Pakistan's bowling attack in test against Lanka

Cricketics

not really...i mean asides from sharma there isn't anyone faster than sohail or gul...heck i'll bet gul has hit 150 more often than sharma who only managed to get close to it in australia. calling sharma an express bowler is like saying pathan is a fast medium cuz he once hit 142 k.
The real question is does the speed really matter without bowling substance?
The real question is does the speed really matter without bowling substance?
Well from Day 1 every fast bowler was dropping it in wide at least once per over. It's a slow wicket so scoring at 4/5 and over should be pretty difficult, especially with the old ball but it's not so bad when the bowlers give you a boundary ball once per over. That's the most pathetic part, the bowlers at no point were able to put any sustained pressure on the batsmen and the only times the run rate dipped below 4 consistently was when facing the new ball or just before lunch/tea/stumps when the batsmen chose not to score. It was utter rubbish bowling.
It truly was a little painful to watch our pacers not doing well and bowling pie chuckers and paceless deliveries, those qualities don't exist in our fast bowlers, they belong to the pacers from our neighboring country :--D:--D Pakistani bowlers were just rusty (apart from Kaneria who's usually cr*p). We will come back strong. Pitch is pretty awful too, not helping much.
wow! in deed ur bowlers came back verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry strongly. they looked almost like supermen-only difference being the underwear was visible outside but the rest of the dress was in tatters due to the pasting by SL batsmen and running behind leather for 2 days! let us see how ur batsmen do in the next days.last heard they had sorted out Mendis!

Afridi fans who were dismayed at their idols non - inclusion in the test lineup have proceeded to buy a copy of Afridi's latest biography, written by good mate Shoaib Akhtar. It is believed Akhtar was working on the project ever since Afridi got involved in the Asif - Akhtar spat fail-owned-kid-book-fail.jpg Afridi for his part, tried to drown his sorrows by heading to the nearest brothel, where the following conversation took place: fail-owned-marriage-fail.jpg

I've not paid that much attention to the radar here, but I haven't seen either Sohail or Gul going near/over 140 with any sort of regularity. I've seen quite a few from Arafat in the 120s as well. By Kriterion's logic, wouldn't that just mean Arafat's a medium pacer and Gul/Sohail are medium-fast?
arafat is a medium pacer...he's listed as right arm medium by cricinfo, which of course doesn't necessarily mean anything...but the fact he's never mentioned on PP indicates that he has no pace whatsoever. it may be true that sohail/gul didn't go over 140 with regularity, but ishant regularily bowls at 137-141 which is fast medium, even though i do consider it "genuinely quick". however thats far from express which is "regularly" 150+ (by which definition only shaun tait can be classed as an "express" bowler). but ishan't isn't even "regularly" 145 which is what i consider "right/left arm fast". only steyn, lee, johnson, harmison (of old), fidel/jerome, morkel, siddle, malinga perhaps, maybe fernando also fit this bill. ishant, gul, sohail, as well as wahab riaz, flintoff, damika prasad, chris martin, and a host of others are "regularily" 140 k bowlers, which is like a 3rd tier of pace. but then again the top tier has just tait and the shoaib and lee of old. also, its a matter of what is defined as "regular". is it hitting a specific speed 4-5 times per spell? twice per over? average pace? you can't really use average since deliberate slower balls bring that pace down, etc.