Looks like Dhoni did the laundry quite well after all..

Ram

Sure, whatever you say, dhoni_sux. You better pray that India loses this match, 'cos the way things are going on right now Dhoni will be looking really good once this one is over.
i'm always gonna pray 4 win.also i respect every average indian player equally.dhoni is one of 'em.but when he fails consistently.i'm gonna say dhoni sux

Honestly, I am shocked that true Indians can actually hate Dhoni. He's probably the best thing to have happened to Indian cricket in the last 10 years, maybe along with Ishant. His batting reveals sense of purpose and awareness that eludes even far more experienced peers. Its like when he comes into every time, he sizes up the situation very quickly knows exactly what to do and how to do it. Many times, we've seen batsman defend when they should've attacked more ( eg: Rahul), or attack when they should've defended more ( specimens like Afridi). But Dhoni's batsmanship and tactics never seem out of place. He always looks one step ahead of the opposition. And less said about his captaincy, the better. He's probably the coolest, calmest and most collected captain India's ever had. And add to this the fact that he's tactically quite strong, you've all the makings of an excellent test skipper.

Honestly, I am shocked that true Indians can actually hate Dhoni. He's probably the best thing to have happened to Indian cricket in the last 10 years, maybe along with Ishant. His batting reveals sense of purpose and awareness that eludes even far more experienced peers. Its like when he comes into every time, he sizes up the situation very quickly knows exactly what to do and how to do it. Many times, we've seen batsman defend when they should've attacked more ( eg: Rahul), or attack when they should've defended more ( specimens like Afridi). But Dhoni's batsmanship and tactics never seem out of place. He always looks one step ahead of the opposition. And less said about his captaincy. He's probably the coolest, calmest and most collected captain India's ever had. And add to this the fact that he's tactically quite strong, you've all the makings of an excellent test skipper.
we'll see. should he have defended more when he scored 9 pff 52 in bangalore n couple of similar innings in aus.u r carried away by one innings
Honestly, I am shocked that true Indians can actually hate Dhoni. He's probably the best thing to have happened to Indian cricket in the last 10 years, maybe along with Ishant. His batting reveals sense of purpose and awareness that eludes even far more experienced peers. Its like when he comes into every time, he sizes up the situation very quickly knows exactly what to do and how to do it. Many times, we've seen batsman defend when they should've attacked more ( eg: Rahul), or attack when they should've defended more ( specimens like Afridi). But Dhoni's batsmanship and tactics never seem out of place. He always looks one step ahead of the opposition. And less said about his captaincy, the better. He's probably the coolest, calmest and most collected captain India's ever had. And add to this the fact that he's tactically quite strong, you've all the makings of an excellent test skipper.
I agree entirely I would greatly appreciate it, however, if you change the title of this thread. He does not deserve to be called Dhobi, even in jest. We need to treat our cricketers with respect and discourage usage of such epithets. Not that there is anything wrong in the profession of a dhobi ....
I agree entirely I would greatly appreciate it, however, if you change the title of this thread. He does not deserve to be called Dhobi, even in jest. We need to treat our cricketers with respect and discourage usage of such epithets. Not that there is anything wrong in the profession of a dhobi ....
I think the Dhobi in the title is sarcastic. It conveys what its intended to convey.
Its only those yuvi and dada fans who hate dhoni.
I think the Dhobi in the title is sarcastic. It conveys what its intended to convey.
Of course it is sarcastic! It is meant to be a slap in the face of Dhoni haters! But by using such sarcasm we legitimize the usage of such words by fellow low class posters and haters who resort to such despicable name calling. Either way - the focus of this thread is on Dhoni's superb batting and his good captaincy - lets get back to that! Cheers :)
No mate, that was just a pointed jab at people who repeatedly keep calling him 'Dhobi'... If they dont stop doing it even now, then we really cant do anything.

excellent work by Dhoni. Only a couple of blots in his work today. A missed catch and his work with the tail. But he is human bound to make a few mistakes but his captaincy has been awesome so far. The guy has a mindset. attack when required and defend when required. But as far his batting goes I just hope he becomes Mr. consistent. An average of above 35 would be great from him

Finally someone said it... exactly my words !!! Screw Dhoni Haters
Dhoni rox! He's the best! :two_thumbs_up: Conspiracy Theory Fodder: Dhoni bats well only when he is skipper. When Kumble is captain he purposely underperforms so that Kumble gets dropped and loses captaincy.
Dhoni did well. He is perfect candidate for captaincy. But he is still not fit for test

Dhoni batted and captained excellently in this game (so far...) but he has been poor behind the stumps. I really thought he should have gone for the catch (rather than waiting for RD to go for it) [Hussey's outside edge to Ishant]. He also should have been able to hold on to Hussey's catch off Bhajji, sure it was a hard one, but Dhoni's glovework in the past has been exceptional so by his standards itself it was a pretty poor let down.

Dhoni batted and captained excellently in this game (so far...) but he has been poor behind the stumps. I really thought he should have gone for the catch (rather than waiting for RD to go for it) [Hussey's outside edge to Ishant]. He also should have been able to hold on to Hussey's catch off Bhajji' date= sure it was a hard one, but Dhoni's glovework in the past has been exceptional so by his standards itself it was a pretty poor let down.
Totally agree with this.