Shoaib Bashir to miss first test for England v India as visa row drags on

22 hours ago, Aiden said:

They(BCCI/India) planned, but Allah also planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

* China razes mosques, calls islam a mental illness-puts it's Muslims in reeducation camps, Syrians/Iraqis get bombed back to stone age by the West, India cuts Islamic Pakistan in half , Israel keeps on bitch slapping the Middle Eastern nations and makes the entire Jihadi qaum squeal like panicky rats for months, Myanmar treats Rohingyas worse than stray dogs, US/UK keep on mauling the Yemenis, Afghans living in 700 AD, Paxtan barely surviving on IMF bheek, Indian Muslims living in the worst economic conditions among all the Indian sub-groups.*

Allah : This is awkward...I'll pretend I didn't see all of that 

*India and England playing a random stick and ball game in white clothing for five days*

Allah : Ahh yes...this is the real **** I should be planning about.

7 hours ago, Norman said:

* China razes mosques, calls islam a mental illness-puts it's Muslims in reeducation camps, Syrians/Iraqis get bombed back to stone age by the West, India cuts Islamic Pakistan in half , Israel keeps on bitch slapping the Middle Eastern nations and makes the entire Jihadi qaum squeal like panicky rats for months, Myanmar treats Rohingyas worse than stray dogs, US/UK keep on mauling the Yemenis, Afghans living in 700 AD, Paxtan barely surviving on IMF bheek, Indian Muslims living in the worst economic conditions among all the Indian sub-groups.*

Allah : This is awkward...I'll pretend I didn't see all of that 

*India and England playing a random stick and ball game in white clothing for five days*

Allah : Ahh yes...this is the real **** I should be planning about.

cricket trumps all the other "minor" stuff you wrote

On 1/30/2024 at 11:45 PM, Aiden said:

They(BCCI/India) planned, but Allah also planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Ok.  India lost the 1st test.  Because Allah was a better planner than BCCI/India.  Finally BCCI/India thrashed the hell out of the poms 4-1.   So,  it's now a proven fact that BCCI/India is the best of planners.    Hopefully, the matter is settled now.   No further confusion on this one.   :phehe:

41 minutes ago, Vijy said:

and yet, somehow cringy Eng press made him into second coming of laker & murali

Only 2 guys overrate him here. He is a mediocre trash. He will get found out soon. Already has

7 minutes ago, Kron said:

Only 2 guys overrate him here. He is a mediocre trash. He will get found out soon. Already has

I meant Eng press: look at Guardian, times, etc. all of them think they have discovered a bowler with the turn of murali, control of nadkarni, speed of kumble, and flight of laker.

25 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I meant Eng press: look at Guardian, times, etc. all of them think they have discovered a bowler with the turn of murali, control of nadkarni, speed of kumble, and flight of laker.

We always make a debutanr look good then we figure him out and obliterate them

Only truly class players will stand apart. 

How much did Murali avg in India and how did Warne avg in India.This guy is touring India for the first time , he might not have done anything great but he had a reasonable debut series. How he improves remains to be seen.

9 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How much did Murali avg in India and how did Warne avg in India.This guy is touring India for the first time , he might not have done anything great but he had a reasonable debut series. How he improves remains to be seen.

jason kreyza bowled better than bashir, better than warne and murali too, when he toured. so did Ajaz Patel. Ind batters tend to love no-name spinners and making them look greater. Shaun Udal, Arshad Khan, etc the list goes on

20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

jason kreyza bowled better than bashir, better than warne and murali too, when he toured. so did Ajaz Patel. Ind batters tend to love no-name spinners and making them look greater. Shaun Udal, Arshad Khan, etc the list goes on

What is your point.

17 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What is your point.

Point is he is mediocre and garbage. Got lot of unwanted hype due to our batters gifting him wickets, but in totality he is a trash and will go into oblivion like the names above.

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Point is he is mediocre and garbage. Got lot of unwanted hype due to our batters gifting him wickets, but in totality he is a trash and will go into oblivion like the names above.

He still is one of their best spinners.That is the most important point.from English point of view he did well in his debut series.

Ali was not the greatest spinner but it worked for him and England.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

What is your point.

See below

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

I don't think he is bad as such, but clearly benefited from an unsettled lineup + timidity at first + novelty factor.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

He still is one of their best spinners.That is the most important point.from English point of view he did well in his debut series.

Ali was not the greatest spinner but it worked for him and England.

Didn't work for him at all in India.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Didn't work for him at all in India.

Yes, he was still the best they had, so they kept playing him.

Not every player selected for team will become great in all conditions.

Sehwag avg in SA and England were below 30 and in NZ was below 20.

Has Ashwin worked out in all conditions.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Yes, he was still the best they had, so they kept playing him.

Not every player selected for team will become great in all conditions.

Sehwag avg in SA and England were below 30 and in NZ was below 20.

Has Ashwin worked out in all conditions.

all conditions but Eng and SA compared to Dum Ali