Greatest tennis match ever?

Gambit

this is an awesome era for tennis. I don't think at anytime in the past you could say that there were 3 players with a legit shot of being considered the best in the world at the same time (borg, connors and mcenroe had fantastic careers but they weren't all playing at an exceptional level at the same time).

^actually the year before' date=' even Roddick-Federer Wimblendon Final was one of the best. I remember everyone on ICF was so much into that game. It was one hell of a game match.[/quote'] That was a low quality match TBH. Federer was hardly playing at his best and did not break Roddick till the 5th set. It was just the serve that dominated the entire match. Wimbledon 2007 and Australian Open 2009 were really great. Wimby 2008 was great too, but Fed had Mono and wasnt at his best.

That was a low quality match TBH. Federer was hardly playing at his best and did not break Roddick till the 5th set. It was just the serve that dominated the entire match. Wimbledon 2007 and Australian Open 2009 were really great. Wimby 2008 was great too, but Fed had Mono and wasnt at his best.
I don't know why you rate wimbledon 2008 final as low. By many that is considered greatest Wimbledon match ever. All drama with rain interruptions had made that even more unforgettable. Is your reluctance is because Federe had lost that match?

I don't know why you rate wimbledon 2008 final as low. By many that is considered greatest Wimbledon match ever. All drama with rain interruptions had made that even more unforgettable. Is your reluctance is because Federe had lost that match?
Nopes..I listed aus 09 as one of the best as well and fed list that too.. Fed was clearly not at his best all through 08..on fact he was never the same player after mono

Nopes..I listed aus 09 as one of the best as well and fed list that too.. Fed was clearly not at his best all through 08..on fact he was never the same player after mono
how does the federer nutsack taste? Please tone down your federer affection display, we've got children on this messageboard. peace.