Team for the 1st 2 Tests : Ganguly IN

MM' date=' Badri looks like a much better choice than Kaif.[/quote']
The stats show if anythhing that cos its against aussies and Kaif is a proven failure against them' date=' that he should not play even more cos its the aussies.[/quote']
What are you going on about!!! You have lost it. The stats show that actually if you look at records against oz then Kaif 100% should not play. He averages 30 against them with a top score of 64. Yet you seem to be championing him as some great aussie slayer. You have lost it:confused_smile:
How many of you saw: 1. the FC match Australia A where Kaif made 94 and Badri made 10 against Bollinger, Siddle and McGain 2. The one day match vs Aus A in which Tait had Badri jumping all over and was visibly terrified to go near the ball 3. The Irani trophy where Ishant had Badri again like a cat on hot tin roof, playing away from body, absolutely clueless on how to counter the extra bounce. Anyone who saw these matches will NEVER advocate for Badrinath against bowlers like Lee, Clark, Johnson, Bollinger and Siddle. You will see for yourself tomorrow in the BP XI match.

Load of garbage dsr Kaif has worked hard on his game and has apparently honed his technique, if he was selected, he would have been by merit. He had a cracking season last season and had a 94 vs Aus A didnt he? He has been treaed very badly- good knocks vs the Aus in 04 after which didnt see him for like a whole year- before he rescued us when Hoggard was ripping thru the batting at Nagpur (was it?) Then when he was dropped for Ganguly two years ago it was after the Wi tour where he scored a fine centruy and averaged 60ish? So he shouldnt have been. Yes Ganguly more than justified his reinclusion I know, but thats not the point He at least should have got to captain the Board team and not Yuvraj- a far better captain for a start and wtf has Yu done in tests- Kaif is a better test player. We have to switch to youth at some point and right now Kaif is very much at the forefront of those. His time will come. I guess if Gangs was dropped really RD shd go too.

Load of garbage dsr Kaif has worked hard on his game and has apparently honed his technique, if he was selected, he would have been by merit. He had a cracking season last season and had a 94 vs Aus A didnt he? He has been treaed very badly- good knocks vs the Aus in 04 after which didnt see him for like a whole year- before he rescued us when Hoggard was ripping thru the batting at Nagpur (was it?) Then when he was dropped for Ganguly two years ago it was after the Wi tour where he scored a fine centruy and averaged 60ish? So he shouldnt have been. Yes Ganguly more than justified his reinclusion I know, but thats not the point Hhe at least should have got to captain the Board team and not Yuvraj- a far better captain for a start and wtf has Yu done in tests- Kaif is a better test player. We have to switch to youth at some point and right now Kaif is very much at the forefront of those. His time will come. I guess if Gangs was dropped really RD shd go too.
yuvraj has scored 3 hundreds and an avg of 33 over a scattered career isnt bad.IMO yuvi shud have been in da 14 ahead of badri n kaif
How many of you saw: 1. the FC match Australia A where Kaif made 94 and Badri made 10 against Bollinger, Siddle and McGain 2. The one day match vs Aus A in which Tait had Badri jumping all over and was visibly terrified to go near the ball 3. The Irani trophy where Ishant had Badri again like a cat on hot tin roof, playing away from body, absolutely clueless on how to counter the extra bounce. Anyone who saw these matches will NEVER advocate for Badrinath against bowlers like Lee, Clark, Johnson, Bollinger and Siddle. You will see for yourself tomorrow in the BP XI match.
neither kaif or badri will be playing. so whos better to have on the bench to sit and watch and learn? its bandri.
neither kaif or badri will be playing. so whos better to have on the bench to sit and watch and learn? its bandri.
why badri only? n wat if someone gets injured, then we will have 2 play a complete rookie against best team in world not FC.dont think that'll be gr8 idea.
Excellent post, Chandan. The fact of the matter is, Kaif is equal to Badri in current form, If not greater, he has a proven track record against the Aussies ( I know, I know… 160 runs in 3 tests at an average of 30 and a highest of 64 doesn’t look accomplished, but it was the manner in which he handled the Aussie bowlers in that series, a series in which most other Indian batsman floundered badly, that needs to be remembered right now). Moreover, as promising as Badri is (he’s definite shoo-in into the middle order in the immediate future, given the spate of retirements that may happen anytime), I am still not convinced about his ability to face up to top quality bowling in tough conditions at the test level. This is where Kaif scored over him, just.
Excellent post, Chandan. The fact of the matter is, Kaif is equal to Badri in current form, If not greater, he has a proven track record against the Aussies ( I know, I know… 160 runs in 3 tests at an average of 30 and a highest of 64 doesn’t look accomplished, but it was the manner in which he handled the Aussie bowlers in that series, a series in which most other Indian batsman floundered badly, that needs to be remembered right now). Moreover, as promising as Badri is (he’s definite shoo-in into the middle order in the immediate future, given the spate of retirements that may happen anytime), I am still not convinced about his ability to face up to top quality bowling in tough conditions at the test level. This is where Kaif scored over him, just.
exactly my thoughts Sriram..:two_thumbs_up:
The fact of the matter is' date=' Kaif is equal to Badri in current form, If not greater, [b']he has a proven track record against the Aussies ( I know, I know… 160 runs in 3 tests at an average of 30 and a highest of 64 doesn’t look accomplished, but it was the manner in which he handled the Aussie bowlers in that series, a series in which most other Indian batsman floundered badly, that needs to be remembered right now).
Seriously wtf are you going on about. PROVEN TRACK RECORD AGAINST THE AUSSIES:haha:What are you on. You have shown what a silly statement that was with your next sentence and the stats he has against the aussies of average 30 and top score of 64! Thus you have clearly shown he has a proven track record of failure against the aussies. You might be impressed how he looked but no one else was. His stance like he has having a cr#p and the grip of a 4th team club cricketer! Looking good and getting out impresses no one. Big runs and a track record of this impresses.
Yes. Agree. It a good squad, however I could have done with Kaif over Badrinath since Kaif is a brilliant fielder too. But then it doesn't matter much because there is no chance that anyone will get a chance for the first two tests. Glad that Mishra has been picked finally. Hope he pulls up his socks and increases consistency in his bowling.
Of what I've seen of Badri, he's a very good fielder as well.
Seriously wtf are you going on about. PROVEN TRACK RECORD AGAINST THE AUSSIES:haha:What are you on. You have shown what a silly statement that was with your next sentence and the stats he has against the aussies of average 30 and top score of 64! Thus you have clearly shown he has a proven track record of failure against the aussies. You might be impressed how he looked but no one else was. His stance like he has having a cr#p and the grip of a 4th team club cricketer! Looking good and getting out impresses no one. Big runs and a track record of this impresses.
Mate, obviously you didnt see the last test series between us and the Aussies at home. I did and I was very impressed with the way in which Kaif handled himself in the series, which is why I am backing him over Badri, even though the numbers point otherwise. I am sure other members here who watched that series will vouch for me. Of course, for you, FC career averages, a fantastic batting stance and an international class grip is all that is required to get into the team. Not for me though.
Mate, obviously you didnt see the last test series between us and the Aussies at home. I did and I was very impressed with the way in which Kaif handled himself in the series, which is why I am backing him over Badri, even though the numbers point otherwise. I am sure other members here who watched that series will vouch for me. Of course, for you, FC career averages, a fantastic batting stance and an international class grip is all that is required to get into the team. Not for me though.
Well you dont like grips and stances and FC averages. What about cr#p international performances/stats and continually letting your team down. Also on one hand your not in to grips and stances but on the other hand you like they way Kaif looked even though he did jack. Can't have it both ways!