Indian batsmen against spin in T20 internationals

12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Stop going in circles.

No matter how much you want to twist, he will be still the best in June.

Only question remains is does he get any help from others. 

lol Yea best agaiinst anyone who doesn't bowl left arm spin. Hi sown team mate KL Rahul opposition captain opens with two left arm spinners against Kohli. It is that obvious now.  You keep saying best best. But you don't have any proof that he is best against all type of bowlers. He has boat load of weaknesses teams can exploit. Kohli's only answer is going to be "not losing his wicket". That's it. That is pretty much useless.

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

lol Yea best agaiinst anyone who doesn't bowl left arm spin. Hi sown team mate KL Rahul opposition captain opens with two left arm spinners against Kohli. It is that obvious now.  You keep saying best best. But you don't have any proof that he is best against all type of bowlers. He has boat load of weaknesses teams can exploit. Kohli's only answer is going to be "not losing his wicket". That's it. That is pretty much useless.

He does not have to do well against all bowlers to be best, everyone has weaknesses 

Last time I checked in  last t20 World Cup  and 50 over World Cup he did just fine and still was best Indian batsman in both tournaments.

Viv Richards was still the best batsman in 1980s  and WI. did not win any World Cup in 1908s . So did Viv become bad and was he without any weakness. 

As said many times before if India send a new team with all young players, I am fine with it.

You going in circles doesn’t diminish his greatness.Stop acting as if he is India’s biggest worry.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

He does not have to do well against all bowlers to be best, everyone has weaknesses 

Last time I checked in  last t20 World Cup  and 50 over World Cup he did just fine and still was best Indian batsman in both tournaments.

Viv Richards was still the best batsman in 1980s  and WI. did not win any World Cup in 1908s . So did Viv become bad and was he without any weakness. 

As said many times before if India send a new team with all young players, I am fine with it.

You going in circles doesn’t diminish his greatness.Stop acting as if he is India’s biggest worry.

We are talking about world T20.  Apart from Pakistan match where we had to chase a modest total of 159 he was not that good.  come the semi final. An absolute road. Entire top order failed. It doesn't matter who failed worse. ALl of them failed in the end.  We failed twice in a row 2021 and 2022. Sending the same team is a worry. I am not going to rank our worries. They are all our worriess.  Rohit/Kohli/jadeja/Axar/KL Rahul. Don't want any of them. I don't mind losing with a young side. If we talk about world cup Rohit also did well. I don't want him either.  India has to move on with transition atleast in one format. Sending the same team and coming back humiliated will be ridiculous.India has won Asia cups without Kohli. won test series without Kohli. Given how much importance Kohli gave to 100s in the world cup, he will do the same in world T20. In T20 it is a crime to play for mile stone. He just proved in the previious match against RR. Dinking full tosses for singles to get to 100 in the 19th over. Even Faf said "We could have gone a little harder in the backend" . He can play IPL for next 20 years. Nobody cares.

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

We are talking about world T20.  Apart from Pakistan match where we had to chase a modest total of 159 he was not that good.  come the semi final. An absolute road. Entire top order failed. It doesn't matter who failed worse. ALl of them failed in the end.  We failed twice in a row 2021 and 2022. Sending the same team is a worry. I am not going to rank our worries. They are all our worriess.  Rohit/Kohli/jadeja/Axar/KL Rahul. Don't want any of them. I don't mind losing with a young side. If we talk about world cup Rohit also did well. I don't want him either.  India has to move on with transition atleast in one format. Sending the same team and coming back humiliated will be ridiculous.India has won Asia cups without Kohli. won test series without Kohli. Given how much importance Kohli gave to 100s in the world cup, he will do the same in world T20. In T20 it is a crime to play for mile stone. He just proved in the previious match against RR. Dinking full tosses for singles to get to 100 in the 19th over. Even Faf said "We could have gone a little harder in the backend" . He can play IPL for next 20 years. Nobody cares.

Stop going in circles.You can spin it anyway but it does not change the fact , he is still the most important and best option

We will revisit when someone else does something better than him in any world t20.

Edited by putrevus
24 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Stop going in circles.You can spin it anyway but it does not change the fact , he is still the most important and best option

We will revisit when someone else does something better than him in any world t20.

I am not going in circles. You are. You keep claiming he is the most "important". I showed he is not even in Tests let alone T20s. Other teams don't have Kohli. They are winning. Just that they don't structure their batting line up around a statpadder.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am not going in circles. You are. You keep claiming he is the most "important". I showed he is not even in Tests let alone T20s. Other teams don't have Kohli. They are winning. Just that they don't structure their batting line up around a statpadder.

Yes you are, you can spin it anyway you want and it won't change anything.He was the most important Indian batsman in both world cups last time checked.

When someone else from Indian team does something  we can revisit the topic.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes you are, you can spin it anyway you want and it won't change anything.He was the most important Indian batsman in both world cups last time checked.

When someone else from Indian team does something  we can revisit the topic.

No He was not. In semi final even Pandya  totally out batted him.

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

No He was not. In semi final even Pandya  totally out batted him.

Yes overall he was, one match does not change anything.That too it was at time  he was struggling for three years.

Then he followed it up with the best ever batting in 50 over world cup tournament.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Yes overall he was, one match does not change anything.

Kohli clicked against Pakistan. Againsst Netherlands he was like 30 runs in 30 balls before SKY xploding and Kohli made up with few 4s here and there. Similarly against Bangaldesh 30 in 30 or something before adding a few runs.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Kohli clicked against Pakistan. Againsst Netherlands he was like 30 runs in 30 balls before SKY xploding and Kohli made up with few 4s here and there. Similarly against Bangaldesh 30 in 30 or something before adding a few runs.

So what , why does he have to click every match. Today he failed so is it end of the world.

Edited by putrevus
9 hours ago, putrevus said:

A blind cult fan repeating the same thing doesnt make it true. His presence destroys the entire team balance and makes others not realize their potential. His stat padding makes people like you thump their chest but doesnt help the team win the cup

You can keep going aorund in circles but as long as he is in the team we will never ever win the cup. How can anyone be better when his stat padding destroys every team he is in? No one could do better in 16 years of RCB where he has stat padded to his heart's content. so why would they in team india?

Won us the first match vs Aus

won us the Nz match

won us the semis

What else do you need lol, yes str rate was lower than other top scorers but that was his job and his strike rate never became an issue for us coz we won everything.

Even in the finals, he striked at 90 when ipl sooperstar 720  degree couldn't get bat on ball.