Yashasvi Jaiswal - Terminator

31 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

But Sachin was far more consistent than Lara.

Lara does have daddy hundreds, but he also used to get out cheaply for a lot of times. Sachin was superconsistent in that manner.

Sachin didn't average less than 40 in any of the Test playing nation, Lara averaged under 40 in 2 of the nations.

Lara was destructive on his day, but Sachin was a performer who will come at you at any day, any condition, any situation. He managed to race ahead of his counterparts simply because he was more adaptable and had more range than any of his competitors. 

Even in the ODI's, Sachin had a far superior SR than Lara or Ponting who were considered more aggressive.

This in no way undermines what Lara has achieved, but calling Sachin a "compiler of stats" isn't correct. If anything, that should go to Sangakkara, Chanderpaul or Kallis.

Add Drawid to the last para

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

But Sachin was far more consistent than Lara.

Lara does have daddy hundreds, but he also used to get out cheaply for a lot of times. Sachin was superconsistent in that manner.

Sachin didn't average less than 40 in any of the Test playing nation, Lara averaged under 40 in 2 of the nations.

Lara was destructive on his day, but Sachin was a performer who will come at you at any day, any condition, any situation. He managed to race ahead of his counterparts simply because he was more adaptable and had more range than any of his competitors. 

Even in the ODI's, Sachin had a far superior SR than Lara or Ponting who were considered more aggressive.

This in no way undermines what Lara has achieved, but calling Sachin a "compiler of stats" isn't correct. If anything, that should go to Sangakkara, Chanderpaul or Kallis.

Lara in an interview during mid 90s said the same. He wanted to be more consistent like Sachin.  14% of his runs came at Antigua ground.

On topic, yes Jaiswal has that hunger to make runs and succeed in the bigger level. To a large extent even Kohli had that fire when he started earlier, but somewhere between 2015-2017, he changed. 

Ofcourse, as a player Kohli is still making runs due to his ability, but somehow that "passion" (not sure if that's the right word) has gone from his game.

Gill is another one whom I sometimes feel isn't as passionate as we think. I would like to add here is "passion" doesn't mean showing verbal emotions (Sachin wasn't verbal but he had that passion right till 2011 WC).

Great start by Jaiswal so far. He needs to continue to work on his game and needs to make sure that he does not go down the path of Mayank Aggarwal. Mayank also had a great start and scored daddy hundreds in India but outside India he was not able to replicate that.

5 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

On topic, yes Jaiswal has that hunger to make runs and succeed in the bigger level. To a large extent even Kohli had that fire when he started earlier, but somewhere between 2015-2017, he changed. 

Ofcourse, as a player Kohli is still making runs due to his ability, but somehow that "passion" (not sure if that's the right word) has gone from his game.

Gill is another one whom I sometimes feel isn't as passionate as we think. I would like to add here is "passion" doesn't mean showing verbal emotions (Sachin wasn't verbal but he had that passion right till 2011 WC).

Gill wants the flashy life. he will be a compiler of attractive 30s and 50s, with the odd 100 now and then.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Gill wants the flashy life. he will be a compiler of attractive 30s and 50s, with the odd 100 now and then.

One advice I would give to Gill is not copy Kohli...I think someone like Williamson is more suitable to the overall playing style of Gill.

I like Gill and he seems to me as a calm and composed guy, but he can't get the fame go in his head so early in his career, he has achieved nothing at this point.

59 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

One advice I would give to Gill is not copy Kohli...I think someone like Williamson is more suitable to the overall playing style of Gill.

I like Gill and he seems to me as a calm and composed guy, but he can't get the fame go in his head so early in his career, he has achieved nothing at this point.

he has mirrored ramprakash so far.