Congrats Australia for winning

lol try to jinx however you want. Australia is in a very strong position to not to lose the game from here. happy for Australia. P.S - I am in no way wanting saf to turn the game around. Always supported Australia from the time series began. Saf fans deserve to see this defeat. they were jumping a lot.

no jinxing here. wanted to be first one to congratulate. Aussies have dominated the series, that innings of Johnson turned the series on his head and Aussies have not given an inch after that. Are they really back? or was RSA too complacent?

yes.. it is commandable.. most of us thought.. ponting was only as good as his fellow legend team mates were.. and after them retiring, his side would be sliding down.. but he lead remarkably well.. i hate to say it.. but mr. ponting.. job well done..

So many of us thought Aus will get thrashed in SA. But they are a champion sporting country Aus - they are snobbish and we hate them, but brilliant sportsmen with excellent skills and training and they keep coming into the team one after another. Aus cannot be dislodged easily :hatsoff: @m!t$ predicts Aus will drop to ranking #9 :giggle:

South Africa talked too much, were over confident and as usual couldn't dominate the Aussies in two series in a row. Aussies on the other hand with rookie players have made a terrific come back and beaten the Saffies hands down in the first test, on their way to beat the Saffies again in the second. India can feel good they were a better match to Aussies than the Saffies. Amazing resolve the Aussies have. After they had lost Ashes to England they beat them 5-0 in the return tour. Now the Aussies stand a chance to white wash the Saffies. The competition to get to the top of the ranking now is fierce between India, Australia and South Africa. Pity we won't see these countries playing against each other in the near future after this current series.

On the same note Ponting is not able to produce big innings often and his batting has gone a bit down hill over the last couple of series or two. Hussey's down fall has been drastic. He's hardly able to produce a decent knock in this series while the likes of Hughes and North are scoring runs quite easily.

personally I feel RSA did not prepare well. none of them played a first class game before 1st test' date=' they wanted to rest, alright, but they should have played one game to hit their strap[/quote'] I think a tour of Australia is definitely a draining one for any country. We suffered a slump against the SA at home after coming from Australia, and now the SA facing it in the current series.
Guest Hiten.

I predicted Australia to win the series before it began. RSA got too cocky and got complacent as expected. Their bowling lacked fire and batting fell out of sorts (minus Graeme). To a certain extent their fielding has been patchy, which according to me is their biggest asset. Mitchell Johnson has to be hailed because he has not only provided Australians breakthroughs but he batted superbly in the last game to extent their lead to an unassailable lead. Mitchell did one more favor for the Australians by knocking Smith out of the 2nd test and 3rd test. Without Smith, RSA are not the same unit who fight till the end. Whitewash is certainly on the cards.

I predicted Australia to win the series before it began. RSA got too cocky and got complacent as expected. Their bowling lacked fire and batting fell out of sorts (minus Graeme). To a certain extent their fielding has been patchy, which according to me is their biggest asset. Mitchell Johnson has to be hailed because he has not only provided Australians breakthroughs but he batted superbly in the last game to extent their lead to an unassailable lead. Mitchell did one more favor for the Australians by knocking Smith out of the 2nd test and 3rd test. Without Smith, RSA are not the same unit who fight till the end. Whitewash is certainly on the cards.
This I don't mind but Ian O'Brien's ball hitting Sachin in the abs causing him to miss out on an inevitable 200 makes me :(( There is no way Sachin would have missed out on the double century if he didn't have to retire hurt Anyway kudos to Mitchell for his great bowling and I am only kidding about Ian O'Brien; I just wanted to see SRT go over 194 and then be the one to score the first double in ODIs. If there is anyone who deserves it, it is HIM!!!

Ricky Ponting has finally managed to shut his mouth and has led his team in a very commendable manner..i just cant remember a series where Ricky has been like this ever before..anyway a great performance by the Australian team and it shows the mental fortitude of the aussies..man they always back themselves to come back from watever situation..all the fringe players have done exceedingly well..although the saffies were over confident, u still have to capitalize on it and the Australians have done exactly that..i am actually happy for Oz..i thought i wud never say this but i actually felt that the Australians deserved to win this series..