4th test, 3rd day's Dhoni's tactics :Intelligent or negative?

DomainK

4th test, 3rd day's Dhoni's tactics :Intelligent or negative?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Ian Chappell: Lawmakers must think about one-sided fields "Administrators have got to think about suggesting that perhaps no more than two-thirds of the fielders can be on one side of the wicket. It really isn't a lot of fun watching the bowlers bowling well wide of the stumps and batsmen putting their bats on their shoulders" Here are few comments on this :-

Comments Top ^ Well Mr. Chappell I didn't hear you saying the same when Ponting did the same thing in the first innings. Now once India has done it you come up with the idea of changing the rule! Brilliant piece of journalism. May be you should reserve that for Channel 9 only. I agree with you that it was getting a bit annoying and I thought actually India lost the opportunity to bowl Aussies out for a cheaper score. About slow over rate again you have a short term memory. Let me remind you Ponting has been doing it consistently. It might look as he's not doing as a tactic but I think he's. If it was an accident we won't be deja vued every time. I'm surprised (or not surprised) he was not fined by the match referee. Posted by Panchu on November 08 2008, 16:59 PM GMT Typical whinging Aussies. Put 7 fielders on leg side and bowl directly at the batsman and it's unfair. They call it Bodyline and whine. It's all right when Lillee and Thommo are aiming stuff at the batsmen, though. Put 8 fielders on offside and bowl on the offside and it's unfair.They call it "defensive" and whine. Their own (ineffective) defensive fields are "new-age" cricket. Make up your minds!!! And captains HAVE been suspended for slow over rates. Ganguly certainly has been, as his Collingwood(for ODIs) and Ricky Ponting has said in this series that he was concerned about it and hence bowled his slow bowlers at Mohali. So what does Ian want? Instant suspension for two overs PS: Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, I have loved watching the Aussies play, and am very grateful to Mark Taylor for rescuing Test cricket by his insistence on the win, and Waugh and Ponting for continuing it. Posted by FrodoBaggins on November 08 2008, 16:56 PM GMT

He is a ****. Like I said chappell was. Thank god for Alan Border and Brendan Julian. Hopefully heralding a new breed of aussie commentator who are not knobs. They both praised india for yesterday and questioned aussie batting tactics. Alan Border actually sounds like quite a nice guy As for Nicholas what an idiot he has become!

We had 2 men on the boundary (deep point and 3rd man) ... the rest were all in either catching positions or positions to save a single. We bowled to our field and the Aussies were strangled out. The Aussies were 2/230 and had 2 set batsman in (Katich had already passed 100) where were the innovative shots? * They could have charged down the wicket and hit it over extra cover. Once it clears the infield its pretty much 3 or 4. * They could have walked towards the batsman (trying to get them to bowl a bouncer, which could then be hit to the vacant leg side area) * They could have run the ball down to 3rd man to rotate the strike * There was no one protecting the straight boundary ... They could have advanced (particularly to the slower paced Zaheer Khan) and tried to hit him straight back over his head. Did the Aussies think that we would bowl it in areas where they are going to score runs? I think someone should explain the game of cricket to the Aussies.

Maybe india would struggle with the over rates if they weren't used to cheating at home by picking so many spinners because the pitches are always unfair. Preparing fair pitches might get india to one day win 1 test series away from the sub continent like good teams do - win all over the world. But it seems that India will continue to throw up dust bowls and never win away from home and therefore never get the number 1 ranking.
hey from what province in pakistan
After tea, Ricky Ponting bowled his part-timers at the other end to Krejza. We were told that there was an over-rate problem and he was trying to fix that. But the first question you've got to ask is: How the hell can he keep making the same mistake? He has been in that position previously in this series; he has been fined and he has been warned about the slow overs but here we are again. It was a situation from where Australia could well have won the Test had they continued to push the Indians as they had in the second session. But by putting himself in that position all the momentum was gone. And boy didn't the pair of Dhoni and Harbhajan Singh jump on the Australians? They became very aggressive and they just took the game right away from the Australia with a century partnership.
- Ian Chappell I've been listening to Chappell for years. He's about as fair as you can get. He's criticized anyone who doesn't play well regardless of whether they are Indian/Australian or whatever.