What do you think about the review system ?

India requested 2 reviews today. The whole team along with captain wase on field who was taking the decision to go for review. Kirsten ?
Kumble has the final authority when we are fielding. You cannot get any input from anyone outside the field. Kirsten cannot contribute. When we are batting, the final authority is with the batsman.
Why? If ball hitting on batsman's shoulders are given caught behind, why should it be wrong to change that? And if this is just bandaid, what is the permanent solution in your opinion?
The idea of overturning an obviously incorrect decision is perfectly fine by me. The current system that has been implemented hasn't been well thought out enough. A change as drastic as this needs a lot more thinking and investigation before it is implemented. I don't know what the permanent solution is, and I never claimed to have known it. But world cricket should have the resources to find that solution through investigation. Tell me, do you think any sort of extensive study was done on the effects of this system on Test cricket? For example, how they would have effected game over the past few years. The only "study" I have heard of is the trial run in county which was deemed to be an unequivocal failure. Did anyone bother to address the issues that came to light as a result of that trial? From the looks of it, no one even bothered to consider that there were any issues. Put it this way, a company would never upgrade a new system into "production" without putting it through its paces. It's call due-diligence, and apparently the ICC has never heard of it. I'm not saying status-quo was adequate, just that the change isn't either.

It's quite good I think. It's not worked for India but in the long run it will do cricket a lot of good. Tendulkar and Sehwag both were ruled not out by the umpire today but the replay showed they were both out. Imagine if these two big decisions did not go in favour of Sri Lanka. I think it's good for cricket but ICC is silly enough not to provide the 3rd umpire bit more help with hot spot, snicko and hawkeye. I still don't understand why they can't provide hot spot and snicko if not hawkeye.

This new appeals rule A couple of things are clear to me... 1) It will eradicate the GLARING errors we see when you have PACE bowlers on and since they're not yet using snickometer or hawkeye we shouldn't see batsmen getting out more often - a marginal lbw will remain marginal call and hence not out in the eyes of the reviewing umpire. 2) Against SPIN bowling, where the main sources of doubt can be addressed using multiple angles and slow motion replays to highlight deviations, we are going to see batsmen getting out more often. Hence a quality spin attack becomes DOUBLY potent. The game has changed folks. Discuss!

I think the system is good and now the batsmen's averages won't be as bloated. Umpires have had excellent hand in screwing a limited few or helping a handful of them. No more that is going to stay and it'll bloody well help the bowlers. Anything that helps the bowlers is a good thing.