Dhoni furious even after win

mister

Instead of celebrating the narrow win against Kings XI Punjab, Chennai Super Kings [images] captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni [images] was fuming after poor catching threatened to cost them the high-scoring IPL thriller on Thursday. Yuvraj Singh [images] was batting on 19 when he miscued a shot off Muttiah Muralitharan [images] but much to the horror of the Chennai side, Manpreet Gony grassed the catch in the deep. Yuvraj went on to slam an unbeaten 36-ball 58 and even though it was not enough to see his side through, Dhoni didn't mince his words in criticising the lapse. "It was important to win this match but we were just not up to the mark," an angry Dhoni said after the match. "We have not stopped dropping catches. There was nothing in the pitch for the spinners and here you spill an opportunity and that too off a batsman like Yuvraj Singh," Dhoni said. "I'm happy to be on the winning side but we needed to win the match comfortably. In all the matches we have lost, we dropped catches of set batsmen and that is disappointing," Dhoni said. "This is happening again and again. At this level, you cannot afford to drop catches of someone like Yuvraj. We paid the price for that and it became a close match," Dhoni explained. His opposite number Yuvraj was also dejected after failing to see his team through in the tense match. "We almost got there but it's disappointing not to win the match," a dejected Yuvraj said. Admitting that bowling remains a problem for his team, Yuvraj said, "Had we been able to restrict them to 160-170, we would have won the match today. "Our bowling remains a major problem for us, especially bowling at death. We have to sort out this issue," he said. Yuvraj reckoned the defeat has left them with no other option but to try and win all their remaining games which is a huge task. "We have to win 100 per cent matches and that's not easy," he said. Yuvraj was also unhappy that he could not ensure a win despite staying till the end. "I'm not happy with myself either. I should have seen it through. I think I too need to brush up my game," he said. Man of the Match Matthew Hayden [images] said he was enjoying his game and felt Dhoni's presence at the other end helped him.

Guest gaurav_indian
We're number no.1 despite dropping so many catches. Imagine what number we will be if we hold on to all of them. :omg:
-1 :giggle: agle tournament ki bhi top ranking mein hote shuru hone se pehle. :cantstop:

Dhoni himself dropped a catch...how easily he singled out Gony. Why did he pick Gony at all in the first place when he has been piss poor?
hes referring to the whole team... and this is not the 1st time catches were dropped.. dropped catches were the norm for this team throughout this IPL....

I hope CSK get their catching in order before it hurts them big time again. in the opening match Hayden dropped SRT very early and the rest is history. the less said about the fielding & catching against DC is better. probably the worst display ever by CSK in IPL and almost on par with the worst of KKR in IPL. Dhoni is justifiably angry but shud have kept the tirade for team meeting instead of the presentation. may be he expects the players to respond better if they are humiliated in public! He too misses stumping opportunities regularly, he shud aim for better performance himself.

Even neutral observers would be furious at the comical display. It is understandable Dhoni was very vocal about this shortcoming. These are high school stuffs. No excuse. Light/Dew are not excuses. First job of any catching is getting into position then watch all the way through. Gony does neither of it. Very poor technique.

hes referring to the whole team... and this is not the 1st time catches were dropped.. dropped catches were the norm for this team throughout this IPL....
I agree the level of fielding was pathetic in many of the matches but still CSK has the most pathetic fielding disaster under its belt Do you remember the fielding disaster in the previous Chennai match by Jakati etc. when nobody had an idea of what was happening .. they missed easy runout twice in the same ball :giggle:

but the best part is.. even with all the drops we won.. imagine wat wud have happend if we had taken all those catches.. poonjab doesnt stand a chance.. :--D
mmmmmmmmmmmm.......I guess wouldn't have made much difference. You would have still won.

but the best part is.. even with all the drops we won.. imagine wat wud have happend if we had taken all those catches.. poonjab doesnt stand a chance.. :--D
Dude, CSK already played uncharacteristically well to win . Don't worry, all the ifs and butts will be taken care of in next encounter ...your mauling is not too far away. :winky: The CSK fake "lion" will be slaughtered and the remains will be laid on anna salai for public to pay their last respects.

Dude' date=' CSK already played uncharacteristically well to win . Don't worry, all the ifs and butts will be taken care of in next encounter ...your mauling is not too far away. :winky:[/quote'] umm u have been saying this all along.. but never ur team were able to beat us.. they played 3 times against us in IPL1 and they lost all.. now in this IPL, they lost the 1st one.. I dont see any upset coming up.... and haydos gonna blast the appam chu.tiya out of the orbit in the next match.. watch out..