UCC bill passed n UK

coffee_rules

Uttarakhand, bhai!

The UCC bill aims to establish a common legal framework for marriage, divorce, land, property, and inheritance for all citizens in Uttarakhand, excluding the Scheduled Tribes.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/newsblogs/uttarakhand-ucc-bill-live-updates-uniform-civil-code-live-in-relationship-registration-marriage-divorce-land-inheritance-law-latest-news/liveblog/107475454.cms#:~:text=In cases of abandonment%2C the,Uttarakhand%2C excluding the Scheduled Tribes.

Meanwhile, in Haridwar

Edited by coffee_rules

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Hindus must be the only chewts to allow non hindu places of worship in our holy cities

That ship has sailed long ago since the advent of Islam in the country. And in 1947 , Congress didn’t create a country for Hindus like Pakistan did for Muslims. It is time to move on.  The demographic changes in UK has been long going when government got in migrant workers to do all the construction infrastructure work. If Hindus don’t want to do hard work, this is bound to happen. Mosques is not an issue, but the Muslim veto power for UCC is the issue. . 

When UCC gets all women equal rights for property, alimony etc, liberal women wants to make fun of UCC. Agreed the live-in relationship permit is a bit far-fetched, we should think of it as the laws around domestic partnership in the west. It protects women rights mainly and is bad for men. 

Edited by coffee_rules

The Muslims who bring up "Muh Constitution" "Muh Secularism" anytime it suits them will ditch the same Constitution when things like UCC are passed.

Being Two faced is a hall mark of this community be it in India or Palestine or Europe.

They chimped out in Haldwani yesterday and rioted and burnt a Police station, today they'll start playing the victim card once they face the consequences.

On 2/8/2024 at 8:44 AM, coffee_rules said:

Uttarakhand, bhai!

The UCC bill aims to establish a common legal framework for marriage, divorce, land, property, and inheritance for all citizens in Uttarakhand, excluding the Scheduled Tribes.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/newsblogs/uttarakhand-ucc-bill-live-updates-uniform-civil-code-live-in-relationship-registration-marriage-divorce-land-inheritance-law-latest-news/liveblog/107475454.cms#:~:text=In cases of abandonment%2C the,Uttarakhand%2C excluding the Scheduled Tribes.

Meanwhile, in Haridwar

Seems like  UCC will be as hard to implement countrywide as NRC.   UK is a nice guinea pig experiment on what we will be dealing with on a bigger scale. 

That live in clause is bit pathetic though...  They need to lure young people into the movement.  Boomer politics won't cut it. 

Center left & Feminist would be nice addition if PR is done expertly 

Edited by Lone Wolf

17 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

When UCC gets all women equal rights for property, alimony etc, liberal women wants to make fun of UCC. Agreed the live-in relationship permit is a bit far-fetched, we should think of it as the laws around domestic partnership in the west. It protects women rights mainly and is bad for men. 

I think UCC jumped a step in reform bill.

In my opinion, They should have brought a "Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Bill", And then next step, they should have cancelled all "Personal Laws" and covered Insufficiencies in UCC

@Mariyam ji. What is your opinion? I have even comeup with nice name for that middle step:bow:. Allthough I am satified with "Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Bill" step and next step can be done later without any urgency

Edited by mishra

7 hours ago, AshVin said:

The Muslims who bring up "Muh Constitution" "Muh Secularism" anytime it suits them will ditch the same Constitution when things like UCC are passed.

Being Two faced is a hall mark of this community be it in India or Palestine or Europe.

They chimped out in Haldwani yesterday and rioted and burnt a Police station, today they'll start playing the victim card once they face the consequences.

Haldwani riots is not related to UCC, but to demolishing of an illegal madrassa-mosque. It is definitely politically motivated for election time activity.  Nothing my to do with people resisting the action.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Seems like  UCC will be as hard to implement countrywide as NRC.   UK is a nice guinea pig experiment on what we will be dealing with on a bigger scale. 

That live in clause is bit pathetic though...  They need to lure young people into the movement.  Boomer politics won't cut it. 

Center left & Feminist would be nice addition if PR is done expertly 

Agree it is difficult to do it countrywide in one shot. This was tried as a UCC lab in one state UK where Muslim population is not as high as WB or even UP. If it gets legally challenged in courts, it might go to SC and a directive from SC to the central  government to pass it in a law instead of state directive principle as it is now.

As usual with BJP, the communication regarding live-in relationship is flawed. There are a lot of cases in India where the women accuses rape after live-in relationship when the thing doesn’t end up in marriage. This will give more rights to women and scare the guy not to shack up :giggle: 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I think UCC jumped a step in reform bill.

In my opinion, They should have brought a "Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Bill", And then next step, they should have cancelled all "Personal Laws" and covered Insufficiencies in UCC

@Mariyam ji. What is your opinion? I have even comeup with nice name for that middle step:bow:. Allthough I am satified with "Women Empowerment and Gender Equality Bill" step and next step can be done later without any urgency

This UCC bill is in only UK not countrywide. Probably testing waters. Call it Women empowerment bill for property rights and eventually end up as abolishing personal laws related to family and not changing the principles of right to practice religion. Congress ka kachara saaf karne ke liye , yeh sab karna pad raha hain!