Is Badri unlucky or is he really useless?

Gambit

Poor guy just hasn't justified the hype around him. He might be perfect for the test team but like it or not, opinions will be made and decisions influenced by his performances in the IPL. Earlier, I thought he wasn't getting enough chances to bat up the order and now that he is getting to bat in the top 4, he's hardly making it count. Today, he got a big duck ducky as opener. ICF stat engine produced the following IPL stats for Badri

stats4a02f1bede005.png
[table=head]Year|Runs|BatAv|BatSR 2008|192|32.00|147.69 2009|89|17.80|111.25 [/table]

pls don't feed the trolls' date=' even if the user id says the great Gambit.[/quote'] Let's see your defense of his performance given his hype in this IPL. Might be difficult to defend him in a single sentence though :cantstop:

In this format he is useless but when VVS can play IPL so can Badri dont expect them to win you games though
My point is that he might be perfect for the test team but like it or not, opinions will be made and decisions influenced by his performances in the IPL. He failed in the high profile game against the Aussies in Oct as well, so his stock might be falling rather quickly.

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: One day you too will find yourself with no access to Dosa, then u'll know my pain. :((
:fail: No pains - no gains. Indian grocery stores have ready2cook Dosa batter. You can always cook yourselves one. @OP: I still remember the hoopla Badri created - "What more should I do, before I get picked for National team" etc. He has been a failure in the national side so far. He's just plain useless untill he gets back in the runs in Regional Tourney

a combination of both i think..he turns out to be useless when he gets chances..thats the most frustrating part..for a long time i was supporting him like Flamy..now i dont..if he succeeds i ll be happy but he hasn proved anything yet for all his talk and for all his supporters talk

:fail: No pains - no gains. Indian grocery stores have ready2cook Dosa batter. You can always cook yourselves one. @OP: I still remember the hoopla Badri created - "What more should I do, before I get picked for National team" etc. He has been a failure in the national side so far. He's just plain useless untill he gets back in the runs in Regional Tourney
no pain no pain :dontknow:

umm lemme get this.. he played at No.4 twice and he scored some 30 odd runs... in tht.. how can tht be a fail.. and hes not an openeer ffs... Dhoni has gone nuts to open with him when he has Vijay...
Badri scored those runs at a decent pace and has a good technique. Vijay was a little slow at the top. So, Dhoni took a punt. That's the way he captains. He also went nuts by giving Raina the last two overs. Total lucky nutter.

badri wasim jaffer are those sort of players who can only perform in domestic level.....they score huge scores in the domestic level but when they are called in the side...they fail to deliver most of the time badri is not an opener nor is he a 4-5 down player but still u ve got to make sure that u dont dissapoint in any situation as good players can play on any surface and in any given situation at any given position to be just a fraction harsh on badri...he didnt do much justice to his talent in the opportunities he got thats why i say that some players are made only forthe domestic level....hes one of them but he may prove me wrong and make a cut in the indian team.......but hes certainly been a bit dissapointing as we have more expectations from him :winky:L

badri wasim jaffer are those sort of players who can only perform in domestic level.....they score huge scores in the domestic level but when they are called in the side...they fail to deliver most of the time badri is not an opener nor is he a 4-5 down player but still u ve got to make sure that u dont dissapoint in any situation as good players can play on any surface and in any given situation at any given position to be just a fraction harsh on badri...he didnt do much justice to his talent in the opportunities he got thats why i say that some players are made only forthe domestic level....hes one of them but he may prove me wrong and make a cut in the indian team.......but hes certainly been a bit dissapointing as we have more expectations from him :winky:L
What opportunties are you taking about Did he get to bat in his middle order place? What is the actual diff between him and the rest of the middle order like rohit, raina, they get consistent chances not like sacrificing, why did not dhoni bat up if he was struggling in form, and when badri was playing well he had to open and one duck means he is bad, Also remember a few months ago, he had to cry out to give him a chance when there was some other worse player in the squad rather than him