Modi

bunny

Modi has certainly done to cricket what IT did to pvt sector. Good to see many fringe players getting a shot at glory money and a chance to play for Mother India. All Hail Modi......
First of all, a big Hi to all in this forum As I can see, I am probably the only lady here, but the love of the game draws me to such dark corners Mulla Nayak, I do not agree with your post, you are giving far too much credit to Modi, he only stole the idea from ICL guys, just like how Bill Gates stole the ideas of Steve Jobs I hate IPL too, thugs like Pawar and Modi are benefiting from it, yes some fringe players make a fast buck but that doesnt offset the fact that there is no transparency

First of all, a big Hi to all in this forum As I can see, I am probably the only lady here, but the love of the game draws me to such dark corners Mulla Nayak, I do not agree with your post, you are giving far too much credit to Modi, he only stole the idea from ICL guys, just like how Bill Gates stole the ideas of Steve Jobs I hate IPL too, thugs like Pawar and Modi are benefiting from it, yes some fringe players make a fast buck but that doesnt offset the fact that there is no transparency
B->B->B->B->

NO Here are others: Flamy H4te Finey (depending on which side of bed it gets up in the morning). .

20 years ago, BCCI were no different than the PCB. It is because of people like Dalmiya and Modi, that the BCCI has become one of the biggest sporting board in the world. Ranji players made 2000 Rs per game back then. Now they earn in lakhs. We could have easily been another IHF or PCB had it not been for people like these.
I don't think the Ranji players get paid in Lakhs, it is still in thousands Ranji standards have a long way to go. BTW there are only some Ranji Teams which enjoy 5 star status -- like Mumbai, Delhi Punjab and possibly Karnataka and TN. Rest of them still languish without proper facilities and stuff Like Railways still use Karnail Singh Stadium in Delhi -- which i think is no better than a 16th century bull fight ring. Similarly lot of these ranji teams still use old and archaic facilities. I wish BCCI takes care of these lesser known teams.

Ranji cricketers get paid in the range of Rs.35k per match.not bad.in a season they can make 2 lakhs. apart from this, the Limited overs zonal tournament yielding 75k per season for 5 games. if some one gets selected for Duleep trophy games, another 50k per game. besides these, the domestic cricketers too are entitled for reimbursement of medical bill in case of illness/surgeries. all in all, these have been achieved mainly because of higher revenue guaranteed by BCCI's idea of selling the TV rights. NEO TV is their own creation and they are getting paid substantially by NIMBUS , much more than what ESPN-STAR, DD, and others paid BCCI 5 years back. all this TV production and higher revenue is the brain child of Lalit Modi. so let the devil have its due. he deserves credit for revolutionizing the concept of cricket marketing in india. BCCI gets more money, infrastructure is slowly improved. but there is lot of corruption in BCCI , especially in state units/associations. unless that is overcome, there will not be any improvement in facilities. but certainly the players are well off thanks to the higher revenues of BCCI thru IPL TV rights and regular tests and one day matches rights sale in india. ICL did not invent 20-20, it was created in UK first. later 20-20 was played in other countries too.ICL started popularising 20-20 in india, but cricket has always been popular in india!

Love him or hate him, you gotto respect him. modilalit.jpg This guy could well turn out to be one of the most influential names in the global sports/entertainment marketing- broadcasting business, ala Bernie Eccelstone or even a Vince Mcmahon or WWE. Just like Bernie and Vince created a multi-billion Industry out of nothing, Modi has created a tournament thats been watched by millions and one that has been raking in the billions from almost nowhere. Nowadays, when Modi speaks People listen. Everyone wants a piece of him.

whine whine whine .. thats all people can do. I know he is not a saint .. I know he is bull*****ing when he says that he works for Re1 per year for BCCI but I will give him credit where its due .. he is a very smart businessman . He is making money , promoting cricket and he does not give up. Tell me how many people would hire him to market a product against any other employee of any cricket broad around the world.

Also - lol... who said that Kapil Dev invented ICL. It was Zee TV's attempt to take a dig at BCCI for repeatedly snubbing them over tv rights. Have you forgotten the no. of law suits between Zee and BCCI over tv rights, during all of which DD will walk away with the rights for almost free... Kapil Dev was just an instrument used by Zee to rope in others. In a way :hatsoff: to Subhash Chandra as well for holding ICL successfully for 2 years with not an iota of support from any of the cricket governing bodies... One more thing I was vaguely aware of is that Lait Modi had the concept of IPL in his mind for a long time before that. It was said that BCCI had it lying in the drawing boards for a long time. Only when ICL took off, there was an urgency in BCCI ranks to implement Modi's vision.. So all in all - I'm very proud of IPL as almost all other cricket playing nations are looking at India with awe... :hatsoff: to Modi for making India stand tall amongst cricket playing nations... Cmon Modi.. :cheer: :cheer: PS: The only one thing that Modi did that irritated me to no end is ganging up with Chappal and extending the red carpet welcome to the Aussie team during their Test series last year. Otherwise all is well with my respect for Modi...

trying so ****ing hard to sell IPL... what a loser...Whenever I see Modi I start hating IPL.
so, you expect him to tell the media that IPL is a disaster?whats wrong with you? he may be exaggerating a bit but he is doing what is expected of him. it is nothing short of an achievement, in this recessionary times, to conduct IPL with the support of sponsors, that too staging in SA after so many issues. plz give the devil its due!

If you think the world lives on philanthropy then you are dreaming, the guy has revolutionized cricket entertainment, lot of money and have outsiders dream to play in it Whats wrong with that? In a big event, he is rolling business and boss, money talks..paisa hain to izzat hain! So he is selling IPL, he has to