Who is near the guillotine - RD? SG? VVS?

Err.. Before you all too ecstatic about your discovery, lemme point this out: Coffee said 'He works because his company pays him. The more they pay him, the more he is motivated to work. Sachin is also like that, he is motivated by the returns he gets from the game'. I dispute that saying 'Sachin plays for the love of the game'. Now, where does 'country' come in here?
He thrives to excel in his game (that's what most of want to do). In his craft, playing for the country, fame etc. are just perks of the job. So, if he is playing for the love of the game, because he is good at the game. If I am not good at the game, I wouldn't play it just for the love of it. Sachin is a gifted talent. Tries to better his game. I still don;t understand what is he sacrificing for the "country"?
He thrives to excel in his game (that's what most of want to do). In his craft, playing for the country, fame etc. are just perks of the job. So, if he is playing for the love of the game, because he is good at the game. If I am not good at the game, I wouldn't play it just for the love of it. Sachin is a gifted talent. Tries to better his game. I still don;t understand what is he sacrificing for the "country"?
You are shifting goal posts Cofffee. First you said you are motivated to work more/hard solely by the returns you get from it. Now you say you work to Excel in whatever you do. And the answer to your question lies in the earlier post that you had quoted. Sachin is the batsman he is, not so much driven by the sentiments of patriotism, but the sheer passion he has for the game. And its THIS passion and enthusiasm, the discipline the excellent off-field behavior of Sachin that has been an inspiration to millions of his fans.
Well, you said he wants to play well and do well for his team. The team is the Indian team, I think. Anyways, I agree he has to love the game to play it so well and for so long. But if I had to chose a role model, I will chose Rahul Dravid. Because Dravid was not a child prodigy, just like 99.99% of people on this earth. He was definitely exceptionally talented, but what made him a super success was his single minded determination and hard work. :D
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Fsnv6wHJo]YouTube - harsha on sachin[/ame] Listen between 1:25 and 2:10

The thing about Sachin is, given all the fame and adulation he has recieved, he has never once let down his country. We had big scandals like match fixing, etc, and Sachin was the only one who came out of it with his reputation unscathed, if not enhanced.

Sachin saves the day Lele: This is related to India versus New Zealand match. At night ... said, 'You are losing tomorrow ... Jadeja and Azhar will be run out'. Anshuman (Gaekwad) at 2 o'clock ... went to Sachin's room. 'What do you feel about it?' He said, 'I will snatch an Indian victory' You will not believe ... everything happened exactly. Azhar was run out. Jadeja was run out. But Sachin saw to it that India won the game.
link - http://india-today.com/itoday/20000605/sports.html There is so much more I could type here, but if you dont get it already, reading this thread, you probably wont.
Well, you said he wants to play well and do well for his team. The team is the Indian team, I think. Anyways, I agree he has to love the game to play it so well and for so long. But if I had to chose a role model, I will chose Rahul Dravid. Because Dravid was not a child prodigy, just like 99.99% of people on this earth. He was definitely exceptionally talented, but what made him a super success was his single minded determination and hard work. :D
Punjabi khote!......You want to start a religious jihad here.....?:nervous: How can you compare the man who has "lost" it to the man with the "halo" around his head ?:omg_smile: >>>>I strongly object to the claim that Sachin 'Isnt doing any favors to anyone, He's just a professional making tons of money' This is getting sickening now!:confused_smile:
Punjabi khote!......You want to start a religious jihad here.....?:nervous: How can you compare the man who has "lost" it to the man with the "halo" around his head ?:omg_smile: >>>>I strongly object to the claim that Sachin 'Isnt doing any favors to anyone, He's just a professional making tons of money' This is getting sickening now!:confused_smile:
He may or may not have lost 'IT', that is besides the point. Anyways, maybe I am biased because if I have to chose my top 3 Indian test cricket victories, Dravid will be in all 3 of them.
So, take the money out the equation (returns), he would still forgive his youth/spend time practicing on the cricket fields, mastering his art, etc.? I am more proud of athletes who made less money, but still tried to excel. It is one thing to believe he is good at his craft, and a totally different thing to believe that he is excelling unselfishly at his own expense. Practically, nobody in sport would forgive youth!
Actual when Sachin joined at the ripe age of 15, there was hardly any money in cricket. Cricketers like Kapil were paid peanuts. It was Sachin's excelling in cricket whoch bought money into indian cricket and not the otehr way around
He may or may not have lost 'IT'' date=' that is besides the point. Anyways, maybe I am biased because if I have to chose my top 3 Indian test cricket victories, Dravid will be in all 3 of them.[/quote'] And in all 3 of them he would have other batsmen who OUTSCORED him and did all the donky work. Dravid might be good but he is no great. Like a leech he feeds on the better innings of other batsmen who can force the pace (Sachin, Laxman, Sehwag) and he can retreat in his own shell

Many of us Indians have a very bad tendecy. Many of us love to question the dedication of those who make the country proud and forget to question ourselves what we are doing by putting that question mark. Thats a loser's attitude. The same one glass- half full or half empty?

And in all 3 of them he would have other batsmen who OUTSCORED him and did all the donky work. Dravid might be good but he is no great. Like a leech he feeds on the better innings of other batsmen who can force the pace (Sachin' date=' Laxman, Sehwag) and he can retreat in his own shell[/quote'] CRAP. Only in 2001 was he outscored. In 2003 Adelaide, he was the HIGHEST SCORER IN BOTH INNINGS OF INDIA(233 and 72). IN PERTH 2008, He scored a crucial 93, which again was the highest score for India. Remember Kingston 2006, he was the only Indian to score over 50, and he did it in both innings and India won the match (he scored 81 and 68). This was the match that decided the series, 1-0 in our favor. Meanwhile, I have to stretch my memory REAL hard to remember a Sachin-LED overseas test victory. Anyone wanna help me ?
CRAP. Only in 2001 was he outscored. In 2003 Adelaide, he was the HIGHEST SCORER IN BOTH INNINGS OF INDIA(233 and 72). IN PERTH 2008, He scored a crucial 93, which again was the highest score for India. Remember Kingston 2006, he was the only Indian to score over 50, and he did it in both innings and India won the match (he scored 81 and 68). This was the match that decided the series, 1-0 in our favor. Meanwhile, I have to stretch my memory REAL hard to remember a Sachin-LED overseas test victory. Anyone wanna help me ?
Does only top scoring matter to you? If so the try to remember who was the top scorer in Trinidad vivtory in '02, Headingley victory in '02, Trentbridge victory in '07. And also remember who was the top scorer in Jo'berg victory in '06. But I'm not a fool to give credit to only one batsman in all those victories as well as those which you have mentioned!
Does only top scoring matter to you? If so the try to remember who was the top scorer in Trinidad vivtory in '02, Headingley victory in '02, Trentbridge victory in '07. And also remember who was the top scorer in Jo'berg victory in '06. But I'm not a fool to give credit to only one batsman in all those victories as well as those which you have mentioned!
I was answering to the two_cents crappy allegations. :finger:
I was answering to the two_cents crappy allegations. :finger:
chandan was just replying to ur post..and she was being polite but why do u have to show the finger, if u dont agree with her then u can just say that in words..this is not on dude