Drop in standards...

fineleg

^ Yes. On pitches like these, bowlers bend their backs, and give every ounce of energy to bowl fast and get the edges or beat the bat. You need fielders backing them up, and give 100% It wasn't even a tough catch. But laxy was bloody sleeping!!! Very frustrating for I.Sharma, MSD and us too!

Dravid caught one and dropped one. They can't catch them all. Luckily for both Dravid and Laxman, it didn't cost much. Katch was 92 went on to make 102. Partnership of 27 runs more, while Mitchell's drop costed about 19 runs. Who knows if Laxman had caught it, how much Lee and White would have put. Dropped catches hurt more when there not many more chances that come by of taking wickets. In Kotla Ishant's drop of MClarke, costed the match, may be,

If there has been drop in standards, it has to be from the Aussies. Can't believe how badly they field these days? Indians were never great but have always been good at catching. People forget but the Aussie catching has been pretty dodgy in the India Australia clashes. Their ground fielding is good but no hits at the wicket and they drop way too many catches.

It was bad today ... but in general we arent too bad in the slips. I reckon its our general ground fielding that needs improving. Like figuring out the correct angles to best attack the ball so as to prevent the extra run and such. Those things are the main things we need to fix up.

ravi, Aus fielding may have dropped. Does not mean ours can drop some as well. I am talking just abt our catching here, not comparing with Aus.
Not "May", it sure has. Well, Indian fielding and catching is never thought to be of great standard is it?
If there has been drop in standards' date=' it has to be from the Aussies. Can't believe how badly they field these days?[b'] Indians were never great but have always been good at catching. People forget but the Aussie catching has been pretty dodgy in the India Australia clashes. Their ground fielding is good but no hits at the wicket and they drop way too many catches.
good point Guys never set expectations high, that way you'll never be disappointed

^ difficult but they have a strong batting lineup n tail can bat too this shud have been a sealed series by now, but isn't...that's why I posted the above...we were close to sealing it thanx to sehwag, but flab4 did not apply themselves 100% thx to msd n hs, match not fully in aus favor,

^ difficult but they have a strong batting lineup n tail can bat too this shud have been a sealed series by now, but isn't...that's why I posted the above...we were close to sealing it thanx to sehwag, but flab4 did not apply themselves 100% thx to msd n hs, match not fully in aus favor,
Shut your trash, will you ? Who scored in the first innings ?
fab 4 except dravid batted beautifully in 1st innings to set up the win,so they desrve the win as much as anyone else
getting 100,50s in 1st inn and being irresponsible in 2nd inn is ok, is it? blue-brig, :finger:
Why are you so thick headed ? Tendulkar, SCG, VVS have failed for the first time in 2nd innings in this series. Why the eff are you nitpicking about this failure ? Do you follow cricket at all ?