Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

BUMP THIS THREAD WAS CREATED WHEN NO ONE HAD HEARD OF VIRAT KOHLI. He wasn't even announced in under 19 world cup squad as captain that time. KOHLI IS THE FUTURE CAPTAIN..
Tics u legend :two_thumbs_up: Was mighty impressed with him in the U19 wcup. Defo captain material
my admiration for the young guy is increasing day by day .. I nearly hated him at the start of his intl career due to his arrogant attitude but he has rectified both his attitude and skills and I surely admire him now
Where did this came from? Anything related to IPL?

Asked about the perception of his troublesome attitude "What people were talking about my attitude during first IPL was right to a certain extent. I have accepted the criticism and tried to take it in the right spirit. There are two ways to deal with it; either you ignore it and keep continuing in the same way doing the same mistakes or you can accept the criticism and rectify it. And I took the second approach." Silence in the press room. Many people didn't expect such a revelation. You thought Kohli would have just brushed aside the criticisms and moved on as it would have fit with the stereotype. It's not as if he had said something dramatic; it's just that even this small step of acknowledging that he might have been wrong in the past was not expected.

Viru GG Pujara Rohit Kohli Raina our batting lineup in few years
Early days but still a good insight indeed,.... but what I hope for in the future is for sehwag to play a more important role in the sense of moving him down the order, 3 would be ideal and 4 would be just as good! The old days when sehwag coming in at 5 and whacking the saffies were a joy, not that I dont enjoy him as an opener, far from it, just would like to see it, plus the fact that we could yeild the start for new openers.

No doubt, he has in him what is required for being a captain, but that is still a long way as of now. In last 1 year or so he has definitely come of age. He showed tremendous temperament in last matches of this year's Champion League. Hope his good form continues. I saw opening date of this thread and was surprised to see it started way back in 2007. Not sure if I had even heard his name at that time. Great 'tics.

Early days but still a good insight indeed' date='.... but what I hope for in the future is for sehwag to play a more important role in the sense of moving him down the order, 3 would be ideal and 4 would be just as good! The old days when sehwag coming in at 5 and whacking the saffies were a joy, not that I dont enjoy him as an opener, far from it, just would like to see it, plus the fact that we could yeild the start for new openers.[/quote'] no ways, the top 2 is set, we shud not mess wit a good thing

bang on I always want Sehwag to play in MO in odi's When he is around, the middle overs will not be boring. He can get quick runs during that period, much better than any other player. And if he stay after 40 overs, its carnage time Any match in which Sehwag stayed after 30 overs, he was virtually unstoppable

Early days but still a good insight indeed' date='.... but what I hope for in the future is for sehwag to play a more important role in the sense of moving him down the order, 3 would be ideal and 4 would be just as good! The old days when sehwag coming in at 5 and whacking the saffies were a joy, not that I dont enjoy him as an opener, far from it, just would like to see it, plus the fact that we could yeild the start for new openers.[/quote']
since the u-19 days Kohli was considered arrogant ' date=' infact I remember he himself admitted to have worked on his attitude recently[/quote'] In his initial days his attitude definitely had raised few eyebrows. I remember Ravi Shastri telling on air that it took sometime for Virat to realize that nobody gives a damn to captain of U-19 team even if team is WC winner. But, as somebody else has also mentioned, he himself admits of working on his attitude.

Virat is one for the keeps. He really announced himself to the world in ODI tournament in B’desh earlier this year, but sort of fell away after that. He’s back it again. If he keep performing like this and given Gautam’s persistent injury troubles, we could be in for some interesting days ahead. He has the attitude, he has the technique and he has adequate power. My only complaint is that his shot selection under pressure is still a bit suspect, though he has done a lot to address that concern. But you never really know when he’s going to try an outrageous shot out of the blue.

Kohli will be tested in tryiong conditions conducive to good quality fast bowling.Perhaps i will hold back my opinion till i see him play in Saf' date=' Aus, Eng.But till now what i have seen, he has been nothing but impressive.[/quote'] watch his innings of 73 in Chamipions trophy on a bouncy green track against a good Wi attack with bowlers like fiery Kemar Roach who was bowlign in 150s and Gavin Tong was swinging it away and look how well he played in that game......i dont how you forget this kind of a class innings