RANJI TROPHY |2023/24|

Suhaan

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sudarshan's LBW trap was bowled at 127kph:facepalm:...  I stopped following this game after that.. 

sudharsan doesn't seem to handle pace, swing, bounce well. he may be suited for flat tracks and spin tracks

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

sudharsan doesn't seem to handle pace, swing, bounce well. he may be suited for flat tracks and spin tracks

I think he has starting trouble. Very early on he is vulnerable. Once he gets his eye in he handles all kind of deliveries as he is not overly committed to frontfoot like some of the youngsters do. He is not a finished product yet. But definitely he looks a promising prospect. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think he has starting trouble. Very early on he is vulnerable. Once he gets his eye in he handles all kind of deliveries as he is not overly committed to frontfoot like some of the youngsters do. He is not a finished product yet. But definitely he looks a promising prospect. 

he can't handle shardul. imagine him facing cummins on pace tracks, or NZ/Eng pacers on seamers. fortunately, Eng/NZ tracks are mostly flat, but they will not hesitate to give us green tops

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

he can't handle shardul. imagine him facing cummins on pace tracks, or NZ/Eng pacers on seamers. fortunately, Eng/NZ tracks are mostly flat, but they will not hesitate to give us green tops

Shardul has dismissed Root too. It is not "he can't handle shardul".  Early dismissal can happen to any batsman against any bowler.

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Shardul has dismissed Root too. It is not "he can't handle shardul".  Early dismissal can happen to any batsman against any bowler.

that was a diff shardul. this current version is sub-undercutter level

that was a diff shardul. this current version is sub-undercutter level

We can't go with selection criteria of "Anyone who got out to Thakur should not be selected". There are guys who get out to even weaker bowlers in domestic.

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

We can't go with selection criteria of "Anyone who got out to Thakur should not be selected". There are guys who get out to even weaker bowlers in domestic.

he has got issues beyond shardul. failed in both SA A matches overseas, and also Guj's weak attack IIRC.

as you wrote, he is a very tentative starter. that suggests a patidar-like player to me, who has high control percentage but keeps getting out early

he has got issues beyond shardul. failed in both SA A matches overseas, and also Guj's weak attack IIRC.

as you wrote, he is a very tentative starter. that suggests a patidar-like player to me, who has high control percentage but keeps getting out early

Prajod did well against SA A. So we can't ignore him right?  I have not seen some of the guys. But certain guys look good. I thought about Jaiswal playing tests even in under-19 days. The way he left the ball with assurance.  Sai Sudarshan is definitely someone they will keep an eye on. Right now no spots left. But i would gladly take him over Patidar or even Padikkal.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Prajod did well against SA A. So we can't ignore him right?  I have not seen some of the guys. But certain guys look good. I thought about Jaiswal playing tests even in under-19 days. The way he left the ball with assurance.  Sai Sudarshan is definitely someone they will keep an eye on. Right now no spots left. But i would gladly take him over Patidar or even Padikkal.

He played 1 match did well. Did poorly vs Eng A at home. maybe he is better overseas. He's also been falling more cheaply in ranjis as the matches go on.

Patidar is a very low bar to clear. I would take kuldeep as a pure batter over him right now

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

He did well in the LOI leg in SA,played pretty well there

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

He did well in the LOI leg in SA,played pretty well there

LOIs in SA are very diff from their test pitches. LOIs in SA actually see higher scores than some other countries

8 hours ago, Vijy said:

Not hesitate nahi

They will give green tops. Nz will. They are cowards. Its ok though. We need to learn.