Sehwag and Gambhir - out of touch?

Sachinism

Sehwag on his return had a slightly different approach. He was presenting dead straight bat for balls that cut back. He played better percentage cricket. But he went back to his old style which was the reason for his inconsistency in NZ. Slashing' date=' throwing bat at everything . He doesn't have to go after every ball. Even with his test match approach he can score quicker than lot of players.[/quote'] I agree :agree: And if Sehwag wants to be a demolisher maybe he can play a bit safer yet demolishing way like Gilchrist and Hayden has done for Australia in the last decade .. both Gilly and Haydos used to massacre the opposition yet not gift away their wickets ... Gilly and Haydos were the main force behind Australia's supremacy in cricket for over a decade .. Veeru and Gauti were also looking similar and this was resulting in continuous growth of Indian cricket team .. but both the openers especially Veeru are not playing calculated risks like they did previously .. they are instead going for complete risks which is worrying

i dont thiink sehwag thinks to highly of IPL; ofcourse being the captain and in tense situations he looks serious but over all i dont think he cares much. the other day after they lost to punjab veeru was similing aware;, his attitude was more like good game of gulli-cricket quiet the opposite of reaction we get from mccullam.

i dont thiink sehwag thinks to highly of IPL; ofcourse being the captain and in tense situations he looks serious but over all i dont think he cares much. the other day after they lost to punjab veeru was similing aware;' date=' his attitude was more like good game of gulli-cricket quiet the opposite of reaction we get from mccullam.[/quote'] How do you figure this?he plays exactly like he played for the Indian team-i have not seen much difference.Sehwag actually said that playing in the IPL was harder than playing for the national team.

As far as Gambhir goes Srilanka found a weakness in him. You can't call it a weakness. But a tactic that prevents his natural batting style. That is keeper standing up. When keeper stands up he becomes a totally different batsman. He just pushes and prods without decisive foot work. He will have to counter this tactic.

Given that he is a terrific player of spin (which obviously means that the keeper stands up)' date=' I don't think that is an issue.[/quote'] Keeper standing up to seamers. For a spinner you can make last minute adjustments. Not for a seamer once you walk down. If he slips down the leg side you will have no chance to get back. Ball will get to the keeper faster. Your reaction time will be less.

Keeper standing up to seamers.
Even then, I haven't seen Gambhir be tentative against Vaas or Bracken. Early on, he'd succumb to these guys (who have a load of off/leg cutters) because his leg would come far too across. But in recent matches, I have not seen him uncomfortable against any dibbly-dobbly bowlers.

How do you figure this?he plays exactly like he played for the Indian team-i have not seen much difference.Sehwag actually said that playing in the IPL was harder than playing for the national team.
i dont know what he said; i know what i saw, out of nowhere pathan came wacked 3 6s and won the game for punjab after the winning run was hit, i saw veeru the losing captain with a big smile congratulating pathan. I also saw veeru the captain on 4th day morning against NZ 2nd test and let me assure you he was neither smiling nor did it appear as if he is going to smile till the series was over.

Sehwag's loss of form is a big concern. As we have seen in the past, just like how he can be a spectacular sucess, he can be a miserable failure too. If this is the start of another such run for Viru, all of us have causes to be concerned.

Sehwag's loss of form is a big concern. As we have seen in the past' date=' just like how he can be a spectacular sucess, he can be a miserable failure too. If this is the start of another such run for Viru, all of us have causes to be concerned.[/quote'] He was going through a purple patch. He should make the most of it instead of getting out to reckless shots.

He was going through a purple patch. He should make the most of it instead of getting out to reckless shots.
he failed in a domestic tournament so what ? all comes down to how he does when he opens for India and on that front he is doing fine.

he failed in a domestic tournament so what ? all comes down to how he does when he opens for India and on that front he is doing fine.
If you are in form you are expected to do well in all games. It is more than a domestic game. It is more competitive game than most of the international games. So it is only fair people worry about his performance in this. I don't think he had an impressive Test series in NZ as well.

If you are in form you are expected to do well in all games. It is more than a domestic game. It is more competitive game than most of the international games. So it is only fair people worry about his performance in this. I don't think he had an impressive Test series in NZ as well.
Exactly. Sehwag and Gambhir's opening partnership is crucial for India doing well. Usually at least one of them is in good touch, but this IPL both have been uncomfortable.

The main concern is that his bad form has been continuing since the later part of NZ ... even when he captained India in one of the tests in NZ he was playing rash shots and getting out in all games Sehwag's shot selection was demolishing yet comparatively safe like Hayden previously .. but now his shot selection has become rash and unproductive like Afridi.. hope that he returns back to his form soon .. anyways I do not agree with the farce about international and domestic tournaments .. if his form is going good he should be able to score irrespective of whether it is domestic or international tournaments.. anyways India will face further competition from countries like SA where many of their players like ABDV and Duminy are reaching peak form ... the good thing about India is that all of the players looks to be in form except the openers .. but hope Veeru and Gauti returns to form soon