Countdown to 414

Guest Hiten.

Big blow for South Africa - Ashwell Prince isnt playing. He's almost the PERFECT sorta player for these type situations and conditions. That definitely tilts the scales massively in favor of Australia. Tomorrow, whatever be the game situation ( even if the Saffies finish lunch at 320/2), Aussies are just one wicket away from pushing for victory.

Big blow for South Africa - Ashwell Prince isnt playing. He's almost the PERFECT sorta player for these type situations and conditions.
Yes...true...Duminy his replacement was unlucky to get out in the first innings and I don't really know what to make of him...but his first class record is not bad and this is what cricinfo has on his profile: http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausvrsa2008_09/content/current/player/44932.html
A slightly built stylish top-order left-hand batsman, Jean-Paul Duminy was rewarded for his consistent domestic performances with a place in the Test and one-day squads for South Africa's tour to Sri Lanka in 2004. Better known as JP, he broke into a strong Western Province side during the 2001-02 domestic season. Just 20 years of age, his potential was always evident and came to the fore in the South African Under-19 tour to England in 2003. Coming in when his side hadn't avoided the follow-on in the second match, he stroked a fine 116 under pressure. In the 2003-04 domestic season, he displayed maturity beyond his age, scoring two first-class centuries as well as three fifties and finished with an average of 72.57. No slouch when it comes to the shorter format of the game, he ended up with an average of 69.5. His part-time offbreaks have also come in handy. Duminy made his one-day debut during South Africa's tour of Sri Lanka in 2004 and played five one-day matches, with little success. Two years later, he was recalled to the national squad a three-match contest against Zimbabwe at home but struggled to nail down a full-time slot. However, a place in the Twenty20 World Championship squad showed he was very much part of South Africa's plans, and he proved his immense potential with a well-crafted 79 against West Indies the following year.
And then Boucher after that is a fighter...so SA have to make a good start tomorrow...early wickets and I reckon it's all over. The bulk of the scoring will have to be done by the two currently at the crease...Kallis and DeVilliers.
OZs are gonna lose :two_thumbs_up:
dont think so.once this partnership is broken u cant expect too much from duminy n boucher and rest.they were blown away in first innings,they would be blown away again.187 are still lots of runs i want aussies to win ,bcoz if saffies chase this down,it would demean our chase of chennai:--D

Come on Rox...SA are underdogs and have been copping a lot of brow beating over here about being chokers and failing against Australia...having psychological wounds from previous tours etc etc...wouldn't you just love to see them put that all to rest? As far as the Chennai chase goes...it stands up well on it's own as does India's test ranking...if we want to be at the top, we got to keep winning and not expect competitors to lose. So I don't begrudge SA anything and I hope they can pull it off...

Come on Rox...SA are underdogs and have been copping a lot of brow beating over here about being chokers and failing against Australia...having psychological wounds from previous tours etc etc...wouldn't you just love to see them put that all to rest? As far as the Chennai chase goes...it stands up well on it's own as does India's test ranking...if we want to be at the top, we got to keep winning and not expect competitors to lose. So I don't begrudge SA anything and I hope they can pull it off...
Exactly. Besides scoring in India has always been harder than in OZ, specially in the last innings. I wanna see OZ dominance ending, Indians have already damaged that, now saffies are on their way to do their part.
i wont mind anybody winning but its gonna be mighty difficult for sa. the chennai chase comment was in lighter vein.nothin serious.

Yes...that is the case Anakin. And it would be great if the playing field were levelled and Aus knocked of their high perch by more teams. This does not diminish India's pioneering effort in being the first in...it makes it greater in fact. India has shown the way, the others are trying to follow...India broke the psychological barrier.

i wont mind anybody winning but its gonna be mighty difficult for sa.
I agree. Aus are still favourites at this stage. I am just hoping that SA do make it.