For my money, Pak are favourites for T20 WC

their batting is nothing special but their bowling will keep them in many games.
If teams figure out a way to score off Gul (India did okay last time (He went for close to 8 runs in both matches) they will have to re think their strategy. All he does is bowl straight yorkers. There is one way of playing yorker that not every batsman uses. Badrinath is one guy who does that. When the bowler bowls yorkers as a batsman you have to retreat to your crease as far back as possible and convert that into an half volley. First time i saw such a shot was when Jadeja played in 1996 world cup. It is a simple technique not many uses that. Badrinath did that successful against Hopes. He even hit his yorkers for six. Going forward is a nono against Gul. He is a two card trick bowler. Yorker or bouncer. If you force him to adjust his length he is an ordinary bowler.
Guest gaurav_indian
Dark horse you might call them.. but favorites??? no way man..
Noone thought that india will win the cup in 2007 but still india won.

There's now way in hell that the Paks will even reach the semis. Unless like last time a few lucky breaks will get them in. They rely heavily on one player to fire when batting. They don't understand the concept of building partnerships or rotating the strike. The only reason they won against Australia Z team is b/c of the spinning tracks of UAE and Aussies not being interested in the tournament. Only cause of concern is Umar Gul and Chuckfridi. But with Yuvraj's recent improvement @ playing spin, I think no Indian player will have a problem facing Chuckfridi. If Sehwag + Gambhir fire, Umar Gul and his bap also won't be able to stop them. I guarantee that any game where the team scores more than 160, Pak will struggle chasing it once Khatmal falls. They don't have pinch hitters in their side anymore other than this guy who strike the ball on a consistent basis. With the strong batting lineups of India, SAF, NZ etc. they will have a terrifically hard time chasing big scores or getting big scores.

Only cause of concern is Umar Gul and Chuckfridi. But with Yuvraj's recent improvement @ playing spin, I think no Indian player will have a problem facing Chuckfridi. If Sehwag + Gambhir fire, Umar Gul and his bap also won't be able to stop them. es.
Chucfridi and gul? Both of them have horrible record against India in one dayers Umar Gul 11 matches 37.92 avge 5.64 economy Half-brainidi 61 matches 57.97 avge 5.07 economy Both of them have had thrashing at the hands of Indian batsmen. Most memorable is this one. 12.1 Umar Gul to Pathan, no run, short leg side delivery, Pathan plays and misses the ball 12.2 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, just short of a length, Pathan edges the ball 12.3 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, length ball outside off stump, Pathan smashes on the front-foot to cover point fence, smashing shot! 12.4 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, slower ball outside off stump, Pathan picks up the slower one and just lofts it over cover, great shot! 12.5 Umar Gul to Pathan, (no ball) FOUR, swinging down the leg stump, Pathan flicks it away wide of the short fine leg fielder, ball races away to the fence, poor bowling! 12.5 Umar Gul to Pathan, FOUR, Four more! length ball and given width outside off stump, Pathan smashes through extra-cover, this is great bating and poor bowling form Gul 12.6 Umar Gul to Pathan, 1 run, line and length, Pathan drives it away, fielded by Younis Khan Great over for the Indians with 22 runs off the over, moisture losing out on the wicket and this will be a 350+ score

Pakistan favorites to win the 2009 T20 WC: Misbah I agree about the part about India being favorites, but Pakistan ? On what basis do they keep harping on about that they're are the best t20 team. Misbah choked in both matches that mattered and somehow lost from positions of victory. I expect their dim witted fans to make such ludicrious predictions, but such an outlandish and moronic statement coming from Misbah? WTH? If anything has changed since the 2007 t20 wc, their team is shyter than before, what with the amount of bickering and infighting. They haven't played a decent number of matches against a full strength team. They hardly play any cricket these days and their t20 win against a badly depleted Aussie X1 that is devoid of its senior players is a foretelling of their second t20 wc win ? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: This is just too funny Doesn't he remember what happened last time ? B-> :hysterical: 80090.jpg Well anyway, here is the article, straight from the horses' mouth: ************************************************************************************** Pakistan, India favourites in World Twenty20 DUBAI (AFP) — Pakistan and India are favourites to win next month's World Twenty20 tournament, as both have shown good form in the game's rapid-fire version, Pakistan's stand-in captain Misbah-ul-Haq said Friday. "Both Pakistan and India have been doing very well in Twenty20 cricket, so I think both have a very good chance of winning the World Twenty20," Haq said after Pakistan's seven-wicket win over Australia here Thursday. Pakistan, led by Haq after regular captain Younus Khan pulled out due to fever, rode on a career-best 4-8 by paceman Umar Gul and leg-spinner Shahid Afridi (3-14) to dismiss Australia for a low score of 108. In reply, Kamran Akmal hit a fiery 59 to help Pakistan reach their target with 3.5 overs to spare -- an emphatic win that Haq said would lift his team's spirits ahead of the World Twenty20 starting in England next month. "I think this win is an indicator of where we stand," said Haq, who scored 24 and added 85 for the third wicket with Akmal. "This win will be a great morale booster for the team," which lost the preceding one-day series 3-2. Thursday's victory was Pakistan's 17th out of 20 Twenty20 matches it has played since this popular brand of cricket was introduced in 2005. Pakistan finished runners-up to India in the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup, held in South Africa two years ago. Haq said he believed Pakistan's domestic Twenty20 championship had helped to build the team. "We have been playing a Twenty20 tournament every year and that has matured us. Fortunately, we are again playing that event in Pakistan before going to England," said Haq. Besides India and Pakistan, Haq also fancied the chances of South Africa and New Zealand in next month's tournament. "Any team can win a Twenty20 game but you need discipline and luck. I think South Africa and New Zealand are also two very good teams," he said. Pakistan coach Intikhab Alam said the team would play practice matches before the event in England. "I am pleased with the performance of the team," said Alam. "Had we been as clinical in the one-day series we would have won that as well. We will play some practice Twenty20 matches so that the team tunes up well." Australia's stand-in captain Brad Haddin said he hoped his team's defeat Thursday would not demoralise them. "You can't judge the form of the team on one game," said Haddin, who replaced Michael Clarke as captain after Clarke returned home for a rest. "We were progressing well in the first five overs but then we lost track and were totally outplayed by Pakistan," he said. "But I hope it's not going to affect us as we have some 20-25 days to prepare," for the Twenty20 tournament. Copyright © 2009 AFP. All rights reserved. ************************************************************************************ Yeah, whatever you clown. CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE :D :hysterical:

I agree. India had a crap team last T20 world cup. Joginder, Uthappam, Plain appam (sreesanth) and there was no Raina, no established Yusu, no Ishantf. They still won. Though this format is a lottery format i still don't think Pakistan is going to win this one. Just keep salman butt on strike for 20 overs. Half the job is done.