The only unresolved question of our team

Ram

The only unresolved question of our team  

1. 1.

• Munaf Patel
    • Balaji
    • Dhawal Kulkarni
    • Will go in with 2 Spinners

I dont think they will decorate our Test wins by laying over green tops.....We have SRT, RD and VVS, one of the best players.... but out bowlers are good enough to rip their battling line up if we get greeen tops... It will be stupid idea to give us those lively pitches... I think moderate pitch will be what we should see... if we bowl first, we will win the games easily...

There's no point picking guys like PK, RP Singh in Tests ahead of Irfan Pathan because they are essentially the same bowler. Swing bowlers who are ineffective when the ball isn't moving around. The only advantage Pathan offers is that he can bat as well and is the fastest bowler out of all three. There's only so many bowlers we can develop at the same time and I think we should just stick with Pathan for a while and give him an extended run to see if he can get some form.

There's no point picking guys like PK, RP Singh in Tests ahead of Irfan Pathan because they are essentially the same bowler. Swing bowlers who are ineffective when the ball isn't moving around. The only advantage Pathan offers is that he can bat as well and is the fastest bowler out of all three. There's only so many bowlers we can develop at the same time and I think we should just stick with Pathan for a while and give him an extended run to see if he can get some form.
Pathan is fastest ? RP Singh bowls at a higher pace and can generate better bounce too than Pathan. cxrWZOba4uk

They should keep Daadaji Patel faar away from the team. It will be between Balaji and Amit Mishra. Unless its a track that clearly favors pace bowlers, we can gamble and go with Mishra (2 spinner attack). Selectors need to consider dropping munna bhai from squad and having either IKP or PK or fly in Sreesanth from India before Test-2. Even the latter are not great options, but they are better than daadaji.

sreesanth would have been very useful in NZ.... His swing at his pace is a deadly combination... and his ability to get the ball move off the seam.... is amazing.. we all saw..what he did in SA... and under gary and Venky..i am sure...he will discipline himself..and perform... we need energy in our bowling...some bad ass attitude... sreesanth is the answer..

Pathan is fastest ? RP Singh bowls at a higher pace and can generate better bounce too than Pathan. cxrWZOba4uk
Not so sure about that. RP's deliveries skid on rather than bouncing up high and as for pace? I don't doubt that he can bowl at high speeds but I'm not sure if he can maintain that speed over a spell.
I generally hold your views on fast bowling quite highly, but you got it wrong this time dude. Pathan is faster than RPS? And gets more bounce than RPS? Watch this video; -Hwhn6kJOgM Same pitch, same conditions and same speed gun and RPS is atleast 8-10 kmph quicker than Irfan on average. And look at the bounce he got when he dismissed Gilchrist.
1. The first test is in Hamilton where the ball does swing initially but the movement dies down after the new ball unless you're bowling at medium pace. 2. It did reverse swing that last time a match was played here and I think it was Chris Martin who did it. 3. New Zealand went with two spinners in the Hamilton Test the last time. There's almost zero chance that Kulkarni plays in the first test so it's a choice between Munaf/Balaji/Mishra as the 4th bowler. Since Munaf doesn't really swing the ball and relies more on seam and line/length then I think the choice is between Balaji/Mishra.
didnt u say that munaf was like mcgrath n could seam the ball n keep one end tight.wat happened? anyway RPS would be my first pick.but seems fitness is problem there.irfan would be next bet.then Sree. kiwis do have problems against leggies but seeing the way Amit bowled in warmup game,i dont think he'll be picked. i fear munaf will be picked if he doesnt get injured as usual.i know its cruel but i dont mind him getting a minor injury n coming back to india.