Younus closes in on Lara record

Rajiv

Flat Pitches' date=' i would like to see a Reverse fixture between these two, i think we can expect some BAWing there !!![/quote'] if its not a flat pitch how did they score 600 runs whereas we scored only 200+... the fact is our middle order feckup big time.. bunch of wussies.. the main culprit being Drawid...
the only player who deserves a 400 in tests' date=' even 500 is [b']VIRENDER SEHWAG. he is the only player who bats 100% selflessly & 0% of selfish approach in his batting. and sehwag wont take more than 450 balls to get 400 & will get there in only 4-5 sessions
@m1t$, is that an MRF in your pocket?
if its not a flat pitch how did they score 600 runs whereas we scored only 200+... the fact is our middle order feckup big time.. bunch of wussies.. the main culprit being Drawid...
they ALL (including your god) had EPIC FAIL.. not 1 persons fault.. though dravid needs runs BADLY in nzl series.

I hope he doesnt get the record. In fact i hope hes out in the first few overs of the match. Why ? Coz hes a Paki , period. But rest assured the scaredy cat umpires will probably help him reach 400, theyre probably **** scared of getting blown to bits if they give him out. YK will never be the batsman Lara was, okay so Lara made the epic quadruple on a flat deck, how about the umpteen centuries he made on fast decks when timber was falling all around. Lara was a spectacular batsman on any wicket, its only obvious he was even greater on a flat one. This Younus pfft Khan can get stuffed, nice guy or not, his team is made up of scoundrals cant make up for the one odd decent guy.

There couldnt be a better Pakistani to score a triple century but then again, the whole match was just a borefest and generally speaking, a waste of life. If he does get that record, it'll be as worthless and meaningless as Lara's 400 and 365 and Hayden's 380.

I dont mind a batsman of Lara's class breaking the record but Younis' date=' NO. I agree he is a good batsman but the Prince deserves the record to stay on for a while. He has given a lot more to the world of cricket than most of the players.[/quote'] if he can break it, he deserves it

With the wind taken out the Pakistani middle order with the ouster of Inzamam and Mohammad Yousuf, it is left to Younis Khan to steer Pakistan's ship. Always smiling on the field yet being a frustrating competitor for the opposition, Younis begins his captaincy tenure on a positive note. Whether he breaks Lara's record or not, he is leading Pakistan forward.

Younis is not leading Pakistan forward but has just been one strong pillar on which a debacle is resting. Younis Khan deserves to surpass Lara's 400 for the sheer determination he displays although it would be befitting for someone like the class of Lara to hang on to it. The only cricketer from Pakistan that knows to conduct well, knows his limitations and makes no massive claims. No wonder he is successfull. Pakistan needs more players like him if they are going to even think about emulating their past glory. He is an excellent role model alas Pakistan cricket public don't quite look up to him as much as they look up to say Afridi or Akthar. Both non performers and drama queens seem to get a lot of attention even from the Cricket board while the likes of Younis Khan are treated not as well as he should be. Anyways good luck to him, if he does get to 400 he will be the only Pakistani player in the current set up I wouldn't mind breaking the record.