greatest test win against aus?

Lord

in terms of runs,it was the biggest win.but is it india 's greatest win against aus.we have some fantastic wins against ausin the past.where does this one rank.some of these wins are: 1.eden gardens win,2001 2.subsequent chennai win 3.perth win 4.adelaide win,2004 5.mumbai win,2004 6.chennai win of 1998 7. todays win at mohali i 'd pick kolkata win bcoz it led me to watch test cricket. i was a kid then n only watched ODIs but this changed everything n explained to me the beauty of test cricket take ur pick n give reasons if possible

Eden Gardens defn remem watching it as a young 13 year old' date=' just saw a special programme compiled by Neo Sports, the "Unforgettable Tour" it was about the invincibles touring us in 2001, i must say it was simply brilliant !!![/quote'] i watched it too,thats where i got the idea of this thread believe me , i still got GOOSEBUMPS
same here' date=' only if they repeat the telecast, ill record it, act i saw it after todays win, which made it even more special !!![/quote'] Thats why I didn't post for a while..stunning programme :two_thumbs_up: unlike both of you I was just out of my teens when watched live in 2001!

My choice in that order: Kolkata 2001: Coming back from a follow-on to win: Greatest test in my lifetime, on a flat batting track! Adelaide 2004: First win in Aus by the post-1978 teams Perth 2008: Beating Aus at its fav game/ground Kolkata 1998/Mohali 2008: Sheer dominance Chennai 1998: SRT winning the war against Warne! Chennai 2001: Series win victory for 2001 - greatest ever series in my lifetime Mumbai 2004: Least fav.

Thats why I didn't post for a while..stunning programme :two_thumbs_up: unlike both of you I was just out of my teens when watched live in 2001!
and i thought it was a boring thread even i watched that game live,but then i didnt have any idea bout cricket other than its a bat n ball game.didnt even know any aussie except warne

They were all equally special, but i have to say, this was probably the most complete performance i have ever seen from an Indian team. Dominating all 5 days, with every single player contributing in a massive victory. It's right up there with the win against AUS at Kolkata in '98, and the Headingley win '02.

I will rate the Kolkata 2001 and Adelaide 2004 victories over this one.
same here. Simply because the quality of Australian team and players was at a different level in 2001/2004 than 2008 Those were brilliant victories for India. Ofcourse only relatively. Even this Mohali Test was great.

This test should rank as one of the best dominating test wins ever by an Indian team over an australian team..They have outclassed the aussies in all the 5 days..but the come-from-behind victories are always special because no one gave the team any chance of even competing in those tests..So Kolkatta 2001 is the greatest Indian victory ever..