Celebrating 10 years of All-ten Kumble

diegovegaz

surprisingly, i didn't find a thread on this and it is my duty to bring it into light Kumble became only the second player in the history of the game after Jim Laker to take 10 wickets in an innings. Today is exactly 10 years from the day the feat was achieved. What a moment it was! Relive the fall of wickets and doff your hat off to the Jumbo. Shahid Afridi c Mongia b Kumble 41 (Pakistan 101-1) Ijaz Ahmed lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 101-2) Inzamam-ul-Haq b Kumble 6 (Pakistan 115-3) Yousuf Youhana lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 115-4) Moin Khan c Ganguly b Kumble 3 (Pakistan 127-5) Saeed Anwar c Laxman b Kumble 69 (Pakistan 128-6) Saleem Malik b Kumble 15 (Pakistan 186-7) Mushtaq Ahmed c Dravid b Kumble 1 (Pakistan 198-8) Saqlain Mushtaq lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 198-9) Wasim Akram c Laxman b Kumble 37 (Pakistan 207-10)

I am so glad that I decided to continue watching the game despite Afridi and Anwar onslaught. Never again will I get to see a 10-fer in one bloody innings. AK :hail:

Celebrating 10 years of All-ten Kumble New Delhi: Ten years ago on a lazy February Sunday afternoon, Anil Kumble wrote his name into the record books as he spun India to a famous win over Pakistan at the Feroze Shah Kotla in Delhi. Just a week before, India had gone down by an agonising 12 runs in Chennai to give Pakistan a 1-0 lead in the two-Test series. Chasing 420 to win in Delhi, Pakistan got off to a great start with Saeed Anwar and Shahid Afridi putting on a hundred without loss. The visitors would have thought they would wrap it up in style, but one man had different plans. Anil Kumble got the first breakthrough when he had Afridi caught behind by Nayan Mongia. And then there was no stopping Jumbo. He ran through the lineup to finish with an innings haul of 10 for 74. Kumble became only the second player in the history of the game after Jim Laker to take 10 wickets in an innings. Today is exactly 10 years from the day the feat was achieved. What a moment it was! Relive the fall of wickets and doff your hat off to the Jumbo. Shahid Afridi c Mongia b Kumble 41 (Pakistan 101-1) Ijaz Ahmed lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 101-2) Inzamam-ul-Haq b Kumble 6 (Pakistan 115-3) Yousuf Youhana lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 115-4) Moin Khan c Ganguly b Kumble 3 (Pakistan 127-5) Saeed Anwar c Laxman b Kumble 69 (Pakistan 128-6) Saleem Malik b Kumble 15 (Pakistan 186-7) Mushtaq Ahmed c Dravid b Kumble 1 (Pakistan 198-8) Saqlain Mushtaq lbw Kumble 0 (Pakistan 198-9) Wasim Akram c Laxman b Kumble 37 (Pakistan 207-10) :dance::yay:B->:two_thumbs_up::omg::clap::hatsoff::dance:

This was pure carnage. We took revenge for a very close loss in the first test by pounding the Pakis at Kotla. The p'ship between Ganguly and Srinath took the game away from Pak. And unfortunately for the hapless Pakis, AK's record can only be equalled, not broken. :cantstop:

One of the greatest days if you're an Indian cricket fan. I remember seeing this innings live with my Dad, in our home. That feeling of euphoria when Kumble took the 10th wicket was rarely ever matched again. The only other time I was so excited at an Indian performance was Sachin's 'Desert Storm' special.