Russia: Attack on shopping mall

gattaca

Russia recently got attacked similar to India in 2008. The caught all the perpetrators and are broadcasting torture. Gruesome details. Recently was listening to a podcast a Russian ambassador was kidnapped in Middle East and the kidnappers demanded release of few people. Russians sent the main kidnapper chopped hand of his own dad. The kidnappers got scared and dropped off the ambassador.  One way to make sure these attacks don’t happen. These guys don’t joke around.

Edited by gattaca

9 hours ago, gattaca said:

Russia recently got attacked similar to India in 2008. The caught all the perpetrators and are broadcasting torture. Gruesome details. Recently was listening to a podcast a Russian ambassador was kidnapped in Middle East and the kidnappers demanded release of few people. Russians sent the main kidnapper chopped hand of his own dad. The kidnappers got scared and dropped off the ambassador.  One way to make sure these attacks don’t happen. These guys don’t joke around.

Torture is a very controversial topic imo. Should you torture a terrorist to instill fear in other terrorists or to show to your public? I am actually sitting on fence on this one.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Torture is a very controversial topic imo. Should you torture a terrorist to instill fear in other terrorists or to show to your public? I am actually sitting on fence on this one.

Again we have example of Russian ambassador kidnapping. These terrorists feel they can get away after the attack. They should know the consequences. These guys openly broadcasted the attack. US has gauntanmamo bay for torture. I am sure India also has. Every democratic country has it. People are shielded from these. How do you dissuade people from joining terrorism ? These guys go online and get influenced and join these organizations. They should know the whole picture what happens after they kill innocents. Education alone cannot do that. Recently a IIT graduate from Gauhati wanted to join these organization. Why should a terrorist who killed innocents shouldn’t be tortured  ? They created orpahns, wives lost husbands, husbands lost wives, people lost parents. 

Edited by gattaca

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

Again we have example of Russian ambassador kidnapping. These terrorists feel they can get away after the attack. They should know the consequences. These guys openly broadcasted the attack. US has gauntanmamo bay for torture. I am sure India also has. Every democratic country has it. People are shielded from these. How do you dissuade people from joining terrorism ? These guys go online and get influenced and join these organizations. They should know the whole picture what happens after they kill innocents. Education alone cannot do that. Recently a IIT graduate from Gauhati wanted to join these organization. Why should a terrorist who killed innocents shouldn’t be tortured  ? They created orpahns, wives lost husbands, husbands lost wives, people lost parents. 

Good points... torture is justified imo for information extraction. Torture to instill fear or for your public consumption is a grey area for me personally, I sit on fence - can't decide whether to be for or be against.  Justice can be done through terrorists' encounter or by quick death sentences for the captured ones.

Tajiks from ISIS-K under trial now. 

ISIS K has now threatened India, with images of Ayodhya Ram Mandir as target. Major problem if even Taliban finds these guys crazy. 

Now an IIT Guwahati student (4th year B.Tech) pledges allegiance to ISIS, got radicalized online. Students of similar background butchered 25 people in Holy Artisan Bakery, Dhaka few years back. How does one stop this madness?

Islamism and radicalisation is nowhere near it's peak as it was around 2006-2008.

If a radicalised IITian wants to join ISIS, India should covertly allow these guys to go there and martyr themselves. Good riddance

9 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Islamism and radicalisation is nowhere near it's peak as it was around 2006-2008.

If a radicalised IITian wants to join ISIS, India should covertly allow these guys to go there and martyr themselves. Good riddance

And what if they do lone wolf attacks in India? Like recent Rameswaram cafe blast, ISIS Sivamogga module involved. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Tajiks from ISIS-K under trial now. 

ISIS K has now threatened India, with images of Ayodhya Ram Mandir as target. Major problem if even Taliban finds these guys crazy. 

ISIS is not what it appears to be. Its supposed to be an islamic terror group but appears to be an agent for the west. It went after all the muslim states which were not cooperating with the West like Syria and Iraqi nationalists. It tried to mess with Iran but was not successful.

If Taliban finds these guys crazy, its because they are. At the top of ISIS there maybe western agents to direct where they should fight. At the bottom, you have lemmings who are willing to give their lives to Islam.

If ISIS is taking aim at India, I could only guess India is a threat to the West. Don't go by your everyday western people they are as clueless as we are. I'm talking their governments and the powers in charge of them. As far as India and China are concerned, the only "threat" to the "west" is the population size. More people means more demands. west is trying to control the world. they can't manage so many people and keep their world domination plan straight. Remember Churchill's words - "These Indians breed like rabbits" or something to that effect.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:56 PM, randomGuy said:

Good points... torture is justified imo for information extraction. Torture to instill fear or for your public consumption is a grey area for me personally, I sit on fence - can't decide whether to be for or be against.  Justice can be done through terrorists' encounter or by quick death sentences for the captured ones.

Yeah I share the same opinion but governments in the recent history and perhaps prior too have tortured bad and innocent people alike. Many innocent people have fallen foul of say Communist states and have lost lives in the most gruesome way. There crime is going against the state. States are only as good as the people who run them. That's why democracy has multiple checks and balances as a defensive tactic against tyranny. Even then some loopholes can be exploited like "terrorism", "national emergency", "epidemics" to torture people in different ways.