Atul Sharma Bowling (Video)

Gambit

Wow...first of thanks Ian for posting this video..To me he looks a good 160+ guy which is incredible. Lets watch him in the live game if we are lucky enough...I dont normally watch IPL, not even for SRT. But I will watch the game when Atul plays... GOOD LUCK to ATUL SHARMA for his great career ahead.:two_thumbs_up:

Nash...this video has been posted illegally and you do not have permission to post it on youtube. Please remove this immediately as it is an exclusive clip and only for web sites that have agreed to take it.
I deleted it...:hatsoff:

Sad part is' date=' not India but someone else produced India's "potential" fast bowler. I hope BCCI gets Ian Pont in MRF academy ASAP (once Atul is "unleashed").[/quote'] there is absolutely nothing sad about it! do you suppose americans rue the fact that the father of the theory of relativity is a german by birth? or that the first internet email portal was popularized by an indian? or that an overwhelming number of the mathematics and physics departments at all ivy league universities are dominated by scientists trained during the communist era at bastions of the old union such as st. petersburg university etc etc? ian pont saw commercial opportunity and talent in india and he nurtured it. heck, the mrf pace foundation was run by dennis lillee! drop this nationalist agenda mate. the artificial boundaries of countries are being diluted every day by economics and technology!

As usual OTT reaction when there was no video and now that there is a video the reaction has been OTT. Let him bowl an over before you guys taut him as the best thing since slice bread please.
no mate... we are appreciating his impressive fitness and his exercise regime. and save for the occassional man crush courtsey the pecs and ceps (guilty!)... there has yet not been any suggestion that he would be the contemporary equivalent of zeus unleashing thunderbolts upon thunderbolts... (not counting amits of course)

Here's my take 12 hours after watching the Incredible Hulk trailer for the first time and watching it again a few minutes back - definitely looks like he can bowl fast and has a Thomson like action which can generate a lot of pace. Impossible to make out from the videos as to what kind of pace he generates but looking at his warm up deliveries my guess would be 90+ mph. Now for the cons that I noticed - in all exercise regimen shown on the video it looks like he lacks the stamina. I might be completely wrong here and all those clips might have been towards the end of his workout on that particular exercise but I found it a bit quirky that all the snippets end with him stopping. I would have been more convinced perhaps if the clips were in the middle of his particular regimen. He has a very unusual built for the typical fast bowler cricket I have seen - I am no Biomechanics expert but watching cricket I can easily rattle off the names of lean, fit guys generating an enormous amount of pace and the overtly muscular ones being too injury prone to have a significant impact. Atul might be a breakaway from the stereotype but I have very good reasons to doubt his match fitness given he has not played competitive cricket for 7 years and never once bowled to a first class team. Best of luck, Atul, you'll need it and anything written by me in a malicious manner I would like to retract because now I know you exist and you have worked terribly hard to get there. Don't let us down now!

Not talking about you yaar but generally. Ian Pont has been vindicated on Atul's existence and his claim that Atul was a very different powerfully built fast bowler. As for Atul himself, he has come from nowhere, trained for 3 years and made it to the champion IPL team. We should now exercise restrain, show patience, support Atul(who could be the bowler we have always dreamt of having) who's recovering from injury and wish him all the best. A promising Indian cricketer deserves atleast that much from Indian fans.
No will not apologize for anything. The way Atul has been introduced was nothing short of a hollywood script -- complete drama. And cricketers are not dramatic. He might be good, he might not be -- but the way he has been introduced was just plain simply stupid. And most importantly if I have to show a body builder bowling -- i could get one of the WWF guy and have him do something similar -- and possibly get more wows. We dont know anything about him -- and he has done nothing even half significant for me to support Ian Ponts claim.

As usual OTT reaction when there was no video and now that there is a video the reaction has been OTT. Let him bowl an over before you guys taut him as the best thing since slice bread please.
I second that ... his fitness regime seems to be very good but his speed cannot be made out as of now ... and it is quite different when he will bowl to the world's top batsmen if he plays the IPL .. they are batsmen who have played upto several decades of cricket and his actual test would be against them