MVP of this year

graphic23

I would say the qualifications would be the "excellence" displayed but also how much have they contributed to team wins and improved from previous year as well. I think, Ishant Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin, and Dhoni all deserve it in one way or other. But if I had to choose just 1 person, it would be Gautam Gambhir. - Scored 400+ in the CB Series including that brilliant century (albeit in a losing cause) against Australia. - Played decently well in Asia/Kitply Cups - Amazing for the SL trip as a test opener. Was second only to Sehwag. - Awesome Australia Series (463 runs in just 3 matches!) - Awesome England Series (both ODI and test series) Its not a huge deal but he played really well in IPL too. He has been a bit clusmy in the field - but his batting has been very very consistent in all forms of the game. ========================================================= I will just mention Sachin cause he's God and he deserves a mention. vs. Australia in Australia, he had a terrific series 493 runs in 4 test matches (66, 154*, 72, 153 - all in the 1st innings of all four test matches (in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide) deserves a mention). (CB Series) He scored that awesome 117* in the 1st final and 91 in the 2nd final. (SA) He played one match against SA and scored a duck in Chennai (WTF.) Didn't play in the subsequent ODI series until SL Test Series (where he unfortunately, didn't have a good time - I think one of his first times where he went through a series without a half century). Was awesome vs. Australia at home. He had made two high 40s in the 2nd innings at Bangalore and Delhi. We won at Mohali and scored a century at Nagpur. He scored a 68 in Delhi first innings(was a scintillating one) and a 88 in Mohali. He got the highest test run scorer stat to his name now. Was good in the 2 or 3 games he played against England in ODI series. Had a great first test match and a poor 2nd one. But thats ok. :P

I have been supporting him for ages on different boards and i am finally happy to see him gain and cement his place in Indian test side. one by one he cemented his place in each and every international cricket format, from 2020, to ODIS and to the GReat Test Match Cricket in Fielding, he had some good days and had some not so good days, but he has still been a good fielder over all for me. he has droppe catches, but isn't that bad a fielder. has been athletic and has been little bit off-color. Batsman of the year for TEAM INDIA.. PLAYER OF THE YEAR FOR ME

well yes he has been our Mr.Consistent for the past 1 and a half years..but i guess Zak too deserves all the praise and also is one of our MVP..this man has been brilliant and even when there is no assistance in the pitch his economy has been too good..he is the worlds best bowler at the moment without any doubt

In all honesty have to say Zak. He has been the best bowler this year and done exceptionally well, no bolwer has done as well outside sub continet IMO. emerging player prob i would say ajantha mendis. Gambhir IMO is either 1st or second, cause really Smith for RSA has been in fab form weather it be in Aus, Eng and even India not to mention he is captain.

What about MSD?
As a captain, he's been phenomenal. As a batsman in ODIs, he's been amazing (he is the #1 cricketer). As a wicketkeeper too, he's had a good year. His batting in tests has been improving (he's a far better batsman now) but he hasn't had quite the year that Gambhir or Sehwag or the others had.