Early Whinging and 'left arm filth' from Pietersen

Holysmoke

Yuvi a pie-chucker, left arm filth: Pietersen Kevin Pietersen was at his provocative best at the end of the third day's play. In a clear attempt to add more spice to the ongoing verbal tussle between Yuvi and a few English players, he ridiculed Yuvraj's bowling, reports Anand Vasu. More... Yuvi a pie-chucker, left arm filth: Pietersen Anand Vasu, Hindustan Times Mohali, December 21, 2008 First Published: 21:14 IST(21/12/2008) Last Updated: 01:29 IST(22/12/2008) Kevin Pietersen was at his provocative best at the end of the third day's play. In a clear attempt to add more spice to the ongoing verbal tussle between Yuvraj and a few English players, he ridiculed Yuvraj's bowling. Pietersen said he was not surprised when Dhoni brought Yuvraj on as soon as he walked in. "When the ball was swinging around, a guy like Zaheer, one of the best bowlers I have ever faced, not bowling and a pie-chucker like Yuvi bowling you don't mind," said Pietersen. "Zaheer is a fantastic bowler bowling…and left-arm filth from other end…you don't mind." Even if said in a lighter vein, you don't hear phrases like "pie-chucker" and "left-arm filth" often in an international game. Given that Yuvraj has had success against Pietersen both in ODIs and Tests, Gary Kirsten could only chuckle when he heard Pietersen's description of Yuvraj's bowling. "Yuvi's got him out a couple of times," said Kirsten, suppressing a giggle. "You can get out to pie-chuckers as well. Yuvraj is a effective bowler. We are starting to see in international cricket that the slider is becoming a more effective delivery because umpires are now giving batsmen out when they take a stride and it hits them in line." Pietersen's tone quickly returned to one of respect when asked about where the game stood at the moment, in the light of India's two late strikes. "I am afraid we are out of the Test, it's difficult to win the game from here," said Pietersen. "If we could have batted a session more tomorrow we could have forced ourselves into the game. Now we will be happy to get a draw out of the game." Pietersen's switch-hitting antics have sparked off a debate over whether the move gives the batsman undue advantage and while Kirsten admired the stroke, he called for a closer look at switch-hitting. "It is an unbelievable shot. Pietersen is a master of it. It is very exciting for the game but they are going to have to do something about the laws, I believe because it is a serious advantage to the batsman," said Kirsten. "I think they have to give something to the bowler in terms of the lbw." Pietersen himself saw the tactic not as risky but as something that fetched him runs. "I bring the shot out when fielders are in certain positions. When you pack the leg-side the scoring options are on the off-side and I bat left-handed," said Pietersen. "That's how I did it in ODIs and that's what I do in Tests. I don't see it as a risky shot but a scoring option."

Early Whinging and 'left arm filth' from Pietersen It must be a record for earliest whinging in a test for a loss. Pieterson whinged about his LBW decision and also about the light in Freddie's dismissal. He says they are out of the test. Why the last 4 wkts can get them to 353 another 70 odd runs and then with only 100 runs lead, they can make inroad in Indian batting and keep the d5 score to gettabale limits 320 or so and still win the match. Cricinfo makes a big deal about Dhoni's negative bowling. It's not his invention, anyway. For ages, Captains have contained scoring when 2 batsmen have been going at the bowling for a long time. The working of his tactic is only attributed to his luck. What a bunch of apologists!

It must be a record for earliest whinging in a test for a loss. Pieterson whinged about his LBW decision and also about the light in Freddie's dismissal. He says they are out of the test. Why the last 4 wkts can get them to 353 another 70 odd runs and then with only 100 runs lead, they can make inroad in Indian batting and keep the d5 score to gettabale limits 320 or so and still win the match. Cricinfo makes a big deal about Dhoni's negative bowling. It's not his invention, anyway. For ages, Captains have contained scoring when 2 batsmen have been going at the bowling for a long time. The working of his tactic is only attributed to his luck. What a bunch of apologists!
:omg:when did he bowl?

its not about containing but the way u contain the batsman.bowling six feet outside off n leg stump is not done.u gotta make the batsman play on most occasions.i think the rules should be tweaked so that umpires can call it wide wen bowlers deliberstely bowl outside leg or off. test cricket is already in danger.it cant afford such boring styles of play.