Akmal does a Latif - Continues the trend of cheating

My initial reaction was that he had cheated by trying to claim a grassed catch. But after looking at the replays I have some doubts. His eyes weren't on the ball when it hit the ground ... by the time he looked at it, it had popped back onto his gloves. It surely wasn't as convincing as the Rashid La Thief incident.

Guys I've noticed there is no balance on this forum. I hate paki cricket as much as the next guy and Akmal is clearly a cheat for claiming that catch but have we forgotten Dhoni's catch off Pietersen so quickly? Why are we making a big fuss about this? People reading this forum will be laughing at us for such hypocrisy. Come on guys we need to be more sensible about the things we pick on to ridicule

Akmal's career nearing an end ?

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/kitplycup/content/current/story/354447.html Meanwhile, Akmal's place in the side looks to in danger after Ashraf called for his ouster. "[The] wicketkeeping was pathetic, especially after Kamran Akmal dropped the catch and pretended that he had held on to it. This is unsporting behaviour but perhaps one has to give him the benefit of the doubt as he may not have realised that the ball had slipped out from his hand, which was picked up by the cameras. "I do not want such behaviour from any Pakistani player. Please warn everyone. We ought to be looking at playing another 'keeper."
That is some pretty serious dissent.

Wow. Quite a decline for Akmal. Along with most others, I thought he had such a bright future ahead of him back in 2006. He was a decent keeper and an excellent #7 who had played some amazing knocks against India and England. It all fell apart for him(and the Pak team) on that fateful tour to England. His keeping was bordering on the ridiculous on that tour.He just hasn't been the same since. Maybe a little time out of the team can help him hone his skills and come back stronger.