Got to admire the Aussies

King

Never mind their throwing of toys at times but you can't help but admire the way they play their cricket. McGrath, Warne and Langer is long gone. Even their mainstay and extremely effective Symonds is made to cool his heals at home but the Aussies did not give in. They still came out and played a calculated cricket to get to a good score early in the series. It may have been easy blaming missing these players but they choose attitude over talent with regards to Symonds and they are reaping the benefits. Now the rest of the players won't get carried away knowing lack of attitude only hurts them not with standing how good they are.

Agreed but I would also add that during the age when they had all stalwarts playing, every single member was someone to be afraid of (in terms of their contribution to Australia's winning cause). Now, though, the team depends heavily (not completely) on Hayden, Ponting, or Hussey delivering big. So I think thats something that will cause them a bit of a problem (perhaps their Achilles heel). Even in this match, Katich, Haddin, and Lee provided support but without Ponting and Hussey, this time, they probably would've been in trouble - something you wouldn't say about previous Australian teams. But with Ponting, Hussey, and potentially Hayden (I wouldn't count him out) in good/terrific form, I'd give Australia a fair to very good chance of retaining the trophy unless we do something extraordinary with the ball.

they arent champions for nothing..they have changed their style of play now..i just cant imagine that the aussies have scored at less than 3 RPO in the entire innings..they adapt easily..their primary motive is not to play attacking cricket or go all out, i mean even now they do that but when they know that the conditions are not suited for that style of cricket they change and play according to the situation..i know this is a dead pitch but still they have got 430 which is more than a decent score..Aussies are the best no matter wat

Fully agreed Ravi. It's in their blood to fight and play hard and not give up. Even with not so great looking team, they turn up to the ground with high belief among themselves and huddle up and start their quest.. p.s - good to see u posting these dayz Ravi.. would be good if u post regular.. at one time, u used to be the most active member

Yup they realised since their last test series in India they have to play a fairly slow game in India as against out and out aggressive batting. Now they are happy to wait, pick a lot of singles and hit a four when the chance comes by. This is something they seemed to do quite well since their visit to India last time around. When they are back in Australia they only know one way of batting i.e aggressive style almost similar to ODI standards. Even with field sets they are tinkering with it and not going with the tested 3 slips and a gully. They apapt quite well and quickly too. India has been good adapting overseas these days but a tad slow.

The majority, yes. There are others in this lineup whom I believe lack the sheer heart, bloodymindedness and fight in them that made Australia such a force over the last decade and a half. I don't buy Cameron White as test material, at least as a spinner (he's a brutal batsman, and may have a future as a number 6 - but not as #8 playing lone spinner). Nor do I believe Shane Watson is a test all rounder. But the others, my god. What an exhibition of grit, percentage cricket and a game executed superbly to a plan from the likes of Ponting, Hussey and Katich. It'll be interesting to see what the bowlers come up with over the next 3 days of this match on such an unforgiving surface though. Although I still reckon the attack is too weak to take 20 wickets, bar a spell of sheer brilliance from Lee or Clark, or some foolishness from the batsmen. (PS Ravi: Check your PMs!)

Aus are true champions. Rather than "blazing away at RPO > 4" and risking it, they have played cautiously and with steely determination to do well in India. Indian top and middle order better not blow this one away. We need to show the same determination if we need to overhaul the Aus 1st Inn score.

they arent champions for nothing..they have changed their style of play now..i just cant imagine that the aussies have scored at less than 3 RPO in the entire innings..they adapt easily..their primary motive is not to play attacking cricket or go all out' date=' i mean even now they do that but [b']when they know that the conditions are not suited for that style of cricket they change and play according to the situation..i know this is a dead pitch but still they have got 430 which is more than a decent score..Aussies are the best no matter wat
hail lalit modi n rca for that!
Aus are true champions. Rather than "blazing away at RPO > 4" and risking it' date=' they have played cautiously and with [b']steely determination to do well in India. Indian top and middle order better not blow this one away. We need to show the same determination if we need to overhaul the Aus 1st Inn score.
Well, at least we forced them to change their game....yet again.:D They have ruled world cricket decade after decade for some reason. They have it in their blood.