Australia vs South Africa build up

Cricketics

I was originally hoping for south africa to win, but since those comments by mickey, I very much dislike the south africans, as it shows his cockiness that he can draw in India while Australia can lose. RSA have better players atm while Australia have got hayden the oldy, punter not in form and not a great bowling attack atm and that it was a bowlers paradise in INDIA. Hope punter gets back in form and smashes dale steyn around the park and lee/krezja bowls smith leg an off stump.

Australia will likely persist with Symonds over Watson. Symonds is like the golden child. They dropped him from for India - and lost the series. So they're unlikely to ever drop him again, regardless of him having done nothing in Shield and Ford Ranger Cup matches this season to warrant a recall.

I posted this inanother thread. Posting it again... I wish it turns out to be shoddy series, where both teams scrap through for draws and do not have any major performance from any player. series should be 0-0 after 2 matches and last test should go to Aus, however, there should be lot of controversial decisions going in Australia's favor thus taking the gloss off the win. At the end of the series, neither team should feel that they deserved to win the series. If Australia win by a narrow margin at home, they will get only few points and that will keep them well within our (India's) reach on the ICC Ranking table. But SA will complain for the rest of the year about how they were deprived of the chance to win the last test due to umpiring errors. Only then it will dawn to the world that we were indeed right in forcing Steve Bucknor to step down after Sydney test. SA wil remain with the same points and we would over take them inthe table by virtue of beating England 2-0.