Did Sri Lanka underperform purposely?

SL-Ind match fixed? Yes, if you believe what Kameez Raja and Waqar said in the C box... Match not staged: BCCI 4 Jul, 2008 1434hrs IST, Times Now Print EMail Discuss New Bookmark/ShareBookmark / Share Del.icio.us Google Bookmarks Facebook Yahoo MyWeb StumbleUpon Reddit More Save Write to Editor NEW DELHI: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) vehemently denied all the accusations of Asia Cup match between India and Sri Lanka being staged. BCCI rubbished all the claims of match being staged after former Pakistan players Rameez Raja and Waqar Younis made striking comments about the Thursday's encounter between India and Sri Lanka. In a reaction to Times Now news channel the BCCI clearly stated, "We shouldn't undermine the performance of the players". BCCI also said that if India lose then its a proper match, if win it was staged and they went on to say that commentators can say what they want, we are not concerned. Earlier, former Pakistan greats Waqar Younis and Rameez Raja have slammed the manner of the Lankan loss. The duo questioned Lanka's will to win the crucial encounter as the result of the match led to the hosts being knocked out. The match was a do-or-die game for India to make it to the final, while a Lankan victory would have paved the way for the hosts for Sunday's finale. Rameez Raja said during live commentary, "We didn't see a lot of will and determination from Sri Lanka in this game. So many batsmen got starts, but no one really carried on to play a big innings...Sanath Jayasuriya in particular looked a little bored at the crease, when he was looking good he threw away his wicket." While Waqar Younis said, "I haven't seen Mahela Jayawardene really being proactive in Thursdy's game. He is really on his heels .the manoeuvring of the bowlers I thought was below par - He himself is always on his toes going to the bowlers." Raja went on and said, "Sri Lanka had the choice of picking a team to play them in the final, there you see another look at the batting card, Sanath Jayasuriya got a start as did Mahela, Kapugedera and Silva..but no one really carried on." ------------------------- All I have to say for that is .... AHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...har har..

Guest dada_rocks
Sounds like you are the retarded one!!! There is more than enough evidence to show that the American's were involved in one way or another with 911 but its simple minds that do not question anything like yours - that lap up all the bullshit thrown by governments! :hysterical: I suppose you think the American's invaded Iraq to help the Iraqi people too? :haha:
evidence and umma-minds don't gell I would suggest stick to your usual stupid beliefs instead .. Why tread in unchartered territory

ucilite, I could say that Pak did the exact same thing in the Asian Test Championship in 1999 when they opted for a draw with SL just to make sure India didn't reach the final. But that would make me come across as a bitter and sore loser. Pak are out of the Asia Cup final once again and traditionally, India and SL have been the powerhouse performers in this trophy and NOT Pak. Move on.

Speak for yourself' date=' choker. This current Indian side under Dhoni has been part of 4 finals and won three of them. How you like them apples?
the current is okay even though they lost the kitply cup-but in the past they have lost a bunch of big games against SL-I saw the statistics in another thread.(lost all finals to SL from 1998)

Take a look at our "Indian" friend, cowboysfan's posts so far, who's been freely using the first person wrt India.

Ishant-highly overatted and he needs helpful pitches to perform and he isnt going to get a lot of those in the subcontinent,I am surprised that he cant or doesnt know how to contain the batsmen.
I sorta of agree but Tendulkar has been an indifferent performer in pressure matches.
no chance-we would be lucky if we get 250 Against their (SL's) attack.
lol.pak and minnows in the same sentence.I like the the thought though.
I will bet on my money on SL-pretty much a lock.
this is a slap on the face of the Indian team and partly true as we generally choke in finals and the lankans chose a lesser evil-what is wrong with that?
because we are big chokers when it comes to big matches.
No further comments required. I have sniffed out another one. He'll now leave the forum, his cover blown, and break into tears.
Take a look at our "Indian" friend, cowboysfan's posts so far, who's been freely using the first person wrt India. No further comments required. I have sniffed out another one. He'll now leave the forum, his cover blown, and break into tears.
Dhondy, wat ya think of fineleg? :cantstop:
Dhondy' date=' wat ya think of fineleg? :cantstop:[/quote'] Flamy, I'll answer that question seriously. Fineleg has anxiety neurosis. She simply can't control her anxiety when India is in danger of losing. She has learnt from past experience that she can't really bear Indian losses, and hence has to anticipate the worst, so as to prepare herself for disappointment. She's probably the most relieved person here when India wins.
the current is okay even though they lost the kitply cup-but in the past they have lost a bunch of big games against SL-I saw the statistics in another thread.(lost all finals to SL from 1998)
The kitply-cup? The current is ok? Are you serious? This side has won the 20/20 world cup where we went through a winning streak defeating South Africa/England/Pakistan all in must win games with a bunch of rookies. Then went down under and bounced the best ODI team in the world twice in two finals and we had the likes of Jogindar Sharma and a then unkown Praveen Kumar featuring in those games. Dhoni isn't just cool under pressure. The guy has glacial ice water running through them veins. Chokers indeed.
Flamy, I'll answer that question seriously. Fineleg has anxiety neurosis. She simply can't control her anxiety when India is in danger of losing. She has learnt from past experience that she can't really bear Indian losses, and hence has to anticipate the worst, so as to prepare herself for disappointment. She's probably the most relieved person here when India wins.
I think the above calls for a psychoanalysis thread!:D
I think the above calls for a psychoanalysis thread!:D
Yup, it would be real fun to do one, if the last one was anything to go by. Females are easier to psychanalyse, because they usually come across as they are in real life. Hence Fineleg, Chandan are easy to analyse. Men are much more difficult to do, but some are easy. Won't name them here, otherwise there'll be a queue.
Flamy, I'll answer that question seriously. Fineleg has anxiety neurosis. She simply can't control her anxiety when India is in danger of losing. She has learnt from past experience that she can't really bear Indian losses, and hence has to anticipate the worst, so as to prepare herself for disappointment. She's probably the most relieved person here when India wins.
dude-put me in her category.I have suffered a lot with the indian team and worse i was 1 year old when they won the world cup.they have dissapointed me a lot in all those years.-its just a defense mechanism.