'Mind your own business,' Gayle tells Strauss

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

'Mind your own business,' Gayle tells Strauss

London: West Indies captain Chris Gayle has hit back at Andrew Strauss for criticising his late arrival from the IPL, saying the England captain should concentrate on his own team and he wouldn't be sad if Test cricket did not survive. Gayle was criticised by Strauss after he reached England just two days prior to the first Test which the West Indies lost by 10 wickets inside three days. "Stay out of people's business," Gayle warned ahead of the second Test and last starting on Thursday. "Focus on his team, don't worry about West Indies, don't worry about me. Tell him don't sleep with Chris on his mind, tell him get Chris off his mind," he told the Guardian. Gayle said Strauss should be worrying about his future in the event of Test cricket's demise. "I wouldn't be so sad," said Gayle on Test cricket's possible death. "Some other players would be. Maybe Andrew Strauss would be sad. Maybe he will be sad if Test cricket dies and Twenty20 comes in. Because there is no way he can make the change. So tough luck. "I like Twenty20 since it come about now. I like it. Who doesn't? Maybe a couple of the Englishmen wouldn't like to play Twenty20." The West Indian opener also said he is not willing to continue with his captaincy. "To be honest with you there's a possibility I might give it up - I will be giving it up shortly. "It's definitely not something I'm looking to hang on to. I need some time for myself, to be honest with you, it's a lot of travelling. There's always something you have to go and do, you know, extra. Lunch or dinner, some other thing, there's always something for the captain. I'm not that type of person. I can't take on too much things. So soon I will be handing over this captaincy. I soon finish with it."
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/mind-your-own-business-gayle-tells-strauss/40809-13-1.html haha Strauss got pwned by Gayle.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

i dont agree with what Gayle said but these ****ing englishmen think too much of themselves.I hate them and their condescending attitude.it was not 2 months ago that these very Englishmen couldnt buy a SINGLE WIN and now that they win one test against a WI team which really doesnt want to be there Strauss is talking out of his Ass again.

I still dont understand what does the fecking English people think of themselves .. England is anyways at no. 6 in ICC rankings in both Test and ODI and so I do not understand what they have done for Test cricket .. Bopara himself said that IPL has helped him .. I am not sure if Strauss is crying over sour grapes or is he really worried .. and if England is really worried then how come they have been trying T20 tournaments since a long time and years before IPL started

"It's definitely not something I'm looking to hang on to. I need some time for myself, to be honest with you, it's a lot of travelling. There's always something you have to go and do, you know, extra. Lunch or dinner, some other thing, there's always something for the captain. I'm not that type of person. I can't take on too much things. So soon I will be handing over this captaincy. I soon finish with it."
:hysterical: He just wants to swing the bat a few times, make his money in the IPL and go back home and chill.

Strauss is so much like Atherton. He must be fuming he wasn't considered for IPL. Wonder what he said to KP and Freddi? I do think Strauss should shut up for once. He's been in the international circuit for long without doing enough justice. I think he should concentrate on his cricket rather than worry about Chris Gayle. One test match win and he's over the top. Wonder if he has forgotten the series they played out in WI recently.

Now Lloyd says the same thing about Gayle :

