We lost so what

Im disappointed at the way some of the members here are arguing/fighting with each other. We all are shocked and hurt by this loss but its just a freaking game. Relax and take it easy , this is a new side and was facing a difficult to read bowler for the first time .. Its ok , chalta hai ..pls relax and remember at least we got to the finals ... Against Pak we finished 1-1 .. against SL again 1-1.. slowly team India will get there Jai Hind and Good night

Learn to be humble in victories Yes ,one win and act like the world champions ,making a mockery at other teams ,calling them minnows .Thats not the way the real champions should react. keeping that humility in victories is the way to go . If we show arrogance ,we will be made to eat the humble pie ,yes the game of cricket will do that .

Exactly. I'd say most reasonable people would have expected SL to win this final. They were the favorites and they had that element of surprise (read Mendis), whereas India were quite predictable. SL were the better team, congrats to them. Dhoni's courage under pressure impresses me more and more.

i cant accept todays lose. Twice we let them off hook , had RP held Jaya's catch we would have been chasing 225. After we lost both the openers i would have expected remaining 5 batsman to show so application. RRR was less than 5 singles would have won us the game. We had SL exactly where we want them and then we let go.

Exactly. I'd say most reasonable people would have expected SL to win this final. They were the favorites and they had that element of surprise (read Mendis), whereas India were quite predictable. SL were the better team, congrats to them. Dhoni's courage under pressure impresses me more and more.
i would have agreed with you on that one before the game started BUT we gave up from winning position.,
Yes ,one win and act like the world champions ,making a mockery at other teams ,calling them minnows .Thats not the way the real champions should react. keeping that humility in victories is the way to go . If we show arrogance ,we will be made to eat the humble pie ,yes the game of cricket will do that .
excellent post......and this goes for all the sub-continental teams...
Yes ,one win and act like the world champions ,making a mockery at other teams ,calling them minnows .Thats not the way the real champions should react. keeping that humility in victories is the way to go . If we show arrogance ,we will be made to eat the humble pie ,yes the game of cricket will do that .
you won't change their ways, it'll happen again the next time we win
Guest Hiten.
To be honest, I am sick of reading about what Pakistani cricketer ate and where/how he pissed on Karachi streets. We have been discussing Pak cricket a LOT instead of discussion our team's inability to big win matches. I understand the enthusiasm when we are supporting India, but where and why does the cockiness comes from ? For a starter, India has been a mediocre team be it Tests or ODI's. India has played 691 ODI's and we have a 50% record (329 - 329). How exactly do we earn the right to brag ? WHEN Aussies do this, we call it cockiness but we fail to recognize the same cockiness we leak when we win ONE mere game (esp. vs Pakistan). I would even go to a certain extend that to say that some of our players or as a whole team we are overrated (overrated may not be a correct term IMO, lets just say we expect more than we actually deserve). P.S: Lastly, please please do not mix cricket with religious or political issue. Voice out your cricket expertise only through a sporting tunnel. P.P.S: With all this said, please do not adopt 'fineleg-ism'. I can barely tolerate her pessimism. :D
To be honest, I am sick of reading about what Pakistani cricketer ate and where/how he pissed on Karachi streets. We have been discussing Pak cricket a LOT instead of discussion our team's inability to big win matches. I understand the enthusiasm when we are supporting India, but where and why does the cockiness comes from ? For a starter, India has been a mediocre team be it Tests or ODI's. India has played 691 ODI's and we have a 50% record (329 - 329). How exactly do we earn the right to brag ? WHEN Aussies do this, we call it cockiness but we fail to recognize the same cockiness we leak when we win ONE mere game (esp. vs Pakistan). I would even go to a certain extend that to say that some of our players or as a whole team we are overrated (overrated may not be a correct term IMO, lets just say we expect more than we actually deserve). P.S: Lastly, please please do not mix cricket with religious or political issue. Voice out your cricket expertise only through a sporting tunnel. P.P.S: With all this said, please do not adopt 'fineleg-ism'. I can barely tolerate her pessimism. :D
One measure of teams greatness is its performance against the world champions at that time. Here are the stats of various teams in Test Cricket for since 2001 VS Australia, which has been the best team over the last decade. India: Won 5 Lost 6 Pak: Won 0 Lost 6 England: Won 4 Lost 14 NZ: Won 0 Lost 4 SL:Won 0 Lost 6 SA:Won 1 Lost 10 WI: Won 1 Lost 9 More than anything else , thats the reason for my pride. Of course, test series wins in Pak,WI,England also contribute to it.
Guest Hiten.
One measure of teams greatness is its performance against the world champions at that time. Here are the stats of various teams in Test Cricket for since 2001 VS Australia, which has been the best team over the last decade. India: Won 5 Lost 6 Pak: Won 0 Lost 6 England: Won 4 Lost 14 NZ: Won 0 Lost 4 SL:Won 0 Lost 6 SA:Won 1 Lost 10 WI: Won 1 Lost 9 More than anything else , thats the reason for my pride. Of course, test series wins in Pak,WI,England also contribute to it.
The stats you provided are certainly something to be proud of, but that does not necessarily give you the right to call other teams 'minnows'. Our team has lost more than won vs Aus, so we are no #1 team. We might be #2 in the past decade, but that does not mean anything. Its all about being #1:eyedance:
The stats you provided are certainly something to be proud of' date=' but that does not necessarily give you the right to call other teams 'minnows'. Our team has lost more than won vs Aus, so we are no #1 team. We might be #2 in the past decade, but that does not mean anything. Its all about being #1:eyedance:[/quote'] I was just replying to your claim that we are a mediocre test team. NO, we aren't! But I haven't called any team minnows, not even BD. I agree #1 has a different charm to it, but as someone whose early cricket watching days(mid-late 90s) were marred by the absence of ANY significant test victories, and familiar collapse of batting once Sachin was dismissed, the last decade for me has been pure BLISS. :yay::yay::yay::yay: