The Vegetarians/Vegans of ICF

Cricketics

I have noticed that for mixed couples (one non-veg, other veg), the kids mostly will be non-veg. Also, in most such cases, the non-veg person is usually a guy, girls are more conservative about their vegetarianism. Also, most such girls are so amazing they actually wash and cook non-veg for their partners, something which some non-veg eaters are reluctant to do. Also, more and more of vegetarian youths are ready to try and take up non-veg so I assume the number of vegetarians are declining in India. According to wiki, only 31% of India are currently vegetarians with another 9% who only eat eggs. So 60% of the country are non-vegetarians. Though am assuming most of them would only be eating chicken and that too very occasionaly
That's very true. My wife was a vegetarian and continued that way even after we got married but 2-3 years later she gave it a try and was ok with it and gradually developed taste and now she loves bacon, chicken and had quail the other day. Her change was because she is allergic to daals so she needed protein from some other source plus she used to be very religious which is not the case anymore. I never tried to change her but people still tell me "you changed her"

depends on the mood :P For the first 9 years of my life i was a non vegetarian then the next 6 years vegetarian then the next 2 years non vegetarian then the next 5 years vegetarian
So you mood changes an average every few years? :hmmm:

Non-veggie till I was 12 yo. Used to like fish, mutton and kababs especially. Converted to veggie (nobody asked me to convert) at 12 and since then, a feeling of disgust for non-veg food has grown on me. I do eat eggs once a couple of months on average.

At home, except Tuesday, rest all days, we were allowed to eat non - veg. That one day I used to have it outside, offcourse without telling my mom. I can not survive without non veg for more than 3 days. Now when I am living alone, I eat non veg everyday :yay:

Preference is a personal choice but the narcissism and moral superiority card played by some vegetarians is disgusting and downright pathetic. Here's an incident -
as you yourself said its personal choice.. but its difficult for those who are vegans by birth to share their dinner table with those eating meat.
^^ radical vegetarianism. Just being a vegetarian doesn't make you a better person. Hitler was believed to be vegetarian. That alone should be enough to get the judgmental vegetarians off their"moral superiority " high horse.
Hitler's vegetarianism may been due to Richard Wagner's historical theories, or even a psychological reaction to his niece's death rather than a commitment to animal welfare There are despots like Polpot who was a Vegan & one cardinal who was a contender for papacy even claimed that Anti-Christ is a vegan :hysterical: :WTF:
Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, 71, said that the modern Antichrist, identified in the Book of Revelation as a seven-headed beast, was most likely now disguised as a philanthropist supporting creeds like vegetarianism, animal rights or pacifism, or advocating dialogue with Orthodox or Anglican believers. But his true aim was to undermine the Catholic church, the Cardinal argued.

as you yourself said its personal choice.. but its difficult for those who are vegans by birth to share their dinner table with those eating meat.
No one can be a vegan "by birth" - you have a choice; particularly if you can earn your bread. That notwithstanding, if your proposition is true it should also be difficult for a non-vegetarian to share their table with those who do not eat meat too.

^^^ But since vegeterians are the ones with special needs' date=' shouldn't they be the ones who should go the extra mile? Not letting non-veg people in their apartments,[b'] not sitting with them while eating, etc is discrimination in my eyes
:WTF: i sit with my non-veg friends all the time when they eat meat...

Even for converted vegetarian like me, I feel disgusted sitting with someone for lunch in office eating non-veg, at both the smell and sight of it. For my birthday parties a few times, people have ordered and eaten non-veg on my money feels even more crap.

No one can be a vegan "by birth" - you have a choice; particularly if you can earn your bread. That notwithstanding' date= if your proposition is true it should also be difficult for a non-vegetarian to share their table with those who do not eat meat too.
Think you know what I meant by Vegans by "birth".. you are indoctrinated with some philosophies & moral codes by your parents & once you become accustomed to it, you start having prejudices about food/relegion etc etc. Personally I eat almost everyday with my peers who are mostly non-veg. Its the people of my parents age who generally have a problem. May be in a few years time, this will disappear. Till then, tolerance :--D

Think you know what I meant by Vegans by "birth".. you are indoctrinated with some philosophies & moral codes by your parents & once you become accustomed to it, you start having prejudices about food/relegion etc etc. Personally I eat almost everyday with my peers who are mostly non-veg. Its the people of my parents age who generally have a problem. May be in a few years time, this will disappear. Till then, tolerance :--D
You are confusing vegans and vegeterians, aren't you? Am sure you drink milk

For my birthday parties a few times' date=' people have ordered and eaten non-veg on my money feels even more crap.[/quote'] That's like saying I ordered ice-cream for my team but felt like crap when someone ordered a flavor I didn't like. If you have a mental block against something, it's your problem, no body else's and the other person shouldn't have to bend to your whims

I understand your point about prejudices. What is your opinion on the last part of my previous post? In particular, "it should also be difficult for a non-vegetarian to share their table with those who do not eat meat too." FYI - I have nothing against vegetarians and have spent considerable amount of my life with vegans as well. Just that, they weren't narcissists.