AI discussion thread

Trichromatic

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I am a bit confused. I would've thought that solving math problems would be an easier task for Q* than solving language problems is for ChatGPT. 

In the short-term, I worry most about AI-generated deep-fake videos used to ruin people's reputations. While people may be able to prove eventually that they are fake, the world is not forgiving and will shun the person before the truth comes out. Jobs lost, lives ruined etc.  On a larger scale, it would be easy to literally put words into politicians' mouths to influence public via "forwarded-as-received" SM users. It takes lying to a whole new level.

6 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I am a bit confused. I would've thought that solving math problems would be an easier task for Q* than solving language problems is for ChatGPT. 

In the short-term, I worry most about AI-generated deep-fake videos used to ruin people's reputations. While people may be able to prove eventually that they are fake, the world is not forgiving and will shun the person before the truth comes out. Jobs lost, lives ruined etc.  On a larger scale, it would be easy to literally put words into politicians' mouths to influence public via "forwarded-as-received" SM users. It takes lying to a whole new level.

Deepfake is still being used to memes and parody for now. The My AI buddy in Snapchat or insta that advices teens is also a critical issue that needs some self regulation. 

10 minutes ago, Khota said:

Can someone shed some light on how NVIDIA ICs help with AI?

NVIDIA originally designed their processors for gaming applications requiring repetitive mathematical computations for rendering, graphics which are similar in AI as inference engines.In very simple words,  if you can imagine a large cluster of simple RISC processors doing similar operations on different streams of data, you have the NVIDIA chip

5 hours ago, diga said:

NVIDIA originally designed their processors for gaming applications requiring repetitive mathematical computations for rendering, graphics which are similar in AI as inference engines.In very simple words,  if you can imagine a large cluster of simple RISC processors doing similar operations on different streams of data, you have the NVIDIA chip

Let me think through what you said. 

On 12/9/2023 at 7:11 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Looks like the guardrails are loose,  I am still holding on to hope that the good outweighs the bad. 

I wouldn’t believe anything the motormouth says. Musk  can say things on camera with no filter . The only thing scary of OpenSource in AI is that it is unregulated. I don’t think they have discovered something like Terminator stuff as of yet!

Edited by coffee_rules

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

I wouldn’t believe anything the motormouth says. Musk  can say things on camera with no filter . The only thing scary of OpenSource in AI is that it is unregulated. I don’t think they have discovered something like Terminator stuff as of yet!

On this subject, I pay very close attention to what he says. He is obviously qualified to comment on these matters. But when he motors his mouth into the immunology lane, it reeks of Dunning-Kruger and infuriates me.

8 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

On this subject, I pay very close attention to what he says. He is obviously qualified to comment on these matters. But when he motors his mouth into the immunology lane, it reeks of Dunning-Kruger and infuriates me.

Even if he is a SME , he is unhinged when he talks. He was one of a dozen board members of OpenAI, now claims  he founded it and took credit for naming it. Microsoft also invested a bil in openAI. We should take his statements wit dollups of salt. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Even if he is a SME , he is unhinged when he talks. He was one of a dozen board members of OpenAI, now claims  he founded it and took credit for naming it. Microsoft also invested a bil in openAI. We should take his statements wit dollups of salt. 

Just hearing him speak increases BP. Now add dollops of salt ... devre gathi