Egg on the face - Where the heck are you experts?

King

No surprise there. I dont have a grudge against SRT. I have expectations that he will bat us through to victory with a century in such a situation as we faced in Chennai. He did that brilliantly, and I was really happy. Thats what you expect from SRT and its great when he does that. Its only when he has let us down through a poor shot or carelessness that I have criticized. If a very good ball gets him or umpiring mistake etc, then I dont criticize since those things happen. And even then I dont criticize him for one match or one bad shot that gets him out. Its only when there is a sequence of matches where there are a string of low scores caused mainly due to his poor shot selection, then I have criticized and yes, will criticize in the future too. Thats not just for SRT, but for other players as well incl. RD. If they do well, then we should appreciate.
Did he promise you that ? Nevertheless, I raised your username because it is one of many that called him selfish at various points of time, and still stand by that - instead of correcting yourselves.
No surprise there. I dont have a grudge against SRT. I have expectations that he will bat us through to victory with a century in such a situation as we faced in Chennai. He did that brilliantly, and I was really happy. Thats what you expect from SRT and its great when he does that. Its only when he has let us down through a poor shot or carelessness that I have criticized. If a very good ball gets him or umpiring mistake etc, then I dont criticize since those things happen. And even then I dont criticize him for one match or one bad shot that gets him out. Its only when there is a sequence of matches where there are a string of low scores caused mainly due to his poor shot selection, then I have criticized and yes, will criticize in the future too. Thats not just for SRT, but for other players as well incl. RD. If they do well, then we should appreciate.
I have tears running down my eyes Thanks for the laugh. edited... don't wanna derail this thread. FL you truly are very generous and objective. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will stop someone.

Abey chamanon why do you make very thread about the same old crap i.e. finey vs. the rest this is really about SRT and stupid cricketers who try to bask in his glory by attention seeking criticism finey and the rest stop derailing every thread

Guys - I dont know why you are including me in this above suggestion. I had not made a single post in this thread, until graphic23 brought my name explicitly into this thread (later on that has been edited out by admin). So, as long as folks refrain from doing that, there is no issue. Can we just let this go now? Thanks. Pls. dont respond to this, and continue this. Just STOP - Issue closed, move on with the main thread.

I think Moin Khan and Sanjay Manjrekar questioning SRT's commitment and will is ridiculous. Both are idiots. But given the circumstances' date= I do not think Kapil and Chappellis article is unjsutified. That was early to mid 2007 all after the WC 2007 and before the 2nd test in England. SRT had gone through a prolonged patch of bad form starting in 2005. So they were justified in criticizing. After all, he was getting bogged down with injuries and had played for a LONG time even then. SRT earns 200 crores a year and is worshipped like god in India and abroad. If he cannot take such criticisms in stride (which I think he does), then he should not be in the limelight. Celebrities who have a public life, in the entertainment business and earn a sh*tload of money should take even harsh criticisms in stride as long as they are justified. Chappell's and Kapil's were, not Manjrekar or katlu Moin's. Now since mid 2007 he has been on a roll and we are all happy about it. Any criticism now is unwarranted, but then it was fine as long as people were not calling him a wuss (like katlu Moin did).
No Danda. These criticisms were not just match specific. Kapil accused Sachin of failing whenever a pressure situation arose and Ian Chappell asked him to resign. But neither have the decency to come out and accept in public that they were wrong in their assessment of Sachin's ability.Even recently Sachin showed how he took the team to victory in such highpressure situations. Where were Kapil and Ian with their comments?
:hatsoff: yep-kapil has a right to analize and critize any batsman.whether he is right or wrong is another issue.
Oh really? No person earns the right to criticise anyone wrongly.
And my point is that there is no bias. It is not bias. The point being that chase was impossible if Sehwag hadn't scored that 83.
Without Sachin scoring the unbeaten 103 also the chase was impossible. So how about praising Sachin along with Sehwag too?
Finey, the thing which irritates everyone is how you always expect great innings from Sachin everytime and criticise him after failing to meet your unreal expectation but never criticise the person whom you keep on defending whenever someone else criticises him!

If Tendulkar were an X-Men character, he would be a combination of Mystique and Wolverine. For the uninitiated, Mystique possesses the ability to transform into someone else, mimicking their physical and habitual traits. Like Mystique, Tendulkar possesses the ability to transform his batting to mimic anyone of his contemporary's. He has played like Veeru(Bloemfontein, Chennai '98), like Waugh(body blows at Trent Bridge), like Dravid(Sydney and Multan), like Miandad(ugly yet effective Chennai '08), like Lara(unbelievably glittering strokeplay at Bangalore '98, Wellington '98) and like Ponting(counter attacking when coming in early like Trent Bridge '02, Calcutta '02, Mumbai '01, Mumbai '94, Mumbai '04, Melbourne '08). Unlike lesser mortals, he can pick and choose which batsman to emulate depending on the situation. Of course, he is not a copycat but a master illusionist who is his own man and yet can lull the unsuspecting audience into thinking they are watching someone else. Not Tendulkar but an imposter. This 'imposter' period was his way of dealing with his injuries by playing percentage and maximising his debilitated batting's effectiveness. His ability to recover quickly from pain(read seriously debilitating injuries) and attacks(read vociferous criticisms) is similar to Wolverine's powers. Very very few people can answer their harshest critics in such a decisive manner and effectively, embellish their already star studded legacy instead of tarnishing it, which most people expect. If someone wrote an epic of Tendulkar, his career would be divided into the following volumes: - Boy Wonder ('89 to '03) - The Imposter ('03 to '07) - The Enforcer('08 to ??)

:haha: Re: Sachin Speaks Up This guy used to be considered unanimously as one of the top 10 greatest cricketers ever. It didnt matter whom you asked, Sachin would be in top 10 if not top 5. Today he struggles to find a place in India XI! How the mighty have fallen! Call it a day before you embarass yourself further Sachin. Guess who wrote above lines?