Clive Lloyd has expressed disappointment and concern over the IPL's impact on the West Indian team, fearing another poor showing against England in Durham could erode the foundations laid by Chris Gayle's men over the past 18 months. Lloyd, the former West Indian captain and current chairman of the ICC's cricket committee, said the arrival of Gayle from the IPL less than two days before the Lord's Test had set a bad example for the rest of the Windies players, and the absence of Dwayne Bravo was being sorely felt. Gayle scored 28 and 0 in West Indies' dispiriting 10-wicket defeat against England at Lord's, and was among those to turf crucial catches in the hosts' first innings. The Windies' poor fielding, Lloyd argued, was a direct result of the team's interrupted build-up to the series, and Gayle's decision to extend his stay with the Kolkata Knight Riders had hardly helped in that regard. "It concerns me because our players are not here early enough, and some of them are not here at all," Lloyd told Cricinfo. "I am disappointed that Bravo is not here. We're not playing our best team. It is disappointing. "I found [Gayle's late arrival] pretty strange, because as captain you want to be there with your team, and with your team early. I've always said - with all teams - that they should be playing more games before a Test match. Coming this early in England, you need to get some games under your belts, get accustomed to the conditions. Catching is important here. If it's cold, and if you're not accustomed to that, you will drop catches, as they've done here. "You can't drop six catches and expect to win a Test match. Had they taken 75 percent of those catches, it might have been a different Test match. They did very well in New Zealand and against England in the West Indies, and they looked like they were just about levelling off, but there we go again, back to square one. It's like digging a hole to fill a hole. We have to be serious with our players and make sure they represent us in the right manner." Lloyd hinted he was not entirely convinced at the reasons offered by the West Indies board for Bravo's continued participation for the Mumbai Indians while the Test series in England proceeds. Bravo was officially stood down from the two Tests against England after the Windies medical staffed deemed his ankle not yet ready for the rigours of Test cricket, but some, including respected Caribbean commentator Tony Cozier, have pondered whether Bravo's move was in some part motivated by his well-publicised feud with the WICB. The player himself is clearly not feeling any side-effects, having starred for Mumbai Indians with a matchwinning 70 not out on Tuesday "The point is we have a guy called Bravo, who is still playing in the IPL," Lloyd said. "He's one of our best all-rounders. Had he been here bowling-wise and catching, he would add a lot to the team. Whenever he plays in our team, our fielding goes up another 15 percent. We miss him terribly, there's no doubt about it. I find that you shouldn't be choosing [domestic] one-day cricket over your Test match or Test series. Test matches are what we're known for. This guy was probably given permission to stay, I don't know the whole thing, but I would love to see him here." Lloyd, a long-time resident of Manchester, was sceptical of Gayle's argument that the springtime pitch conditions in England contributed to his side's heavy defeat at Lord's. "They've been playing county cricket a month before that," he said. "It's a matter of getting here early, getting in your nets, working hard at your fielding and your batting. It's Test cricket - you have to be at your best. It's a Test of your character and your skills. That's why it's called a Test match. You've got to be on top of your game."
And I agree with him and Strauss. Setting camp two days before a test series is not on when the rest of your team has been there for a long time. If you really don't care about the series just skip it, retire from tests, and concentrate on IPL, but to let your team down in such a manner is uncalled for which is shining through his false bravado comments. You want to retire, just do it, maaaan, spare us the agony of watching a half baked side led by a quarter baked captain. http://content.cricinfo.com/engvwi2009/content/current/story/404091.html

And all those taking shots at Strauss, did you check what Gayle's test record looks like after batting a career on the pattas of West Indies - the guy does not average even 40 in test cricket. And if T20 is his forte I certainly saw lots of evidence of him taking the KKR to previously unexplored heights in the IPL.

Guest gaurav_indian

Noone said anything against Bopara and Fidel Edwards?And just becoz Gayle failed to score runs in the first test which i guess isnt happening for the first time in the cricket history some of the cricketers(jealous) are taking cheap shots at him.They just want to blame IPL for everything.

For starters, Strauss is not british.. He is a South African.. But ya I like how Gayle replied that Strauss should mind his own business but at same time the bri media might have played a cheeky role in publishing the comments of both captains

Noone said anything against Bopara and Fidel Edwards?And just becoz Gayle failed to score runs in the first test which i guess isnt happening for the first time in the cricket history some of the cricketers(jealous) are taking cheap shots at him.They just want to blame IPL for everything.
No one even said anything about Pietersen even though he got a big fat blob in the test - which should make it pretty clear that this is not about IPL vs. Test Cricket but about the level of commitment a leader shows towards his team by arriving less than 2 days before an assignment. Bopara, Edwards, and Pietersen all arrived well in advance and were not captaining their sides.

Bhai Clive Llyods kab se Gayle se jealous hone laga...Gayle ki aukaat hi kya hai uske saamne ? :hysterical: