Cricket ka Dharmayudh

fineleg

Thanks for speaking what you really feel Lurker - I admire the honesty. I really do. Despite you and I have had disagreements on some issues in the past (and sometimes even now), and despite you knowing what you wrote above will not be "in synch with majority" here, you still wrote what you feel. Hats off :hatsoff: Exactly - that too I did not "try to impose on zub" as he sometimes claims, all I made was my suggestion to change it to rename from Pics of God to Pics of SRT. And satishg had to jump in, and MM had to do some psych. analysis, and then they do all this, and claim I am somehow responsible for the derailing. PS: Lurker - you wrote: "Calling SRT a 'God' is a big time irritant to me, and I suppose for a lot of people"...In general populace, I think you are right. But in ICF, only a few find it as irritant. The rest seem to join in the bhajan singing and relish it :roll:
did anyone notice the arselickin here??? u muz get into politics.. u ll do a goodjob..

did anyone notice the arselickin here??? u muz get into politics.. u ll do a goodjob..
No, but we notice that you do that on SRT. And, stop using filthy language in trying to verbally abuse here. And I do appreciate Lurker for stepping up and stating what he did. He is neither my acquaintance, nor is he someone I always agree with. He could have usually chosen to keep his feeling to himself, and not "ruffle the gang out here" by voicing his opinion which in this case happens to be the irritation that I share on this 'God' thing as well. That takes honesty and being able to separate past issues or disagreements, from the present issue at hand. And, he did that. Same goes to people like jf1_gp1, sree_india who have stated this irritation with God thing also.

Every person has the right to worship whoever they want You choose your god, I'll choose mine Don't tell me I can't worship someone just because you believe that person is not god If you believe that, why don't you go about and start telling people who don't follow the same religion as you to stop worshiping whatever god they do worship

First of all this is not a separate thread. There was one post I made on the other (Pics of God) thread suggesting the thread be renamed to Pics of SRT. Only after others started attacking me for that, then I responded and the posts increased. Finally this thread was created from the other one, and it is not a separate thread to begin with. If you think the mere suggestion that the thread can be named 'Pics of SRT' is sufficient for all and sundry to start attacking me and do a psych analysis on me, then obviously you are missing the extreme reaction to the suggestion, and only blaming me for responding to the psych analysis babble from MM and others. For your reference: here was the one post to which all and sundry started attacks and/or shrink doctor stuff: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=563713&postcount=20 and that was part of this thread: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=138591
Please spare me the psychobabble....you knew exactly what that comment would achieve and that was the reason you made that comment. In fact the OP pretty much made it clear in the thread that it would happen, and it did and the source was predictable. If people consider Tendulkar a God(forget about a cricket God, let's say they consider him a real God) WTF is your problem with it and why do you keep derailing threads because of it? You already started some thread some time back about whether Tendulkar is a God, why didn't you bump that up to have a discussion instead of derailing yet another thread? So, yes this thread is your creation otherwise a thread trying to encapsulate the best moments of Tendulkar in pictures would have had 90% of it's posts off topic.

^ I disagree with you on that view you have stated. And, regarding bumping another thread, I'm not sure if I created a thread on whether Tendulkar is a 'God' or not. Anyway, your view on this issue as to who is the reason for this is stated, and you are firm on that.

In anycase, I have made the decision not to bother again if any of you folks call SRT or whoever a God. I'm gonna ignore that. Its futile trying to point out the OTT-ness, and I wont bother commenting on that again. Keep calling him God happily. I dont care anymore about that - i've tried to point out, it does not work with some. Not going to argue that anymore. To each, his or her own.

In anycase, I have made the decision not to bother again if any of you folks call SRT or whoever a God. I'm gonna ignore that. Its futile trying to point out the OTT-ness, and I wont bother commenting on that again. Keep calling him God happily. I dont care anymore about that. Not going to argue that anymore.
SESr9D5Gd7A

In anycase, I have made the decision not to bother again if any of you folks call SRT or whoever a God. I'm gonna ignore that. Its futile trying to point out the OTT-ness, and I wont bother commenting on that again. Keep calling him God happily. I dont care anymore about that - i've tried to point out, it does not work with some. Not going to argue that anymore. To each, his or her own.
Its not 'OTT-ness'(?!) if any of us call Sachin 'God', its just that it doesnt get into your head as to why we do that. Doesnt matter, good to see you've made this decision. I hope you have a habit of staying true to your own words. If you do, no one will bother you.

Doesnt matter, good to see you've made this decision. I hope you have a habit of staying true to your own words. If you do, no one will bother you.
Yes, I will stay true to my words. (if on the chance, i forget anytime and comment on the God thing again, feel free to remind me of my decision, and i will immediately delete my comment - i will get pwned for having forgotten my own commitment in that case, so thats my incentive to stay away from SRT-God thingy). Basically, I dont want to waste my time and energy in trying to drive more practical and realistic thinking into other folks - keep folks grounded without going overgaga on something or someone. If folks want they'll be grounded in their views, on their own. If they want to live in fantasy la-la land, upto them.

^ I disagree with you on that view you have stated. And' date=' regarding bumping another thread, I'm not sure if I created a thread on whether Tendulkar is a 'God' or not. Anyway, your view on this issue as to who is the reason for this is stated, and you are firm on that.[/quote'] Here is the thread you created, but given the amount of trolling that you do I am not surprised you forgot about it : http://indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=88197

I agree that Prof is the expert in excavating old threads :D And now that I have made commitment not to interfere in the SRT-God thing anymore, I'm sure I can't forget my commitment, since Prof has this thread marked for excavation later too :) SRT is God, and I'll learn to live with it.

I agree that Prof is the expert in excavating old threads :D And now that I have made commitment not to interfere in the SRT-God thing anymore, I'm sure I can't forget my commitment, since Prof has this thread marked for excavation later too :) SRT is God, and I'll learn to live with it.
Did you seek his blessings yet ? :winky:

@ OP: it depends on how u define god.to me,god is someone who i can relate to,who inspires me.one who i have seen doing great things.i dont wanna worship somebody who only exists in fantasy,whom achievements i have to read in scriptures,without being sure of its truthfulness. if i dont have a Problem with people worshipping Rama,Krishna or Allah,then tgere shouldnt be any problem if i worship sachin.Rama,Krishna are hindu gods.SACHIN IS A CRICKET GOD(atleast to me)

^^ For me, he is a real god. I've got a Sachin Chalisa which I read after I bathe in the morning. Then, I chadao two balls(one Duke and one SG) to the marble Sachin murti I have in my temple. Then, I take a spoonful of milk to my deity's murti. If he drinks the milk, then I know he is happy with me and that I can go to work. If he doesn't, I am horrified and I spend the entire day in penance and self flagellate myself by watching Rahul Dravid bat.

^^ For me, he is a real god. I've got a Sachin Chalisa which I read after I bathe in the morning. Then, I chadao two balls(one Duke and one SG) to the marble Sachin murti I have in my temple. Then, I take a spoonful of milk to my deity's murti. If he drinks the milk, then I know he is happy with me and that I can go to work. If he doesn't, I am horrified and I spend the entire day in penance and self flagellate myself by watching Rahul Dravid bat.
:hysterical::hysterical: