Beau Casson - Your first reaction/thought/impression???

Cameron White and Dan Cullen aren't that good, so they will just have to stick with him and pray that he develops into a useful bowler. I'd say spin bowling in general is on the decline. Only Sri Lanka (since they found Mendis) and to a lesser extent, India, will continue to use spin bowling in the future.

lol looks like the aussies need Shane Warne more against us than the Poms..haha but Warney is too clever he knows that he cant do anything against us thats y he said he wud not mind coming back against the poms whom he can bowl at sleep and pick wickets at ease..Aussies are gonna get OWNED big time in Oct..god save Punter he is gonna run out of complaints :hysterical:

Beau Cason is just another fill up bowler..But even their three men pace bowlers are good enough to destroy our batting line up...so i don't think they'll miss a quality spinner.
yes spinner is only an extra for them. They will fully rely on pace bowlers. If India can produce pitches that turn and help spinners a lot, lot more (first day turner :thumbs_up:) than pacers, then :two_thumbs_up: in Oct 08 Just play Kumble, Bhajji and one more spinner (Chawla, Amit Mishra...) 1 pacer + 3 spinners and finish the Ozzies

He started off bowling quite short yesterday and wasn't really getting the ball to rip but there was one over that he bowled to Chanderpaul(before the 18 run lashing) where he got good turn and bounce. If he bowls more overs like that, he will do some damage. I think he'll take a few in the 4th innings.

Shane Warne's first game figures were 45-7-150- 1 Muralitharan's first test match figures were 17-2-32-1 and 34-7-109-2 Anil Kumble's first match figures were 43-7-105-3 and 17-3-65-0 None of them had terrific starts. I think it is way too early to judge any player based on the first game. I did that with Ishant Sharma and I know I was made to eat my words :-D