Test cricket won't be the same...

bunny

I know many of you will find it hard to watch Indian cricket, especially test cricket, when SRT retires. I am hearing lots of discussions in various threads here that RD might retire. I won't be able to follow Indian cricket at least for the next couple of series if RD retires. Anybody in the same boat?

It's kinda sad to see what has become of Dravid in the last two years. Or maybe it's even gone beyond that. Sadly he may not get the opportunity to jump before he is pushed. At least Ganguly looks like going out on a positive note. There will be a considerable void in all our lives when SRT goes, but someone will come along to fill it.

Sachin is top class ... The best Indian batsman Ive seen, and the best contemporary batsman. Add to that the fact that he has carried himself with dignity, integrity and humility. Despite the fact that he spent his late teenage years as a hero to over 1 billion people, he never let it go to his head. Despite living in the public spotlight, there was not one off-field scandal. His on-field behaviour has been as close to perfection as anyone in the modern game. This is what makes Sachin such a delight to watch. A true gentleman of the game. It will be the saddest day in Indian cricket history when Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar stops playing.

I want to see what people in the media write about him. SG was dubbed as a fighter, the best Indian captain (which probably he is). AK was called the greatest Indian matchwinner. SRT would go down as the best Indian batsman, some people might call him the best of 90s, others might call him one of the best after Bradman. What about RD, where does he stand?

I know many of you will find it hard to watch Indian cricket, especially test cricket, when SRT retires. I am hearing lots of discussions in various threads here that RD might retire. I won't be able to follow Indian cricket at least for the next couple of series if RD retires. Anybody in the same boat?
nThe Bettle might also retire from ICF... :((

^ Rahul Dravid I would say was the best Team player India ever had. He did everything for the team. He kept when they needed a keeper. He captained when they needed a captain. He stopped when he realised he wasnt doing well. He opened when they wanted to accomodate Yuvraj. Probably the most selfless cricketer we have ever had. Dravid IMO was our most resiliant batsman ever, and amongst the top 3 best Test batsman we have produced.

^ Rahul Dravid I would say was the best Team player India ever had. He did everything for the team. He kept when they needed a keeper. He captained when they needed a captain. He stopped when he realised he wasnt doing well. He opened when they wanted to accomodate Yuvraj. Probably the most selfless cricketer we have ever had. Dravid IMO was our most resiliant batsman ever, and amongst the top 3 best Test batsman we have produced.
I'll add that he has been an incredible player outside India as well. It didn't matter if he was play on bouncy, fast tracks or in South Africa or in swinging conditions in England. Dravid was equal to the task. Wonderful player but I hope he doesn't retire now, but gets dropped so that he can go back to domestic cricket or even get a contract in England and really come back to form. It only takes a couple of months and with Ganguly retiring I think he would be welcomed back if he can regain that form of 2006. He's only 35 and still physically in good shape.

Cricket will never be the same for me if Sachin retires..nothing wud matter after that..i know the game wud move on but it will be like consuming food without salt..i mean i wud still watch the game because i do love the game a lot but i will not be really passionate about it as i am now..

I don't watch Cricket for a particular player. I watch because i'm a die hard cricket fan.. A die hard Indian Cricket fan in particular. When SRT OR RD or ANYONE else will retire.. i will still continue to watch with same interest. just that i would miss these two champion players a lot.. interest for cricket won't go..interest for cricket won't diminish.. after having followed cricket for so many years, a retirement of a great player won't really make me lose my interest.

I don't watch Cricket for a particular player. I watch because i'm a die hard cricket fan.. A died hard Indian Cricket fan in particular. When SRT OR RD or ANYONE else will retire.. i will still continue to watch with same interest. just that i would miss these two champion players a lot.. interest for cricket won't go..interest for cricket won't diminish.. after having followed cricket for so many years, a retirement of a great player won't really make me lose my interest.
Fully concur ... cricket will go on and the passion wont wane .... but it will be difficult to adjust initially ... having seen these guys play for close to 2/3rs of my lifetime. They are part of my 'family' if you will. But life will go on .... new guys will emerge to move us forward

When RD retires and SG, Kuble already gone, I tell you it will not be the same. Who knows for long time to come. Even though, SRT the most adored and VS, a prolific player around, watching test cricket wont be the same. I think there wont be many sleepless nights anymore. Because, RD always brought a hope that he will get through the day, he will save the game, he will take the lead further. That hope will be gone with him. I will miss him the most of all.