan...

In comparison, we can scrap Railways, Services, 7 NE teams to 1 and also 3 teams of Gujrat into 2.

So total number of team will reduce by (9-4) = 5.

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Sides will reduce only...I am only asking additional teams for four states. UP, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu & Rajasthan...

In comparison, we can scrap Railways, Services, 7 NE teams to 1 and also 3 teams of Gujrat into 2.

So total number of team will reduce by (9-4) = 5.

They should reduce number of sides from all states barring having 1

There are already 38 sides

Even 33 is quite a large number

All of the bigger states should have rather 1

Removing NE sides creates political angle,so you know....

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

They should reduce number of sides from all states barring having 1

There are already 38 sides

Even 33 is quite a large number

All of the bigger states should have rather 1

Removing NE sides creates political angle,so you know....

There is another angle to it

Teams like Mumbai will absolutely dominate Maharasthra in team selections, Vidarbha won't even find place for one player in the squad.

Just like currently most of the TN players are from Chennai and they are the dominant power there. Players from Madurai, Trichy, Coimbatore etc hardly get representation there.

NE teams merging to one will bring the best out of the 7 teams, as there will be competition for each place. They are sparsely populated so population density per state will still be lower.

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Have one side representing NE

It will have best players from there

it doesn't work, there are so many constraints. Previously zonal team selection was also kind of messy affair.

and same was when national team was selected by selection committe from zonal selector. Guess that's the reason they do not call a national selector representing a zone.

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Practical solution is to have longer Zonal Level Tournaments and shorter State Level Tournaments.

This is most important for 4 day and 50 over formats.  We have the IPL for T20s.

And where are the A team series  ?

there used to be challenger trophy, that was a good concept all top players use to play.

Sreesanth and Praveen kumar came from that. 

Some notable omissions (so far)

1. No Washington Sundar in TN Squad

2. No Yashasvi Jaiswal in Mumbai

I think they both are going to be part of T20I squad vs Australia. 

Waiting for Punjab, Delhi & UP to announce their teams...that will give us a hint if Sid Kaul, Mayank Yadav & Bhuvaneshwar Kumar will play T20I's or not.

One good thing, Mukesh Kumar & Shahbaz Ahmed are named in Bengal VHT team. So they might not be included in the T20I series. 

Edited by singhvivek141

VHT is starting from 23rd and UP,Maharashtra, Punjab haven't even announced their team. While It was clear that Arshdeep, Rinku & Gaekwad were the lockins, I think Abhishek Sharma must be feeling really unlucky here....he is a better bet than Shivam Dube.

Mumbai played smart by not selecting Jaiswal & Dube in VHT,Gujrat didn't pick Bishnoi & Axar while TN skipped Washy.

As the team for Australia T20 is announced...below teams from VHT will get impacted

Hyderabad : They selected Tilak Varma as their captain. Have to find someone else

Vidarbha : Have to lose Jitesh Sharma

MP : Have to deboard Avesh Khan

Bengal : Will be happy to throw Mukesh Kumar

Edited by singhvivek141
3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Varun Aaron is back to Jharkhand

Harshit Rana is in Delhi VHT..so I hope he is fit now. Really wished if we can see both Harshit & Mayank bowling together..but as per the senior quota Ishant & Saini will get first nod.

Happy to read that Harshit is in the squad.

Pinning a lot of hopes on Mayank Y and Harshit as the 2 next high quality quicks from.India. 

Kedar Jadhav is still playing for MH. Why can't they move away from him as he is already 38. No Mukesh Choudhary. 

Rahane captaining Mumbai :facepalm:. Sad to say but I think Mumbai cricket is on decline now..one after the other mediocre performers. No high potential performers except for Jaiswal.

No Gurnoor Brar in Punjab...:((. Simarjeet also don't find a place in Delhi, Ishant Sharma is still hogging place in domestics.

On 11/13/2023 at 11:31 AM, express bowling said:

Exciting young quick bowlers .... 

Mayank .. Delhi

Harshit .. Delhi

Simarjeet .. Delhi  ( is he fit ? ) 

Tyagi .. UP

Prasidh .. Karnataka

Sen .. TN 

Umran .. J&K

Yudhvir .. J&K

Hangargekar .. Maharashtra 

Gurnoor .. Punjab