Uttar Pradesh Bans Sale Of Halal-Certified Products With Immediate Effect

rangeelaraja

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thats simply untrue.  

Veterinarian's are unanimous in that unstunned cattle takes about 20 seconds ( and upto 2 minutes ) to lose full consciousness, sheep six or seven seconds ( and upto 20 seconds ) ....and poultry ( 7-10 seconds ).....but all these times can be longer.

Making animals witness their own last few seconds in a state of semi-consciousness is cruel and barbaric. 

The reason for that is that there is still communication going on with the brain.

They make it sound like killing a animal with halal procedure is as pleasurable as having sex. 

Stunning is the right way to do the wrong thing.

29 minutes ago, Khota said:

The reason for that is that there is still communication going on with the brain.

They make it sound like killing a animal with halal procedure is as pleasurable as having sex. 

I would not agree with you because I am against taking the life of any living creature that has emotions to fulfill one's hunger. 

Mother Nature has provide ample  of other options. 

But yes relatively and scientifically it is more "humane"

1 hour ago, Khota said:

Jharka is also not stunning. Western stunning is they pass electricity through the brain so the animal becomes unconscious and unable to feel pain. After I hat any slaughter is fine, I guess.,

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Jharka is also not stunning. Western stunning is they pass electricity through the brain so the animal becomes unconscious and unable to feel pain. After I hat any slaughter is fine, I guess.,

Meat industry in india is not organised. Chickens are still slaughtered in local markets. The biggest problem for meat industry in Northern india is That Hindu Sikh don't want slaughter house near their villages this result in slaughter houses are mainly in muslim areas means no modernization and halal.

Once I went to meat shop in Gurgaon with sardar managing it. And then I saw halal certification. I asked him sardar ho ke halal bech rahe. He felt embarassed and said kuchch nahi kar sakte , slaughter house sab muslims ke pass hain

4 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I agree. The way they stun in west is the most humane way.

6 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

I would not agree with you because I am against taking the life of any living creature that has emotions to fulfill one's hunger. 

Mother Nature has provide ample  of other options. 

But yes relatively and scientifically it is more "humane"

You did not read my post completely. I am also against non-veg stuff but I eat it.

Read the last line I wrote.

6 hours ago, Khota said:

Edited by Khota

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Let’s not be judgemental on veg vs non-veg food options. The vegetables and grains  we eat are also dead organic matter. 

I agree that we should not judge but my own opinion is that being a vegetarian is the right thing to do. That is a opinion and nothing else.

I visited the Brighton Pavilion a few years ago which was used as a hospital for Indian soldiers during WW2. The Hindu and Sikh soldiers strictly did not eat halal, today's restaurant owners are sell outs. They don't label their food halal either because they know the vast majority of Hindus and Sikhs will no longer go to their restaurant.